It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elk abducted in front of 14 witnesses - Daylight sighting, 1999

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Agreed. I think more than three people saw the object. It is impossible to say since none of the 11 other people were interviewed.

The biggest problem with this case seems to be a sub-par investigation. Granted, the witnesses could not speak good english, but in my opinion that is no excuse.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nacirema
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

What if the disc-shaped object they saw is actually an organism that floats around and eats elks? That's why it increased in size, because its stomach expanded!

Well I favor this alternative theory. I do not believe the ETH at all.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just searching on YouTube, it looks like helicopters chase and capture elk pretty often.

Looks like they lift them up also.
m.billingsgazette.com... .html

So the description matches these videos and photos except that it wasn't a helicopter. But is movement seemed compairale to a helicopter.

Any chance this detail was misidentified or lost in translation? I hope so because my psych can't accept aliens as a reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
This has been mentioned, but I think it's important to again point out that it is only alleged that there were 14 witnesses. 14 people have not come forward -- only three did. It's these three that say there were 14 witnesses.
edit on 6/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

You are completely correct. Gort 51 did a great job pointing this out. Unfortunately I can no longer change the title of the thread.
edit on 7-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

Yeah, but remember (assuming the sighting was genuine), the other 11 were probably too freaked out to say anything, I mean seriously, having seen it, would you?

No. According to the MUFON article, it was not the case that the other 11 were "too freaked out to say anything". The article doesn't give a number of witnesses other than the 3 (perhaps there were others, perhaps not), but it DOES say that, according to the three witnesses, NOT all 14 people who were there saw it.

edit on 6/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Why did it seem to the witnesses that the object almost dropped the elk a few times?

Why did the object (or the elk) while they lifted it up hit the trees..as if the UFO had problems lifting the elk or they had problems maneuvering the object?

Odd stuff.

Pixar explains it best with this animation.

But seriously, nice story. S&F 'd.

I used to live in British Columbia in a isolated area and always hoped to see one fly by...

edit on 7-6-2013 by ByteChanger because: better quality video

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The wobbling motion at low altitudes and speeds matches other observations. It matches some calculations on how electromagnetic antigrav would work. The 'getting bigger' after taking on the elk is a new one, from my readings.

If they can abduct cows, of course they'd be interested in elk. It would appear they're taking on genetic samples, but it could be any reason whatsoever. There's no real way to second guess another civilization or culture. As far as 'why don't they land and talk to us' maybe there's a Prime Directive of sorts. Or they're telepathic and already know what they want to find out about us. Or we're too primitive to be bothered with on that level. (You don't introduce yourself to the local wildlife when you move to a new neighborhood, do you? And how did that convo with a squirrel work for you if you did?)

Everyone here might like to go over to the NICAP.org website and do some reading. Their archived old free book PDFs are especially wonderful and enlightening reading; what the military was thinking back in the late 40s, the mental processes they went through trying to figure out WTH these things could be, etc. The two Keyhoe books there are terrific. There are literally MILLIONS of sightings worldwide that most of us are not privy to, and many, many of these are group sightings which rather rules out hoaxes. Of course, pictures can always be considered CGI so until we (the people) have something land right in the middle of town, we probably won't believe it. The people's hearing on UFOs recently in D.C. made it quite clear that the US govt is the most secretive on this subject of all; South American countries and Europe are being far more open about this, and it was inferred that if the US govt doesn't come clean soon, China will...

It fascinates me to hear people either admit they can't come to terms with the reality of ET being here, or else go out of their way to debunk sightings (without doing much research into the depth of the information). Is cognitive dissonance that much a part of most human psyches? Or have you grown up thinking what your parents and society tell you is the whole truth?

Another interesting bit of research would be the David Adair videos available on line. He describes interacting with a living/aware biomachine that reacted to his emotional state; his hypothesis was that the machines were maneuvered by way of interacting with the pilot at brain level (no buttons required). This was back in 1979, way before the US military developed brain interactive jet controls.

