It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman attempting to live on nothing but water and sunlight for 6 months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Water and Sunshine?

You know what THEY make when combined!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Ha...I actually had that exact thought when I was writing this. I am subjected to Spongebob on a daily basis with the kids.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Anyone ever see a runway model lately?
That's pretty much proof you can live without food or much of anything really.
that is sick. Not even pretty.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Anyone ever see a runway model lately?
That's pretty much proof you can live without food or much of anything really.
that is sick. Not even pretty.

Yeah. She doesn't look healthy at all, Keith Richards daughter, maybe?
She needs to go on the McDonald's diet.
Shovel some Big Macs into her and she'd be filled out proper again.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I think that this woman is very foolish. I think she has been brain-washed. I think that by doing this...it makes her feel special and apart from the crowd...she so desperately wants attention and approval.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Can't think of a better way to prove the whole group as crazies. When she dies in 2 months from starvation they will have their answer as to whether you can live on "prana". Then they can stop peddling this ridiculous kind of thinking.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Navenna Shine is calling her experiment “Living on Light.”

Before its over her experiment will be called "Headed toward the light"

We will be reading about her in the papers one day when she ends up the same way that Christopher McCandless from the movie "Into The Wild". These people that go out into the wild and think they are just gonna survive off of the basics with no proper training or knowledge are in fact committing a slow and very painful form of suicide.

I have immense respect for the ideals of people such as McCandless but without proper training they are doomed before they even start. This woman expecting to live off of nothing but water and sunlight needs a good mental evaluation because there is no way that she will survive and any rational person should be aware of that.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Man at first glance I thought that was a picture of Angelina after her voluntary double mastectomy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I love the name of the group though...the Breatharians

I recall reading about another "breatharian", Jasmuheen, some time back.
She shares a house with her non-breatharian husband, so there's plenty of food around the house.
And she's also been seen to eat food, but she claims that is just for entertainment purposes occasionaly, because the taste is still something she likes to experience every once in a while.
Most seem to think she's just a fraud though.

Edit - Here's an expose where she tries to be a breatharian, under test, and fails dismally...

edit on 7-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Past the naysayers, there is a way to not eat or drink for 6 months.

If she pumps her intestines full of nutrients, calling it a cleanse or a colonic, she can get away with her claims.

The way she self judges her weight loss and size changes makes her sound like she has an eating disorder and is doing the experiment so she can starve herself without interference, not for sheer enjoyment of eating sun rays. Maybe when she gets to 100 pounds she will quit.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The practice is called "Sungazing" and has been used for centuries. The documentary Channel aired a documentary about it called "Eat the Sun' a while back that was very interesting. It has a segment and interview with Wiley Brooks (of /www.breatharian.com fame) who deadlifted 1100 lbs, nearly ten times his own weight, on the show "That's Incredible!". Even though he seems like a crackpot on his website that doesn't diminish his amazing feat of strength which he attributed to sungazing and fasting If you are interested on how to 'Sungaze' the instructions on the process can be found here:
www.solarhealing.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This woman is going to make it roughly 6 weeks before she dies.

Long before that, however, her deepest and most base instincts are going to take over and she WILL eat.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
When it comes to Hindu Spiritualism I will just about believe any crazy thing someone tells me.
Those people, the monks, have bonafide super powers.

Anyone see the video where the guys sat in a 50° air conditioned room wrapped in wet sheets and see them literally steam dry those sheets?

Even more incredible when one notes that their metabolic processes slowed down by 60% while doing so. It flies in the face of known medical science. Under normal circumstances, the hotter your body gets the harder your metabolism works.

Again, I wouldn't write this off.

But this is ATS. If this woman does this, most here will say the entire study was a sham.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hitler ,Stalin, and thew Japs already ran this experiment...it doesn't work..apparently this woman doesn't read history

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
she won't last 5 days,

I tried the master cleanse diet once, nothing but lemon tea w/junk in it, was horrible, lasted around 8 days, plain water alone? I give it 3 days to be honest but 5 would be stretching it.

If it "works" it'll be because she's pulling a 'buddha boy' scam, eating during the night in the sleeping quarters where no one can see.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I bet a person could last quite awhile on beer alone.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've heard about this. Fruitarians also 'bask in the sun' for nutrients although they eat up to 30 pounds of fruit in one sitting.

Really bizarre.

The fact this lady has lost 20 pounds in only 30 days shows me she is starving- not thriving. It's not sustainable and I challenge anyone who claims to have done this for years to be sequestered in a scientific setting and monitored 24/7. Those who have done such a thing before always get caught sneaking in food or suffer from starvation.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The "suneating" garbage has been fully debunked on the forum before. (By yours truly). If it's a naive person who is seriously misdirected I applaud them for putting their money where their eyes mouth is. But I truly hope they see their error in judgement before anything serious happens to them.

If its another charlatan I just hope they are caught sneaking cheese danishes like the last group of suneaters were. Or was in sandwiches from the wife. I can remember. "But the sandwich was made of sun rays and light!"

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

There was one who led a group of people into doing this practice, although she herself was eating while a bunch of her followers died. Can't remember exactly but I think she ended up with criminal charges...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Woman is....

A. Blonde
B. Mormon
C. Both of the above.
D. A demonic alien in possession of a human female masquerading as something other than a robotic SIN-thetic lifeform.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join