It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Those who control the United States Government are up to something BIG"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Puts it all together. Every major event that has brought us to where we are today. Frightening in it's implication. Although the video makes the argument at the end that "We the People" can stop this, IMO, it is way too late. Orwell's 1984 doesn't even begin to describe what we are living through right now and what is to come.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I don't have time to watch the video, but I certainly will later.

IMO, it is way too late. Orwell's 1984 doesn't even begin to describe what we are living through right now and what is to come.

But I have seen enough, especially after the last two days, to agree with you completely.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Good video, S&F!

I agree with the statement that We The People are the only ones that can stop this and I also somewhat agree with your statement that it's way to late. It would take a full blown revolution on a scale far beyond the scope of the Civil War to put a stop to this now because we are way to divided as a nation.

Ive heard plenty of times that it's the Haves vs the Have Not's but I disagree, it's the Want's vs the Want Not's. We have reached the apex of any democracy where the voters have realized that they can vote in the representatives that will give them the most hand outs, and the government is more than happy to oblige the voters at the expense of liberty.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy"~Alexander Fraser Tytler

It is somewhat factual to say that what we are experiencing is not the result of an over ambitious government but is actually the result of a non ambitious voter base.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What is the source?

Just curious to know weather I should take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT:

After watching it through I see no new material.

Nothing to get bunched up about. It is the same things we hear on the news everyday that no one really minds. Everyone blathers and complains lost rights, and violations, and Control but don't worry no one is going to do a damn thing about it which is why the government continues to do the same things day in and day out..

It really is too bad that WE can't grow a pair and take OUT country back. I guess WE will just have to tolerate it, suck it up and drive on.

edit on 7-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
trying to figure out if I should be dancing throughout this wholething or if I should listen up.
They do need to lose the soundtrack, this isn't soultrain manifesto. Although ( runs to create a new reality tv show )

The brothers in the live broadcasts I watched were not arrested alive and well, I watched as 1st the nekkid guy was arrested, then told the older brother was run over by the younger an than that it was a shootout he died in and that the brother ran over the body as well as the younger brother shot or wounded and hid in a boat in a backyard of which was reported by owners of property.

Seems interested just not happy with soundtrack, like a new shockumentary.

All I can say is, that if ever a day comes that our country asks it's ABC agencies to take over it's public, that will be the day the crickets are heard, let's put it this way...

You have one agent, and behind every agent is a family of 10 or more county uncles and grandparents ( feel me?)
Why would they not want to protect them rather than carry out some dictatorlike order of imposed martial law, as a military veteran, I doubt you have understood that people don't blindly follow orders like in the movies. Much of who is in these ABC agencies are probably in back up militias...

If our government has backup plans, why wouldn't it's employees? So that if a day ever came, they wouldn't have to blindly do things they otherwise wouldn't. I am my own Master, So are you all. That part of this issue has always bothered me, American Citizens wouldn't hurt fellow citizens unless they were mentally unstable.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
After watching it through I see no new material.

Nothing to get bunched up about. It is the same things we hear on the news everyday that no one really minds. Everyone blathers and complains lost rights, and violations, and Control but don't worry no one is going to do a damn thing about it which is why the government continues to do the same things day in and day out..

^^ This.

Just looks like another COINTELPRO liberal neo-Marxist video to me. Anti-American, anti-capitalist, pro-terrorist.

The content is totally defeatist and doesn't offer any solutions. It seems deliberately intended to make people feel helpless so they won't resist the government. I don't trust the people who made this video and I don't trust their liberal agenda.
edit on 7/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Well I disagree and your ad hominem attacks do nothing to debunk the facts laid out in the video which are supported my many, many mainstream links and information that has been leaked and or reported by both mainstream and alternative sources.

On Edit: It does offer a solution at the end of the video. You obviously didn't make it that far.
edit on 7-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Ive heard plenty of times that it's the Haves vs the Have Not's but I disagree, it's the Want's vs the Want Not's. We have reached the apex of any democracy where the voters have realized that they can vote in the representatives that will give them the most hand outs, and the government is more than happy to oblige the voters at the expense of liberty.

What you describe is exactly why Europe is falling apart. The austerity programs were intended to help relieve the debt of governments, such as Greece, Spain, etc.

But now that the freebies are no longer there...the populace starts to protest and riot.

Go figure.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Good video, S&F!

I agree with the statement that We The People are the only ones that can stop this and I also somewhat agree with your statement that it's way to late. It would take a full blown revolution on a scale far beyond the scope of the Civil War to put a stop to this now because we are way to divided as a nation.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy"~Alexander Fraser Tytler

It is somewhat factual to say that what we are experiencing is not the result of an over ambitious government but is actually the result of a non ambitious voter base.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what you wrote, as there is a lot of truth in it . . . however, in the interest of denying ignorance and all . . .

