It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole Gay/Lesbian issue just took a step in the wrong direction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I can't see a gay person programing their sexual orientation on their children as a good thing.

From a evolutionary perspective without technology this would be rather counter productive for a species.

Controversially: Perhaps its genetics way of controlling the population? Some are programmed to do good, some to do bad, some to care, some to love, some to share, some to swing against the flow and others to lay final blows.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First of all, OP, thanks for reducing the entire population of people who don't subscribe to a 100% heterosexual life to "that whole gay issue". Also, what right do you or anyone have in saying you're "ok" with same sex marriage, "If that's what we really want.". We aren't children in a candy store, begging for a snack. We are intelligent adults who have been forged in the flames of persecution.
I, too, am tired of people likening homosexuals to pedophiles. most pedophiles are straight men. educate yourself.
Also, why is it that your tired and flimsy argument always gives gays so much credit? Why do you believe that gay parents will ruin the potential of their straight kids and "turn" them gay? My parents are straight and I'm gay. How come they didn't turn me straight?
I can tell you, as a 4 year old I knew I liked women. I also respect all forms of life and love kids. You would be out of your mind to stop someone or people like me, with such upstanding character and morals, from raising children.

You have no right to judge fellow human beings' ability to raise and care for children based on who they love. It's love, how could any form of love be a bad thing?
Now don't sit there and say what about pedophiles. That isn't love. That is abuse.

Educate yourself soon, meet a real gay person, before enough time passes that this "whole gay thing" will be a non-issue because the new generations will have come to their senses. Better yet, they will be born with understanding. You will appear, and already do, as a caveman of understanding. An archaic reminder of how terrible humans were to each other. What I'm trying to say, is that hate is never the answer. We will win the good fight, and our children will be well-rounded free thinking individuals who value respect and decency. So, OP, what exactly /is/ your "issue"?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Food for thought: Your sexual orientation does not define you. Your intellect, ability to reason, and capacity for love do. So what would it matter if some people's kids were gay? it's not a bad thing. love is love, I can't stress that enough. Embrace those who have the courage to be themselves in the face of bigots. They are stronger and better people for doing so.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have nothing against gay people but this is only going to hurt their cause. But it's kind of a catch 22. They wouldn't have to put up billboards like that if people would just mind their own business and/or be more tolerable about things that won't change anything to their own lives. Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
what i fail to comprehend, is if we selected to be homosexual, it means you selected to be Heterosexual, which means you could easily select to be homosexual at whim?

does that explain attraction and sexual attraction? do you really believe you could 'Talk yourself into' being sexually attracted to the same sex?

Actually, that IS what I believe.

I don't believe in the reality of labels. I believe that you are as gay, or as straight, as your last sexual encounter.

The average lesbian has had a heterosexual encounter within the past two years.....

Then we have the issue of exceptions. Many gay men have had one or more heterosex encounters. When they are asked about it, they will say that they were "trying to force themselves to be straight, etc,' But however they understand the episode on an emotional plane, the fact is that they are not "exclusively gay" by definition. In other words, that one episode "doesn't count" when describing their gender/sexuality.

Likewise, many who identify as straight have had one or more gay sex encounters during their teens or while in college. But they will say those episodes "don't count."

So, what 'counts' as a defining sex encounter is dependent on the meaning you apply to it, not on those magical chromosomes that none of us can actually see while we are discussing the issue.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How about we all worry about bettering our own lives individually, and just accept all humans on the Kinsey scale- wherever they may lie- as HUMANS. it really is that easy, folks.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BasqueIntheDark

You aren't children in a candy store, but you are an emerging way of life in a predominantly straight situation. Like it or not society was founded on the principle of straight people, moms and dads make babies. Men and women marry, its a christian society. You cant expect it to be universally accepted so quickly.

As I've tried to say until I'm blue, I'm not saying your parents will persuade you or teach you, I'm saying through your life experiences from day do to whenever you will become who you are, be it straight or gay.
Your parents play a part in this evolution if you will. What we see as children makes us who we are.. all those years watching cartoons, or playing with mom/dad in the yard... its impressionable.

Now,if it was two gay fathers raising a little boy. I cant see how that wouldn't change his values and attitudes about sexuality.

I'm sure there's many straight families out there that have gay children, because all children are open to the same influences through media, school where ever.. And this is why you get a majority of children from straight families being straight, because its the way they are brought up over time.

Just because your gay from a straight family doesn't nullify the overall fact parents effect who you are!

