It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole Gay/Lesbian issue just took a step in the wrong direction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
All children need a mother and a father. It's natural.

Not two of one or the other. It's unnatural.

Nuff said.

Hardly "nuff" said.
Children need stability, of this there can be no doubt, however, stability can be found in many forms. If you know anything about kids its that they are resilient and are often underestimated, especially by adults. Additionally, short, abrupt sentences rarely invariably convey enough intelligent information to produce a substantial post.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Now, I haven't seen this billboard I am purely going off the article but this worries me, in the fact that it is almost starting to encourage people to raise their kids towards their sexuality.

I don't see the billboard that way....
You are reading into it.

/thread
edit on 7-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

i see were your going with this, its another propaganda were the rich and powerful see an opportunity and are taking advantage of it.....meanwhile the real dangers of humanity are being ignored

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
"Born this way" is just code for "I am created this way".

Let's check
Anus - 1 function - passing excrement
Penis - 2 functions - passing urine and passing semen for IMPREGNATION
Vagina - 3 functions - passing menstruation, receiving semen for IMPREGNATION and giving birth

Creation is evident. Mankind was created male and female. Therefore, it is only through indoctrination that a populace can actually believe otherwise, that a population can be swayed to no longer see what is clearly in front of them. It is a sexual lust and desire for sex with the same gender.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"Born this way" is just code for "I am created this way."

I'm sure Lady Gaga would agree with you!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
my parents,if you could call them that as i later found out were my aunt( long story) attempted to "brainwash" me into being straight,

is that okay?

Yes, they didn't want to be embarressed. No offence intended, but wanting a kid to follow the natural human way is completely understandable.

you don't know how my parents/aunt and uncle attempted to raise me,

than they don't deserve to be parents anymore than Gay couples, any 'Parent' who would be embarrassed of their child doesn't deserve to be a parent, and i believe you may find many more Men-Woman couples who are embarrassed to have a homosexual child than same sex couples would be embarrassed to have a straight child

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

How many functions does the mouth have?

I'd say all of those organs can also be responsibly used for pleasure.
That is irrefutable.

Passing semen cannot only be for impregnation, or else I can assume that most Protestants have only passed semen twice (they have two kids, usually).
Dr. Oz says it also cleans out the prostate gland from toxins.
If it's so God-ordained why have science-based fertility clinics, or are they sinful?
Are Cesarean births also unnatural because those births don't go through the vagina?

According to Genesis 2 God first made Adam in His image, and only later did He make Eve.
That was a disaster, and child-birth came with death, as a curse on mankind (gee, thanks a lot heterosexuals).
Eve was told: "In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" (Genesis 3:16).
Is it Biblically sound to give women painkillers in childbirth?
The Victorians were opposed to this according to Genesis, but Queen Victoria eventually told the literalists to go and stuff themselves.

Good on her.

Why obey a society that traded women like slaves?
Why obey anything from a book that says a woman who cannot prove her virginity on her wedding night must be stoned to death, and that a virgin who is raped must marry her rapist? (Both in Deuteronomy 22.)
Yeah, ignore 90 percent of the Bible, while being legalistic about gay people.
Even in the New Testament adultery is measured by the fornication of the woman, and any man who marries a divorced woman lives in adultery.

Christian society must take the log from its own eye before it even tries to point a finger elsewhere.

Sell all your earthly possessions and give them to the poor, or you won't see the kingdom of heaven (Mark 10: 21-25).
Adulterers, usurers and pharisees judging other people.
What a joke.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Let's check
Vagina - 3 functions - passing menstruation, receiving semen for IMPREGNATION and giving birth

Creation is evident. Mankind was created male and female. Therefore, it is only through indoctrination that a populace can actually believe otherwise, that a population can be swayed to no longer see what is clearly in front of them. It is a sexual lust and desire for sex with the same gender.

