It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD - The Slave Massa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Finished watching Django Unchained and felt inspired.

WARNING: This one's gonna cause some controversy, then again, this world needs a thorough mediation and discussion on ethics and religion.

God Loves Candie

Feel free to spread this image like wildfire!

Much LOVE!
edit on 7-6-2013 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 2x Helix

Links broken...just copy and paste the address and I will imbed it for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No prob, just fixed. Thank you for the offer!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I agree btw....word of god? douchebag god then.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I find it trivial both users have money themed avatars. To be honest the bible to me is a book written by men. In other words it wasn't divinely inspired. The men of the past believe this to be the word of god and used to publish their laws and customs. I bet they never could imagine how diverse people around the world would believe in different parts of their words.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Monkey....I know a typo.

So what I like Monkeys, Apes, Gibbons, Lemurs etc they are our evolutionary brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No offense. I like monkeys too. I was just pointing it out.
Man I have a bad headache.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Do not learn. Trust whatever GOD tells you is true, even if it is proven to be wrong:

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Is this what you would consider a friendship to be? Obeying a person's every command:

John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

People are problem Christians because they want to go to "heaven" and think they are escaping "hell". It is a fear-based religion, and it is a religion which has NOTHING to do with free-will. It is all about CONTROL.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A very interesting question you ask regarding this topic.

To understand this passage, one must understand a couple of things. First, slavery was not a system setup or ordained by God. This is a system of man which was established before, during, and after the creation of Isreal. In fact, the people of Isreal were slaves to the Pharoh in Egypt for over 400 years. Slavery, as a system, was not what we know of from American history. Slaves (servants) were sometimes people who were prisoners of war, sold themselves to pay a debt, or was an alternative to prison to escape a life of crime. Another thing to consider is the maximum time a person would be a slave in Isreal was six years. At which time they were freed or would voluntarily remain with the master and family. If freed, the master was obligated by law to provide provisions to the former slave to begin their life of freedom. So, slavery was not a system created by God, but one which God worked with, created by fallen man.

26 And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake. 27 And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake. (Exodus 21:26-27)

If a master perminmently injured a slave, (according to the law of Isreal) he would have to free the slave.

14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. (Deut. 5:14)

The slave was required to observe the sabbath.

Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee: He shall dwell with thee, even among you, in that. (Deut. 23:15-16)

According to the law, an escaped slave was to be given asylm.

The nation of Israel even had state slaves, similar to civil service employees: Overall the idea of slavery from the Bible does not equate to what is known as abject slavery from the 1600's-1800’s or what is taking place today. The abuses came from the evil hearts of men, which had nothing to do with the laws God gave Israel to abide under as a theocracy:

I'm not saying that slavery was appropriate (according to modern thought), I am saying that there were laws given to the Isrealites in relation to treatment of slaves.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As a follow up.

Sense slavery was a man made concept, which system is more humane? That of the Egyptians and the Americas, or that of Isreal?

If you were a prisoner of war, would execution be preferred over six years as a slave?

If you were faced with a debt which was impossible to repay, or six years as a slave?

Would you prefer prison to six years as a slave?

God does not condone slavery just as He does not condone divorce, murder, or theft. Each of those are acts committed by man on man. We must look into our hearts and see why we treat our fellow man the way we do. In the OT God tells us to not kill, honor our parents, and don't steal, but do we listen? No. In the NT, God tells us to love our neighbors and love our enemies. Do we listen? No. We blame God because we can't control our own actions. We are all under sin, but when given a way out, we say "No, God is just trying to control us.", when what is really happening, we are refusing God's gift of salvation. We refuse to see the ugliness of our own actions. We think that we should do what we want without facing consequences. God is not forcing us to accept salvation, we have to accept it in our own hearts. It's not God who seperates us from him, but the fallen cherub and our own choices which does. Until we face that, we will continue to blame God for what we do.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Do not learn. Trust whatever GOD tells you is true, even if it is proven to be wrong:

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Is this what you would consider a friendship to be? Obeying a person's every command:

John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

People are problem Christians because they want to go to "heaven" and think they are escaping "hell". It is a fear-based religion, and it is a religion which has NOTHING to do with free-will. It is all about CONTROL.

I wasn't going to respond to your post as it is kind of off topic, but sense you put it out there, I will.