Lastly, don't ever tell me that my opinion is brought from hate. This isnt hate this is an honest assessment.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasqueIntheDark
How about we all worry about bettering our own lives individually, and just accept all humans on the Kinsey scale- wherever they may lie- as HUMANS. it really is that easy, folks.
Because we're not humans
We're still animals/mammals by nature
We think we're humans because we think we've supressed most of it except there are still few instincts left in us. Just like the pets or tamed animals in homes/circus which people think they've domesticated/tamed completely until something bad happens. Its like asking all the primates to get along or all the carnivores in the jungle to get along without killing each other
A simple example. How would you feel if you caught your other half in bed with someone other than you?
Would you make a statement saying 'Why cant we all get along" (Exceptions to this statement if there are couples into fantasies and kinks)

edit on 7-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by BasqueIntheDark

You aren't children in a candy store, but you are an emerging way of life in a predominantly straight situation. Like it or not society was founded on the principle of straight people, moms and dads make babies. Men and women marry, its a christian society. You cant expect it to be universally accepted so quickly.
Not just christianity but other religions have the same belief system too
Its common sense even the animal kingdom knows it. Sure there might be homosexual experiences amongst the animal kingdom but not for breeding.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

As for gay couples unwillingly steering an adopted child to also be gay doesn't make sense to me. Straight couples have gay children all the time so it stands to reason that gay couples can produce straight kids. There is no magic mix and match that going to decide how a child turns out.

Wish I could flag this post, but a star will have to suffice! It must be difficult possessing this amount of common sense
In thirty years from now discussions like this will seems as outrageous as discussions on race.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well considering the fact that straight parents are raising gay children it's pretty obvious that you can't raise them "towards their sexuality" as you put it. (Newt Gingrich, anyone?)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by polarwarrior

Science?

Science cannot prove you being born gay or straight anymore than it can prove the existence of religion.

Science doesn't understand the mind, being gay isn't a chemical imbalance.

Love doesn't hold true to any scientific model.

If you believe being gay can be proven by science then i think perhaps you under-estimate the value of a humans mental mind.

So the very fact that every gay person will tell you that they were indeed born that way means nothing to you? Do you think that each and every one of them were born straight and then there was some complex series of events that somehow caused them to flip? To me, logic negates the need to scientifically prove it.

I will call bullfeathers on this, I know 4 gay people and 2 of them admitted to "turning gay" after a bad emotional traumatic time, when someone then showed them kindness, and gave them alcohol, drugs, proceeded to tempt them in their fragile state, and before this had no real thought of gayness, other than mild curiousity.

I also think it is more than laughable that people are not influenced by there environments... the same people saying that gay is not learnable are the ones claiming all the other problems people have are caused by circumstance.

Get a grip, and realize that MULTIPLE factors can weigh in on any situation, and that everyone is NOT the same.

This has to be the most bizarre claim ever, that being in an environment does not override anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f

Well . . . I was arguing that homosexuals carry a gene that makes them that way, and if in fact that is true, they should have gone extinct thousands of years ago. Just like we breed bad genes out of livestock. (I am a farmer).

But after I launched that argument here on ATS I was convinced by another poster that I was wrong, because I was a life long opponent to gay marriage. He was successful in convincing me that gay marriage was a good thing.

His theory is that these bad genetics will disappear in our populations if we allow gays to marry each other, since that would prevent them from infiltrating and being under cover int he heterosexual population, and that because of them interacting with each other (male to male or female to female) they would not be producing as many offspring with that atavistic gene.

So it now appears to me if these people decide to chose donor sperm or eggs they will continue to perpetuate the genetic problem which has caused them to invade the heterosexual population in the past when they married and had families and remained in the closet practicing their deviant acts undercover.

So the way I see it, do not let them adopt children, but if they do, they will not be transferring the bad genetics to those children who were fathered by straight parents. But do not let them have access to sperm banks or egg banks in order to share their genetics with the offspring and perpetuate this problem. In my mind their practices are not acceptable, the recent recognition is merely a sign of the decline of Western Civilization as it was in Rome when these practices were openly accepted. Adios Amigos. John

that is genocidal thought,

it's absurd to think just because we are gay that we would try to 'brainwash' children into being 'gay', i'm sure there are some people who may attempt that, but look at all the straight people who try to brainwash their homosexual children into being straight? 'pray away the gay'

how is one better than the other?

no one has any scientific evidence, nor any experience to claim that we selected to be gay at certain times in our life, i think us 'Gays' would know if it was a selection or not

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think children just adapt to their environment but gay can be taught.
However, as the majority are naturally straight. It is less likely to accur that because gay people raise their children, then their children will be gay.

This just isnt the case.

Its fear mongering to say this happens...
edit on 7-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
its all about population reduction the more gay people and lesbian people there are the less reprodoucing we will do and its all about the status quo.

thats ok though i think that gay couples should be allowed to have children or adopt as long as they dont force or push the children into homosexuality. they always say that being gay is something your born with but some gay couples are sure to push their children into that direction.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

...as long as they dont force or push the children into homosexuality.

Is it ok for couples to push or force heterosexuality onto their children? How exactly does a parent force or push any type of sexuality onto a child? Just curious to hear your thoughts...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wiser3 and markosity1973 - I never said, nor did I imply, that gay people "choose" to be gay.

Please don't misrepresent me.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
my parents,if you could call them that as i later found out were my aunt( long story) attempted to "brainwash" me into being straight,

is that okay?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All children need a mother and a father. It's natural.

Not two of one or the other. It's unnatural.

Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
my parents,if you could call them that as i later found out were my aunt( long story) attempted to "brainwash" me into being straight,

is that okay?

Yes, they didn't want to be embarressed. No offence intended, but wanting a kid to follow the natural human way is completely understandable.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join