Thanks for posting this, fascinating, OP.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nice find. The incident wasn't familiar to this weird hound, so kudos on dredging it up. Assuming it happened as reported, the size change is interesting.

Reminds me of postulations on what something from a different dimension might look like when "passing through.".

Many of the weird things people see in the sky seem to morph and have a hard-to-pin-down shape (that Nellis footage from the 90's comes to mind). Whether due to dimensional perspective, propulsion, unknown tech, flights of fancy given form or everything, or nothing, mentioned, it's speculation generating.

And speculation is mostly all we have with this stuff. Maybe that's the point.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

You make a good point. If this is a misidentification, it seems a helicopter is the most likely explanation.

From your video however, it appears that human elk trappers shoot nets onto the animals, land the helicopter, and then take off with the elk hanging below. It was not reported that the UFO landed at any time, or that the elk fell over and laid on the ground for any period of time. (as would be the case if this were a helicopter, seems to me)

This, in my opinion rules out the helicopter explanation—although I recognize it is completely possible the witnesses were not interviewed correctly. Especially given the fact they could not speak good English, and the fact that this investigation already seems flawed.

the link you posted seems to be broken. I was able to view the page by deleting the slash and adding ".html" to the end of the url.
edit on 7-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: added

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I just don't see such an advanced race being here, and not saying hello or die.

Why do you think an alien species is eager to talk to some life forms and to tell them hello? Do we talk to bacteria?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think that's fair. It's hard posting from an iPhone sometimes.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I just don't see such an advanced race being here, and not saying hello or die.

Why do you think an alien species is eager to talk to some life forms and to tell them hello? Do we talk to bacteria?
Bacteria talks to me sometimes. That's how I know to take a shower

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Seems to me to be man made, that's why. What's that saying, what the military show us now means they're actually 30 years more advanced.

Following along that thought process, this was a test craft wobbling down to the elk while also using a test tractor beam, hence why it had trouble holding on, balancing the elk (the weight of the elk threw it off kilter), and why it was slow (had to pick the one elk separated from the group). Nothing in this scenario says professional craft. Awesome yes, but finished product - no.

I used to believe in alien UFOs, now I'm sure it's all military tests of one sort or another.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nacirema

What if the disc-shaped object they saw is actually an organism that floats around and eats elks? That's why it increased in size, because its stomach expanded!

Great minds think alike sir! This is exactly what I was going to suggest in my reply, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

We're not bacteria.

I know if we found life on mars we'd make our presence known.

At least we'd use the rover to poke it with a stick......well that's what I'd do...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I dont know ive read where people have sighted wobbley craft before. Now i had a daylight sighting 20years ago. It wasnt shakey or anything. But it wasnt of this world. They may have seen something the ship increasing in size is something i dont think they would make up if trying to pull off a elaborate hoax. Its quite interesting. And hearing from some of the others would be nice. Also the elk spinning in the beam.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oddly enough, theres a lot of dead mutilated animals of a" wilder than cows "nature that have turned up
not just cows...Deer sheep(herds sometimes) and smaller mamals...
Cats have been showing up cut in half with the other half missing all over the western USA.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Black and white photos???

The last photo is photoshopped using a sleep mask that uses pulsating light for vivid/lucid dreaming. Also, far as I can find there is and has been no wood cutting in or around Mount St. Helens. So how does one explain the first photo being it is clearly in a deforestation area..

Oh, another discrepancy... The second picture is a overhead view yet "witnesses say they were only able to view it for 3 - 5 minutes." ????

Oops. OP. Are the images part of the illustration? Meaning they were faked to begin with just to give an idea of how it went down?
edit on 7-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

edit on 7-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It's interesting since Mount St. Helens is a known UFO hot spot.

In fact, a couple of years ago a team of ATS staff members camped out at Gilliland ranch and made some very cool observations

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I know sarcasm is hard to read when on the internet.. Just know I was making fun of people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join