It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch Ontario has some new Sasquatch vocals here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Heh, havent seen the doco that clip came from in ages. Was a really good doco to boot, since it was the first time I had ever heard of the Sierra sounds...

They used to creep me out big time... oddly not so much any more.

edit on 11-9-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge
you're not missing anything with the op video. it really did sound like a man 'aping' around.
just look at some of the comments...

Science by trollocracy. Works for me.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm not all that bothered that a Sasquatch vocalization might sound a lot like a human being. If you go along with the notion that they're an upright primate, then the position of the neck and skull would likely allow a configuration of vocal cords very similar to that of a human being. So, yeah, they're going to sound "fake." That doesn't mean they are.

Hopefully they can some day afford a set of automatic trail cams and be able to link the vocals up with some visuals.

I agree with the comment that if it was me and I was hearing that stuff outside my tent I would come pretty close to crapping myself. I've had bears poking around outside a tent I was in and it was one of the most frightening things I've ever experienced, not knowing what a big, wild, unpredictable animal might do.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
After having listened to a few more of these, including the 1972 Morehead / Barry recording, and while many of them still sound to me like people, they also have a tendency to do something not many people are all that good at, which is inhaling across their vocal cords rather than exhaling. It's what Maria Carey and Minnie Ripperton before her used to do to get those high, multi-octave squeals and what can sound like "whistles." I try it and I just end up coughing.

It's also something you can hear larger apes do; vocalize by drawing air both ways across their vocal cords.

Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
After having listened to a few more of these, including the 1972 Morehead / Barry recording, and while many of them still sound to me like people, they also have a tendency to do something not many people are all that good at, which is inhaling across their vocal cords rather than exhaling. It's what Maria Carey and Minnie Ripperton before her used to do to get those high, multi-octave squeals and what can sound like "whistles." I try it and I just end up coughing.

It's also something you can hear larger apes do; vocalize by drawing air both ways across their vocal cords.

Just an observation.

I do know what you're talking about, but unfortunately anyone that's received vocal lessons can learn it, or even just playing around and doing it yourself over a few weeks it becomes routine. Your vocal chords stretch and become accustomed to it, and some can do it naturally already regardless (same concept as circular breathing when playing woodwind type instruments). The difference here is that Mariah and Minnie can sound great while doing it, but anyone can do it with just grunts and yells without trying to stay in tune.

The problem I'm having with it is that this isn't like that "Samurai-talk" at all. Whether real or hoax, that was intelligent language and communication. This is just grunts, yells, and slurs. It becomes even more apparent when whatever it is "tries" fleetingly to do some speech, it just sounds awful and like a drunk someone mentioned. Just doesn't fit.

If anyone wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and claim it's real, you'd have to concede it's a juvenile due to sheer lack of depth and resonance in the lungs/diaphragm. A very small juvenile at that. Just sounds like a guy, not gutteral or powerful whatsoever as in other examples. Also I say a juvenile due to it's inability to "speak" persay. As I said, just yells and slurring, with the occasional painfully obvious attempt to form "words".

Anyway just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join