It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan gas 2nd highest in the nation...why????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Southwest Mi $4.29 then down to $4.09 then back to $4.25. It's all tax deductable so I don't really care

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

How much of Canadian gas prices are for tax.....versus how much for the actual gas?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

How much of Canadian gas prices are for tax.....versus how much for the actual gas?

I'm not entirely sure. I do know that our government is basically giving away the province's natural resources to the oil companies. We have some of the lowest royalty rates in the world for natural resources. I don't know what sort of hidden taxes there are on gasoline, but according to this, which is about a year old, the taxes are quite substantial, somewhere around 31%, as of Feb. 2012.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That's nice of them to say that, . But, .. . didn't they say that about 2 months ago.

If the refineries are so damn broke D**K, then why don't they build NEW refineries? It is the same thing I say Every time they post $90 Billion Dollars in profits Every Quarter.

Hopefully that was a rhetorical question. Why build more refining capacity when all it will do is lower prices? Its a game that's been rigged from the start. The federal govt wont step in im,they are.in bed with the oil companies. Even if someone managed to build a refinery, the oil pcompanies wouldnt sell them the oil.....its been decades since we have added new refineries, evan though demand is there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join