And the function of our legs and feet are to walk and run on the ground - NOT to push pedals on a car or bicycle. Therefore, we are using our legs and feet for purposes not designed by our creator. Here's the thing -- we can do what we want with our body parts, as long as we aren't hurting anyone. I've got news for you. Heterosexuals have long used those body parts you mentioned in ways other than what you have listed.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Let's check

Well, wrong. I suppose all those heterosexual couples having anal sex then are really lusting for sex with the same gender. That makes sense. If you are crazy. I find it awesome when I can interact with someone who believes sex is simply for making babies. It gives me a glimpse into pre-historic times. Fun!

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Isn't it strange how so many say it's a choice but when we question when they made the choice to be "straight" they either can't give a "straight" answer or just deflect and avoid the question!

Its strange that you say that because me being straight I realized I was straight by the time I was around 12 or 13. This being said I made the choice to be straight at that age. I deflected your answer all right. And if you ask the question what was I before that, I will tell you innocent. Nor gay or straight, if you can understand that.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Let's check

Well, wrong. I suppose all those heterosexual couples having anal sex then are really lusting for sex with the same gender. That makes sense. If you are crazy. I find it awesome when I can interact with someone who believes sex is simply for making babies. It gives me a glimpse into pre-historic times. Fun!

CJ

Maybe it is you that thinks like an ape. Yes, sex was only for making babies. Not to mention, if a hetrosexual couple are going to have anal sex then, the man might as well be gay and the woman might as well be with another woman. There is my answer to that.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89

Originally posted by wiser3

Isn't it strange how so many say it's a choice but when we question when they made the choice to be "straight" they either can't give a "straight" answer or just deflect and avoid the question!

Its strange that you say that because me being straight I realized I was straight by the time I was around 12 or 13. This being said I made the choice to be straight at that age. I deflected your answer all right. And if you ask the question what was I before that, I will tell you innocent. Nor gay or straight, if you can understand that.

so you could still change your mind and be 'Gay'?

if you accept the fact that you 'Selected' your sexuality, you are also accepting the fact that you have the ability to be Sexual attracted to the same sex if it's just a choice

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89

And I guess your expectation is that we listen to and accept your mindless opinion as fact instead.

Here is an actual fact about homosexuality for you;

Is homosexuality a mental disorder?
No, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are not disorders. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Therefore, these mainstream organizations long ago abandoned classifications of homosexuality as a mental disorder.

External link

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I love debating with people like this. It provides such swift and inexpensive entertainment
Looks like his username could not be closer to the truth!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Well said, and of course "mental disorder" also seems to point to the religious fundamentalist category these days.

Not only homosexuality, but also cult-like religious behavior (from which a large part of homophobia clearly originates) has been increasingly examined as a genetic, organic (hormonal or structural problem in the brain) or psychological mental disorder.

In fact, the author Kathleen Taylor proposes that religious fundamentalism may soon be a curable disorder.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Perhaps it's high time, since fundamentalist Christian nit-picking caused a split in the Roman Empire and thereby caused its demise.
These issues have killed civilizations and led to 30-year, even century long wars.

In the television age we've also witnessed the freakish behavior, the religious intolerance and chauvinism, the fake healing, false prophesies, homophobia and exploitation (never mind the child abuse).
These people really do come across like a bad circus side-sideshow, out of touch with any reality.

Clearly some people escape from fundamentalism and cults at a young age, while others are drawn to the behavior.

But they can be helped and drawn to moderate, loving religion, if they admit they have a problem.

I bet most people would rather be told they have a lesbian as a child, rather than a child with a genetic aberration to join a cult for life, who will cut out unbelieving family members who don't share the delusions.

edit on 7-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

i don't know why these gay threads are so common here at ats.. its just a place for people to express their ignorance towards gays and gay families.. when they have probably never even met a gay family in real life..

watch this thread get locked ..

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is a really dumb thread.

Can anyone present a non supporting view of Homosexuality without looking like a raving lunatic?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewhiteribbon

i don't know why these gay threads are so common here at ats.. its just a place for people to express their ignorance towards gays and gay families.. when they have probably never even met a gay family in real life..

watch this thread get locked ..

sadly that has been the case of the last couple 'Gay Topics'

a lot of good discussion exist within the drivel, likewise a lot of support, that seems to get buried by ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join