It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways that the governments are overcoming the regulations on GM crops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
An insidious and underhand way that the governments are overcoming the regulations on GM. Also they have sent letters to Monsanto and Dow Chemicals actually telling them of pathways through the regulations which can be used.
See here for the pdf

GM Foods Grow Up
With help from robots and new genetic tricks, farmers could feed the planet while dodging the controversy
By Samuel K. Moore, Eliza Strickland 30May13

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I don't see the problem with genetically modifying food. Every argument against it as akin to science-hating religious fervor and fact-deficient diatribe.

If there are legal ways to get around existing policy, then Monsanto and everyone else has as much right to exploit that as any other industry. Is it ethical? That's another discussion.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by qmantoo

I don't see the problem with genetically modifying food. Every argument against it as akin to science-hating religious fervor and fact-deficient diatribe.

If there are legal ways to get around existing policy, then Monsanto and everyone else has as much right to exploit that as any other industry. Is it ethical? That's another discussion.

If you don't have a problem with it that means you don't know enough about it. Your body doesn't even know what the stuff is, and it contains almost no nutrients. Keep digging you will change your mind. It causes cancer and tumors too, but eat up!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Well I certainly won't be "reading up" using the sources YOU'VE learned from. "Almost no nutrients"? Altering a berry's genetic structure to be more resilient to colder climates removes vitamins? News to me. Can you show me scientifically how that works?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

When you see animals refusing to eat something they'd normally eat? It's nature's way of saying:

Animals don't care about politics and they don't care about opinions. They just want food that is food.

Like I've said before...when they play God with food, they invite the Devil to the dinner table. He seems to make himself right at home too.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by qmantoo

I don't have a problem with genetically modified food either. Most every organism is genetically modified to some point.

I have a problem with trans-species (transgenic) modified organisms, with little to no long term studies published on the effects of ingestion - and the ecological effects of the transgenic organisms, and their implications to life around them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

reply to post by samlf3rd

Well I certainly won't be "reading up" using the sources YOU'VE learned from. "Almost no nutrients"? Altering a berry's genetic structure to be more resilient to colder climates removes vitamins? News to me. Can you show me scientifically how that works?

its more than just that they are making food with pesticides in so do you not see the danger in that either

new topics

top topics

join