The quote you used is a hoax/fraud/never happened.

While Alexander Fraser Tytler did exist he did not write that quote . . . or ever write a book with the title it is attributed to (The Rise and Fall of the Athenian Republic).

That was made up for one of those mass email blasts and attributed to an obscure author from the age of reason and change, as to give it credibility. A simple Google search of that author or quote would have set you free.
edit on 6/7/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'll come back and watch the film when I have more time . . . Decided against it now, as they open with a false quote from Hitler. I'll give the film makers the benefit of the doubt for now and assume that they just copied it off of someone's blog, as it is widely used on the internet on freedom blogs and facebook pages. However, you can look for yourself and see there is no citation to any of Hitler's speeches, books, articles, etc. to be found for this quote and it didn't appear until recently, just as the quote used in nucleardiver's post. No historical precedence.

I'll update my post (or post a new one) once I have time to watch straight through, but based on the poor choice (research) of their opening quote and taking a quick glance at their website . . . I'm not expecting much.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

30 years of public policy have made it impossible for a growing share of the American people to provide for their own BASIC needs, and you are upset that people "want?"

The answer is clearly to become a Navy Diver and help invade foreign countries behind dubious threat assessments rooted in realpolitik.

I wonder if DHS is hiring? I see a big boom in policing veterans soonish.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Sorry that is as far as you got. That was the first 15 seconds of the video. That's cool. Watch it if you want or don't. I didn't post it for people like you anyway. I don't understand why you posted a drive by if you didn't watch the video. Lots of other interesting posts today.

Good luck

edit on 7-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Not to mention that the TBTF banks and mega corps are the biggest benefactors of government welfare and largess. Not to mention their partnership with the government to circumvent the Constitution of the US. I just don't reply to people that are ignorant of the take down of the middle class beginning whole-heartedly with Raygun.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't know what part you are implying was made up, whether it is the quote itself or whether Alexander Fraser Tytler originally penned it. However it has been accepted as being Tytler's quote since 1951 when it was printed on page 12A of the Daily Oklahoman on December 9, 1951 in a letter to the editor. The author of that letter was named Elmer T. Peterson and he attributed the quote to Tytler.

"Two centuries ago, a somewhat obscure Scotsman named Tytler made this profound observation: 'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.' - Elmer T. Peterson"

The Library of Congress' Respectfully Quoted writes attributes the quote to "ALEXANDER FRASER TYTLER, LORD WOODHOUSELEE. Unverified." and as such most people including scholars and academics consider Tytler to be the contributing author.

John E. Swearingen used the first part of this quote in a speech in 1961 saying: "In a quotation attributed to the French author, Alexis de Tocqueville, the dangers of loose fiscal policy were stated as follows: 'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.'"

Regardless of the original author the point is still the same, I just choose to go with Tytler since the Library of Congress attributes the quote to him. I guess I do so for the same reason I use the Dewey Decimal System when looking in a card catalog.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It had me up until it showed the two security staff at Boston and the COMPLETELY DEBUNKED photo making out that one of them had lost his bag.
This has been debunked over and over and over and over again!

All credibility in the maker of that video is shot to hell.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Bull. To some it hasn't been debunked. Watch the whole thing and then comment. I am a huge news junkie. I don't subscribe to that theory but there are many that do. Including the family of the Tsarnev brothers.

I double dare you to debunk any of the other stuff. Double dog dare you.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Nucleardiver

30 years of public policy have made it impossible for a growing share of the American people to provide for their own BASIC needs, and you are upset that people "want?"

The answer is clearly to become a Navy Diver and help invade foreign countries behind dubious threat assessments rooted in realpolitik.

I wonder if DHS is hiring? I see a big boom in policing veterans soonish.

I never said that I am upset that people "want".....My god what has happened to the member base in ATS in the 9 months I was gone?
I don't know where you got any of that from my post but maybe you could loan me that Cap'n Crunch secret decoder ring you used to decipher that.

I don't agree with the people that want a hand out from government because that money they hand out does not come from government, it comes from the people that work and have their money taken by the government by threat of imprisonment and death if they don't comply, AKA Taxes.

I am all for wanting, I want things too, but I don't look for government to give it to me. Instead I joined the Navy, learned a good skill, took 2 bullets and an IED blast that resulted in the loss of an eye and a bum leg "Invading foreign nations" came back home, got a good job when I recovered from my injuries and bust my a$$ everyday 12-16 hrs a day to get what I want. I don't even use my VA medical benefits because I don't feel the taxpayers owe me a single penny.

