It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in Saudi Arabia for attempting sorcery on boss (WTF!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

A 33-year-old Indian worker in Saudi Arabia was arrested for allegedly attempting to cast a 'magic spell' on his employer. The man has admitted to committing the crime and said he wanted to cast a magic spell on his employer in order to get rich quickly, police said. The man, who was not identified, received an envelope from India containing "suspicious material" with which he allegedly wanted to cast a magic spell on his employer, but the envelope was seized before he could collect it, they said. The Saudi Gazette report said that an official at the post office thought the envelope from India addressed to the man contained something suspicious. The envelope was later found to contain papers with strange writings used for magic and sorcery spells and the Criminal Investigations Department was informed. According to the paper, a trap was set in which the postman was replaced with a police detective and the addressee was called to receive the envelope. He was then asked to name the contents of the envelope, to which he replied that the contents were supposed to make him rich instantly. The worker was then taken in for investigations. Practicing witchcraft and sorcery are illegal under Saudi Arabia's Islamic sharia law. According to the newspaper, Jeddah Police spokesman First Lt Nawaf Al-Bouq confirmed that the worker has been detained pending complete investigations.

www.indianexpress.com...

Arrested for attempting to cast a magic spell ???? i have no words......

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You'd think this was the year 1,000 instead of 2013. They can run their country however they want, but at the same time I can laugh at them all I want as well. (because I live in the USA and have the freedom to do so .. if I lived there, they'd probably toss me in jail for 'blasphemy' for laughing or some other silly thing).

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

That's weird.
I hear all the time from the Islamapologists that Islamic countries are modern and loving.

I guess that might be true, if you are not a 'witch', or Christian, or atheist, or anything but wahabi Muslim in Saudi Arabia!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You'd think this was the year 1,000 instead of 2013. They can run their country however they want, but at the same time I can laugh at them all I want as well. (because I live in the USA and have the freedom to do so .. if I lived there, they'd probably toss me in jail for 'blasphemy' for laughing or some other silly thing).

They don't care for dancing either, do they?
Footloose, anyone?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That poor guy only wanted to cast a spell to make himself rich.......it was not even anything intending harm.... i hope he is not killed for that..

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The thing is ... if he was arrested that won't stop him from casting.
If he really were able to cast and achieve success .. he could still cast.
I'd love for him to cast a freedom spell ... and a 'get rich' spell ... and
that would be great revenge.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The thing is ... if he was arrested that won't stop him from casting.
If he really were able to cast and achieve success .. he could still cast.

No they thought of that, they have anti-magic prison cells.

Not to mention the Saudis are in league with the Ministry of Magic so they just have to call the Improper Use of Magic Office.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Ministry of Magic has clear guidelines about the application of spells and magic in the company of Muggles.
....wait.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Must have been influenced heavily by 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Harry Potter'
Prolly watched it one too many times

edit on 7-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
fwiw...the op says the individual was from India, so he could be Hindu or Sikh (or animist), not Muslim.

I saw voodoo stuff once in Baltimore. it's that global economy I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It wasn't too long ago, right here in our own country, that being outed for practicing witchcraft or sorcery, would have had it's own dire repercussions. In some places in the world they still burn witches and sorcerers. Curious to know the workings of his spell, myself. I don't trust the news, and I would be willing to bet this spell wasn't actually for 'getting rich' at all, but likely some trivial money spell.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yup it wasn’t that long ago in the scope of history we had the same thing.

Anybody ever visit Salem, Massachusetts? They have a interesting history.

Don’t forget this.

Satanic ritual abuse (SRA, sometimes known as ritual abuse, ritualistic abuse, organised abuse, sadistic ritual abuse and other variants) was a moral panic that originated in the United States in the 1980s, spreading throughout the country and eventually to many parts of the world, before subsiding in the late 1990s.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.personal.utulsa.edu...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
fwiw...the op says the individual was from India, so he could be Hindu or Sikh (or animist), not Muslim.

I saw voodoo stuff once in Baltimore. it's that global economy I guess.
then definitely a scam artist milkin weak minds

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What an absolutely peaceful, loving, enlightened, inclusive, intelligent, modern, forgiving and all around wonderful religion. I for one hope more of this makes its way westward so that we all can enjoy this.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

He very well could be. Any guesses as to when the last public execution was for sorcery in Saudi Arabia?

Last year!

"Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'". BBC News. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.

new topics

top topics

join