It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord our God Omnipotent reigns!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Angle

So where are all those billions of Christians who have already died at? Are they just floating around somewhere waiting for the new Earth to come?

Yep

Do you listen to yourself? If you plan on living on new Earth for eternity, then how is that at all different from living in heaven for eternity?

Well, it's different due the fact.. it'll be on EARTH

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

But you believe your life is permanent and believe because you want to keep it right?

Luke 17
33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

Uh oh, looks like you'll end up losing your life after all!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

But you believe your life is permanent and believe because you want to keep it right?

Luke 17
33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Luke 17

My answer to your first question would be: no.
I said that my human life is not permanent, so I do not try to preserve it in the way that humans live.

To look at my life from a human point of view is saddening: I do not party with my friends, I do not drink or enjoy food like anyone else. I do not have a high paying job or even a vehicle for that matter. People think I should be embarrassed of myself but I am not, I am right where the good Lord wants me.

I lost my life for the Lord, all I have is faith that tells me that I will be brought to life again by Him.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You haven't lost your life though. You are still alive, yes? Sounds like to me you are just saying that to conform to what Jesus said.

If you try keep this life, these memories, then you will lose life. The idea of being in heaven for eternity means you are trying to keep your life.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Sounds like to me you are just saying that to conform to what Jesus said. "

No, that's how I always understood it. It is no longer my life, it is Jesus' life, I am His. I choose to read the bible for the Spirit, not for the letter, otherwise my soul is not fed.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Sounds kind of like selling your soul to the devil to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I am more like a child who chooses to be in the protection of his family, rather than allow someone unfamiliar to raise me.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Are you unfamiliar with yourself? Because only you can save yourself. When was the last time Jesus stopped a drunk driver from wrecking? Or better yet, when was the last time he stopped that person from drinking at all?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He stopped me from drinking last night. Shall I explain the circumstances?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What about that Christian guy/girl who died from drinking and driving? Or who was the casualty of a drunk driver?

What about the thousands who die every year from drunk driving? Or will you just ignore them?

I find it very convenient that Jesus stopped you from drinking last night, right before I asked this question.
edit on 8-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"maktub".

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It is written that Jesus will not stop people from dying in drunk driving accidents? Even if they are just stander-by's?

I don't know where that is written, could you point me to it?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

People make their own decisions and what happens happens. It is not for me to judge if someone should or should not die. I am not one to judge God for doing what He does. God can create a creature so perfect as to think that it can judge its creator, how perfect God must be.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Now I am an atheist, I do not believe in one all powerful being, I come from a science background; but I have a good friend at work and he is a devout christian, he accepts my beliefs and I accept his, we have many good discussions on religion and science and both enjoy talking from each others point of view.

I learn new things about religion from him and he learns from me, I believe there is more than space and time etc but i just can't bring myself to believe there is one person out there who made all this, I have to ask myself if that is true then where did He come from, who made Him, did He come from some sort of big bang before our big bang or did someone higher up create Him to create us.

Then when I start thinking like that it starts getting very deep, maybe He is our god but maybe he has a boss, some sort of higher god, now I am thinking too deep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join