It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Trust With Your Life, Politicians or People?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It wasn’t all that long ago that the government knew they were employed by the average person. Listening to the needs of the many and helping to bring balance and justice for all. There was and is always a certain type of person who will take advantage of the system at any cost, just as long that it doesn’t cost them. From politicians to voters the percentage of people who care about others has changed drastically over the last 30 years. All the values that created a “We the People...” are gone and replaced with “What about me...” Everything is backwards including the government.

Who do you trust with your life, a police car that has printed on it “To Protect and To Serve” or “To Enforce the Law”? Who do you trust with your life, a government who’s job is to protect you and your way of life or one that dictates what your way of life should be at penalty of law and imprisonment? What we were able to trust that served us is now wanting us to serve it. From freedom to slave, from protection to endangerment. Who do you trust with your life?

When society lived by the golden rule, “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”, both care and respect for each other was the glue that held “Us” together. We could trust our life with a perfect stranger who’s honor and values were your own. Try that today. We hear about it all the time. Videos of someone getting beaten by a group of thugs while bystanders walk by laughing. A victim of a mugging passed out in the subway bleeding with people walking around them not wanting to get involved. No care for others, no glue.

People have changed enough to go along with those who abuse a system originally designed to serve all and who turned it around to serve themselves and their agenda. It only took 30 years to develop a well trained new society of non-thinkers who only wait for someone else to tell them what to do. When it went from “We the People...” to “What about me...” they were able to build everyone a prison cell without any walls, bars or windows. We are now told what to think, what to feel, what to make important, what not to say and what to believe in. If you don’t follow the new doctrine you are an advisory which makes your life a negative value to society. Are they not now gathering such information through the internet, cell phones, e-mails and more without our knowledge or consent? Who than can you trust with your life? What side of the list will you be counted?

It’s not politics and opinions that matter but whether or not we live in a society where people respect who you are and willing to save your life in the process. It was this way for thousands of years and humanity made it this far because of it. Simple respect for life, others and having honor. It was the common man that survived the corrupt men and rulers over the ages. With everything in reverse, what once brought life and growth will now bring decay and death. Is this the end of mankind because of breaking one rule? The Golden Rule? We are seeing it every day and have no one left in this world that we can trust with our lives. Families are turning on each other having no glue, no golden rule. Who is left to trust but one’s self and even that can be a big mistake if you believe the 5 o’clock news.

I hope a giant solar flare fries everything in the world electrical and gives mankind a reboot, a last chance to treat each other right before we destroy ourselves trying to be right using technology in the process.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Avoiceinthewilderness

Dear Avoiceinthewilderness,

It’s not politics and opinions that matter but whether or not we live in a society where people respect who you are and willing to save your life in the process. It was this way for thousands of years and humanity made it this far because of it. Simple respect for life, others and having honor. It was the common man that survived the corrupt men and rulers over the ages. With everything in reverse, what once brought life and growth will now bring decay and death. Is this the end of mankind because of breaking one rule? The Golden Rule? We are seeing it every day and have no one left in this world that we can trust with our lives. Families are turning on each other having no glue, no golden rule. Who is left to trust but one’s self and even that can be a big mistake if you believe the 5 o’clock news. I hope a giant solar flare fries everything in the world electrical and gives mankind a reboot, a last chance to treat each other right before we destroy ourselves trying to be right using technology in the process.

I have to disagree, we have always faced the same challenges. I recommend that you read, "The Peloponnesian Wars" by Thucydides. Everyone is not evil and many people who do evil learn to be better. Nothing has changed in that respect. We still choose who we are and some people choose to give and some people choose to take and even those who choose to take sometimes learn that it is better to give. Do not lose hope for humanity, there will always be givers until there are only takers and then they will learn too.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I wish I shared your optimism. I have lived almost 60 years on this planet and have seen humanity going down a hill that didn’t exist before now. Technology has created a condition for mass extinction that never before existed. Reading books doesn’t teach as much as observation and enough time for comparison. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness

I wish I shared your optimism. I have lived almost 60 years on this planet and have seen humanity going down a hill that didn’t exist before now. Technology has created a condition for mass extinction that never before existed. Reading books doesn’t teach as much as observation and enough time for comparison. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?

I am in my mid 50s and have seen the same history. Technology has created new challenges to our survival, I agree with that. Our choices are still ours. The challenges have not changed, people a thousand years ago live in tribes and the threat to their existence, their family, the people they loved and understood were the same. The people who came to the "New World" could have asked or taken and they chose to take. Nothing has changed. We can take or give, we can negotiate or force, we can work together or see what advantage we can get over others. What has changed? Whether we fight over water or oil, there is no difference. Our morality is based on how we fight, argue, disagree, determine or work out, not what we are fighting over.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you are saying. I don't agree that evil is ignorance and when shown the right way it will be accepted. I have met real evil people that were very smart and love being evil. I have had guns pointed at me by these type of people. I have talked to demons in a person and that person just picked up on the sentence they left off at without even knowing what came through them in between. I don't believe in reincarnation, I believe we get one shot at choosing the path that leads home. Some like children and those who can't make choices because of disabilities get a free pass.

I had a severed aorta in a car wreck over 30 years ago and was studied by 2 universities for not being dead and throwing science out the window. I had a white light experience touching home and having the choice to come back and complete the job. We are God kids and don't really know who we are. It is a choice and not something you grow into life after life. The amount of life in heaven is a desert full of grains of sand while the life in this world is but one grain. One must sacrifice the grain to get to the desert. It is a choice to become part of something greater than one's self. To submit to a loving God we call our eternal parent.

We are not God through a collective. God has an individual personality and presence. So do we in heaven and our uniqueness makes us all priceless and equal in value. No one deserves what we become in heaven, you can't earn it or work your way towards it life after life. It is too big and too much for words or any actions done in this world that can get you there. Nothing we can do or say is good enough to deserve what is offered. It is a heritage one accepts or denies. Not belonging to one's self but rather belonging to God. Choosing to be part of a heavenly family instead of choosing to be one's own God.

I say this with love and hope to see you in heaven one day.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Avoiceinthewilderness

I thought you said that very well, I have had my own NDE and see things similar. I don't believe evil is ignorance though, I see all of it as a choice. I look forward to meeting you on the other side when we return. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join