It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole Gay/Lesbian issue just took a step in the wrong direction

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
how about an environment where the parents are forcing them to be straight, do they end up gay out if rebellion?

or an environment where they are loving and accepting, and they still end up gay?

or brothers/sister who grow up in the same environment, one is gay one isn't,

what is the 'Gay Environment'?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

I hope your child doesn't read your post. Or have you told them that you think they may have a psychological disorder and can possibly be "treated"?

Perhaps we should reconsider allowing straight people to raise kids, since they seem to be turning out gay kids by the thousands...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

I hope your child doesn't read your post. Or have you told them that you think they may have a psychological disorder and can possibly be "treated"?

Perhaps we should reconsider allowing straight people to raise kids, since they seem to be turning out gay kids by the thousands...

In our family we have open and honest discussion about everything.

I did not come to this conclusion lightly, every part of me screams that the
conclusion I have reached is morally wrong and I hope it is disproved.
Your emotional response is exactly what I was talking about in regards to
the fear scientists must hold in regards to this.

My child seems to be very happy, so even if it was found that it could be treated,
it would not matter. Why would you treat something that makes you happy ?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
how about an environment where the parents are forcing them to be straight, do they end up gay out if rebellion?

or an environment where they are loving and accepting, and they still end up gay?

or brothers/sister who grow up in the same environment, one is gay one isn't,

what is the 'Gay Environment'?

The only gay environment I can think of would be a group of same sex people becoming aroused by each other.

But, aren't we all deviant in one way or another? It was found that "BBW" was one of the most searched terms on Google. Why? I mean, isn't the symbol of beauty a thin waif of a woman? If you date a bigger woman, you feel the social pressures. Trust me, i am one who prefers those bigger women. And spent the better part of a decade learning to ignore social pressures for personal happiness. I believe, judging by the volume of Fertility Goddess figures found all over the world, the rubenesque is ingrained in our psyche as a symbol of beauty, even if social flux tries to state otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Do people really need to broadcast their personal lives, all over the world? Live your life, the way you see fit, and stop forcing your ideas on everyone else. What goes on in your house, is none of our business. Keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Do people really need to broadcast their personal lives, all over the world? Live your life, the way you see fit, and stop forcing your ideas on everyone else. What goes on in your house, is none of our business. Keep it that way.

Don't go outside on a date with the opposite sex, don't hold hands with the opposite sex, don't flirt with the opposite sex, take any commercials that feature different sexes in a 'Flirtatious manner* off the air, no movies with opposite sex interactions,

lets be fair correct?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If you date a bigger woman, you feel the social pressures. Trust me, i am one who prefers those bigger women. And spent the better part of a decade learning to ignore social pressures for personal happiness.

I wish I could say I feel your pain but I dont.
Big woman have always "done it" for me and I never did give a **** about what society thinks.

Skinny women are insane,needy and generally emotional wrecks in my experience,
society can keep them.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Don't go outside on a date with the opposite sex, don't hold hands with the opposite sex, don't flirt with the opposite sex, take any commercials that feature different sexes in a 'Flirtatious manner* off the air, no movies with opposite sex interactions,

lets be fair correct?

I really like this answer/post.
It cuts through layers of social bull and gets straight to the point.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

"...almost starting..."? No, this has already started. Did you miss the stories about "parents" pushing to get sex change operations for their children? Kids too young to even have urges?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join