There are two fundimental ideas which are the basis for all sin in the world. These ideas are the basis for lying, fear, greed, murder, theft, sexual transgressions. They are insecurity and inferiority.

Insecurity: This is not trusting that God will provide for one's own needs. That God can not possibly give me what I need and I must navigate life on my own. People who feel this way are disconnected. They seek the love they have always wanted but can not quite reach it. Some look to material objects, others though alcohol, drugs, or sex to find comfort. They are always looking for something to fill the hole in their lives which makes them feel incomplete.

Inferiority: This is when people try to seek a purpose in their lives, but it is never enough to satisfy them. They seek attention through positive and negative social interations, but are still wanting more. Some will even think that they are not worthy of love. They are the people who define themselves by what they do, and not who they are. They look at God as an advasary because they want something beyond themselves to blame for their misfortunes. These people could be in a crowed room and still feel isolated.

These are both deceptions placed upon us (because we all may have felt like this from time to time) by the fallen cherub to deny us a fulfilling relationship with God. God is big enough to provide for us what we need and give us the comfort we crave. But, that is our choice. God does not force himself on us. It is a personal choice we must make. It is through him we are sanctified (saved and give love and eternal life) and justified (become regenerated as a new creation).

I do agree with you that religion, which is man made, has been a tool for many evil persons. This is a fallen world, anyone can see that. It is a broken creation, but some parts of it is still beutiful as an echo of what it should have been. Following Jesus is not based on fear and control. It is a choice we are all allowed to make. It is not forced on us by God. Remeber, if you see a man preach about condemning others, death and Hell, know that he is as much of a sinner as the rest of us. I know that not all of us will live with God for eternity, He wants us to. If one does not love God, would it be fair to be with someone you don't love forever. In that case, the only alternative to being one with God is to be seperate from God. It is as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You are aware that was 3500 years ago? Different times back then, different culture. Back then every nation owned slaves. It's a tad asinine to judge the world as it was 3500 years ago by the standards of today. Back then it was kill or be killed and if you allowed your enemy to survive they'd come back and kill you in your sleep. But ofcourse you don't really care, you're just whoring for stars.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by boymonkey74

You are aware that was 3500 years ago? Different times back then, different culture. Back then every nation owned slaves. It's a tad asinine to judge the world as it was 3500 years ago by the standards of today. Back then it was kill or be killed and if you allowed your enemy to survive they'd come back and kill you in your sleep. But ofcourse you don't really care, you're just whoring for stars.

If 3,500 years are long enough to mute the ugliness out of this and to dismiss it on grounds that it is no longer "relevant" in our modern culture then... wouldn't you have to say the same about the entire message of the bible?

You can't have it both ways. Either it is relevant or it is not. If the condoning of slavery is soooo old that it is to be ignored then the rest should be as well. Gay marriage, for example. Why is that considered gold in the bible but not the "Slave Handling For The Lord 101"? In 20 years when the bible's brand of bigotry and hate is no longer tolerated, the church will be saying the same exact thing about gay marriage. They will say "That was written thousands of years ago! Nobody takes that seriously anymore!" Never mind the fact that people just recently and still do take it seriously.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

We have laws that are similar today. If two men get into a fight and they are rather in a mutual engagement and neither party dies, both are considered equally guilty. However, if a man dies then the living man may be charged with involuntary manslaughter. Does the law condone manslaughter or the fight, or does the law simply acknowledge that it happens? Does the law against beating a slave to death condone beating the slave, or even owning a slave, or is it simply acknowledging that it happens?

Jesus said that Divorce was granted to the Israelites because their hearts were hard. Maybe too the laws of slavery were put into place until man was ready to understand his error against love. Just as divorce is against love slavery is against love.

God did not create divorce or slavery, he merely gave men free will and we did the rest. If anyone is to blame it is the people who lived thousands of years ago for believing in and pursuing things that were contrary to love.

If God thought it best to gradually, through the Levitcal Code, open our eyes to a better way than I will leave it to him to do what is best.

How is requiring slaves to be freed every 7 years against anything? We are not this kind today. We are a slave to dept if not to anyone in particular.

Every major purchase we buy causes us dept. To buy a house most must take a 30 year loan of which it will be virtually impossible to pay off any quicker than 30 years. The interest is all front loaded to ensure that only the bank prospers and you become a slave to your house payment for 30 years.