My problem is that there are way too many people in this nation that think they are guaranteed happiness or have a right to have happiness given to them. Well they don't, the Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness only the pursuit of happiness and it is the responsibility of the individual to pursue it. If they can't create their happiness on their own then too bad, go back to school, work more hours, eliminate some un-needed expenses, what ever but don't look to the taxpayers to hand out your happiness on a silver platter and send the bill to the taxpayer. The only exception to this are those with disabilities and I don't mean disabled because they suffer caffeine withdrawals or are addicted to drugs, I mean people that physically can't work.

It is not impossible to provide for your basic needs unless you are disabled. The problem is that people think internet, cable, cigarettes, going out to eat, etc are basic needs well they are not. Food and housing are basic needs.

I have 3 children from my first wife and my wife has 2 so between the 2 of us we raise 5 kids, all teenagers but one that's 6 years old. My ex wife pays no support due to terminal illness and hasn't in over a year and my wifes ex is a dead beat that refuses to pay. We didn't run down to the local government office and try to get a hand out, instead we grow a garden, we have chickens and cows, we can and smoke foods for storage, we cut back a lot of things so we can survive.

I drive a 1984 chevy truck that cost $400 and my wife drives a 1996 minvan that we paid $1200 for, we don't have cable TV and instead rely on the internet to watch the news and our TV shows and there are plenty of times that I spend my weekends turning wrenches mechanicing on the surrounding farmers tractors and combines. Believe me I would much rather spend my Saturdays and Sundays sitting around relaxing after working 75+ hours a week but I realize that the only way I am going to ever catch up to that happiness I am pursuing is to work hard, sacrifice, and make my own happiness.

We make it just fine and have money put away for emergencies and retirement not because we are rich, not because we take the income redistribution that the government hands out, but because we budget and live within our means.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Those in "control" hardly care about the U.S., when their minds are set on global domination. We don't stand a chance against them because people are afraid to lose their lives. I'm not talking physical life. I'm talking: dead end job, fancy house and car; facebook, i-pods, fast food, television and debt. That's the reality!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Guess they forgot how We The People treated the king of England last time.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't know what part you are implying was made up, whether it is the quote itself or whether Alexander Fraser Tytler originally penned it. However it has been accepted as being Tytler's quote since 1951 when it was printed on page 12A of the Daily Oklahoman on December 9, 1951 in a letter to the editor. The author of that letter was named Elmer T. Peterson and he attributed the quote to Tytler.

"Two centuries ago, a somewhat obscure Scotsman named Tytler made this profound observation: 'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.' - Elmer T. Peterson"

The Library of Congress' Respectfully Quoted writes attributes the quote to "ALEXANDER FRASER TYTLER, LORD WOODHOUSELEE. Unverified." and as such most people including scholars and academics consider Tytler to be the contributing author.

John E. Swearingen used the first part of this quote in a speech in 1961 saying: "In a quotation attributed to the French author, Alexis de Tocqueville, the dangers of loose fiscal policy were stated as follows: 'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.'"

Regardless of the original author the point is still the same, I just choose to go with Tytler since the Library of Congress attributes the quote to him. I guess I do so for the same reason I use the Dewey Decimal System when looking in a card catalog.

Yes . . . it was used in an article in the Daily Oklahoman . . . but never before that. Again, a simple search would have set you free. The quote is not Tytler's, nor did he ever write a book called The Rise and Fall of the Athenian Republic, where the quote supposedly comes from.

Snopes

With regard to the first quoted paragraph, the Library of Congress' Respectfully Quoted writes, "Attributed to ALEXANDER FRASER TYTLER, LORD WOODHOUSELEE. Unverified." The quote, however, appears in no published work of Tytler's. And with regard to the second, the same book says "Author unknown. Attributed to Benjamin Disraeli. Unverified."

Unverified . . . . which means there is no historical precedent before the 1951 letter to editor. Of course, after it was used by many a politician . . . Reagan being one of them.

The Truth About Tytler

And all Respectfully Quoted is, is a catalog of attributions for quotes requested from the congressional research dept by members of Congress. Their attribution comes from the Daily Oklahoman . . . as they cannot find one from Tytler's own writings, it must also be noted to be "unverified".

I think you are mistaken about your scholar's comment . . . and I am saying that while the quote holds some truth to it. Tytler did not pen that quote, nor write any book called The Rise and Fall of the Athenian Republic.

Respectfully Quoted online
edit on 6/7/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join