I wish all debt was eliminated and all slaves freed from such dept every 7 years. The maximum amount of time anyone could take to buy anything according to God's law would be based on these 7 years. Ensuring that we would return to a dept free state every 7 years.

The entire nation was required to go back to "0" dept every 7 years. Our current dept is around 17 trillion. Currently we pay 3 trillion dollars in interest each year to the richest people in the world simply because they control the money and lending. Sure would be nice to reset to 0 every 7 years then when we made a poor election choice the negative financial impact to the country would only last 7 years. At the current rate Obama looks like he is trying to make sure this nation will be in dept for all eternity.

Essentially the richest of rich have formed a new type of slavery called dept. If we would have followed the laws in the bible we would be free from this new dept slavery.

What would you rather have a system of dept that ensures the only freedom you have is "Where" you work but essentially ensures that you "Must" work making you a "Slave" to work. The only difference is today you get to choose who your "Corporate Master" is and we have laws to better protect you from beatings. Today you simply get fired when you don't perform your work. But since you are a "Slave" to dept you still have to find a new "Corporate Master".

You would think that we would have learned that all forms of slavery (including dept) are against love. In 2000 years we created slavery and thought it acceptable to kill such slaves. The last 4000 years we have progressed from killing slaves to firing them. But we have not eliminated what causes slavery, greed and dept. As long as we allow greed and dept we will never eliminate slavery.

If we were truly evolved would we not eliminate greed and dept, thus eliminating the root cause of slavery, thus eliminating slavery? You are so worried about the law when we should be worried about how to love one another, so we can eliminate what causes slavery.

edit on 7-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Slavery may have been a man made concept, but god seems to have condoned it. He even agreed that slaves were "property" of their masters.

If god wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah because of all the evil things they did, he could have done the same to cities who practiced slavery if he thought it was evil. Apparently he didn't think it was, as this verse implies.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Slavery may have been a man made concept, but god seems to have condoned it. He even agreed that slaves were "property" of their masters.

If god wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah because of all the evil things they did, he could have done the same to cities who practiced slavery if he thought it was evil. Apparently he didn't think it was, as this verse implies.

The verse implies nothing that you claim, you simply want to read it that way.

It implies only that men thought of slaves as thier property and at times beat them to death. This is the only thing the law implies. For if thier were no slaves being beat to death the law would not have been necessary.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Then why did god say that they were the property? You're making excuses and are reading it the way YOU want to read it. God could have just as easily have said "slavery is evil, don't do it", but he didn't. Why is that?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus even healed slaves so they can continue their slave work. He didn't preach against slavery, and he even said that if you were not a slave of the world then you would be his slave (1 Corinthians 7:22).

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Paul wrote Corinthians, not Jesus, but I do see your point.

Here's another passage that condones slavery:

Colossians 3
22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

And that verse contradicts this one:

Matthew 23
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by sacgamer25

Then why did god say that they were the property? You're making excuses and are reading it the way YOU want to read it. God could have just as easily have said "slavery is evil, don't do it", but he didn't. Why is that?

God gave us free will. We chose to have slaves.

Slavery - Slavery is a system under which people are treated as property to be bought and sold
en.wikipedia.org...

By man's definition a slave is property. Did God also provide the definition to the word?

The answer is again no. So again God is acknowledging that man has slaves. And that by man's definition slaves are property. And that although you consider them your property it is not ok with God if you kill them.

People became slaves, according to scirpture, for two main reasons back then. War and Debt.

In 1600-1900 Slaves were bought and sold for Greed alone.

So God both commanded that slaves not be killed and be freed after 7 years, unless of course the slave choose to stay living with his master. Then he could by his own choice be free or continue to slave/work for his master for life.

I would imagine choosing to be a slave for life would be like sticking with a company for life because you like the retirement benefits. If you are being treated well, working alongside your master, you may simply choose a simple life of slavery, leaving all the difficult decisions to your loving master. Or you may desire your freedom to become your own master.

God provided the way for a slave to become free and protected them from being killed.

Would you please stop insinuating that God condones slavery because he acknowledges it in his law? You simply have no idea what the Old Testament law says, nor do you understand its purpose. It doesn't say what you think, and its purpose is greater than your understanding.

edit on 7-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join