It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elk abducted in front of 14 witnesses - Daylight sighting, 1999

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This UFO case isn't very well known - it occurred near Mount St. Helens in Washington State on February 25, 1999. A team of 14 forestry workers were planting seedling trees on a hillside. At about 12:00, three of the workers observed a strangely shaped craft descending silently with a wobbling motion to the north of their position. Initially the object was thought to be a parachute, but this explanation was quickly discarded. The initial witnesses called to their colleagues and all 14 foresters watched the UFO for around 3 to 5 minutes.

one of the witnesses, known only as "Augustine", points out the direction the UFO was sighted

Quickly after their first observation, the UFO began to move towards a herd of elk. When the object got close, the herd began to flee and one animal became separated from the group. The object, which was oval-shaped with a half-circle cut out from behind, immediately changed course and headed towards the lonely elk.

The witnesses report that at this point, the object quickly moved directly above the lone elk and seemed to lift it off the ground, although no visible means of support of the animal was evident to the observers.
The witnesses added that shortly after lifting the elk off the ground, the object seemed to begin to "wobble" to a more pronounced degree than it had exhibited earlier. In addition, as the object appeared to increase its altitude, the elk, which was suspended upright below the disc, rotated slowly beneath it and appeared to be getting closer to the ventral surface of the disc. They also commented that the object seemed to increase in size slightly after it had picked up the animal.

rense.com...

illustration by UFO researcher Robert Fairfax

The Object eventually ascended until it could no longer be seen by the witnesses. They assumed that the elk had been taken completely inside the craft, but it appears this was not actually observed.

I wonder what business a UFO would have abducting an elk. MUFON Investigators concluded that the case was not a hoax and classified it as unknown. They felt strongly about the sincerity of the witnesses. I certainly don't have an answer or explanation.

Resources:

Filers files (no. 11 1999)(2nd case)
Peter Davenport Investigation Summary (Nuforc)
UFO Casebook
MUFON article

I would love to hear thoughts and opinions about the case. Believe it or not? And why would UFOs want elk?
edit on 6-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: added article

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's an interesting story... Always did wonder if they bothered to take other animals besides humans & cows.

But is that second picture supposed to be legitimate? Or is this just a rendition.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Not trying to be flippant here, but maybe they were hungry. Broiled elk meat is very tasty!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

But is that second picture supposed to be legitimate? Or is this just a rendition.

no that is only an illustration, there were no pictures

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Okay- that's great then!

I wonder if these 14 folk said any more?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That's an interesting story,I love hearing these kinds of stories with multiple witnesses, but unfortunately I'm highly skeptical of ufos.

I just don't see such an advanced race being here, and not saying hello or die.

I really do love unknown mysteries S&F

P.S. I don't feel there's enough big foot threads or sea monsters. ATS members present unusual stories so well, and use true passion (not money or fame) when expressing their beliefs.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It saw the American and the Elk and decided to take the more intelligent of the two.

relax it was a joke.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Not sure if there are any actual interviews transcripts floating around on the internet, but this is a good article that goes into the sighting much more in depth:

ufoevidence.org...

this was in the july 1999 issue of mufons ufo journal
edit on 6-6-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Neat. Never heard of this case at all. Assuming that these people are telling the truth, why not abduct an elk? We'd do the same thing if we were visiting another planet and came across an alien life form. Heck, we do it all the time on our own planet, to our own elk! We just don't have flying saucers to zap them up with
(or DO we?
)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There was an amazing case of a deer and hunter being abducted, I am having trouble finding it, here is another.

Date of Sighting: May 1, 2004 Time of Sighting: Around 3 PM Date Reported: May 16, 2005 Location: Lawndale, California (Southern California about 20 Miles Northwest of Long Beach) Latitude: 33.88765 Degrees North Longitude: 118.35760 Degrees West Number of Witnesses: One Number Witnesses Interviewed: One Weather: Unknown Description: This report is suspect because the witness supplied virtually no details. He said that a saw a big UFO in the mountains taking a deer. It appears that the man does not write very good English so this could be part of the reason for his brief report. Investigator's Notes: I cannot reach the witness via email as he provided a bad or expired email address. I left a message on his voice-mail, but have not yet received a response.

Without more information this sighting cannot be investigated. Given the information provided below I consider this case to be hoax. Addition Information Provided by a Local Resident in Lawdale, California: RE: Lawndale, CA UFO Abducting deer. Lawndale is a suburb of Los Angeles and has no mountains and is mainly residential and freeway and wall to wall shops and malls. Deer are never seen in Lawndale. Lawdale is an urban area. I live 2 miles from Lawndale/Hawthorne.

www.ufosnw.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
That's an interesting story,I love hearing these kinds of stories with multiple witnesses, but unfortunately I'm highly skeptical of ufos.

I just don't see such an advanced race being here, and not saying hello or die.

I really do love unknown mysteries S&F

P.S. I don't feel there's enough big foot threads or sea monsters. ATS members present unusual stories so well, and use true passion (not money or fame) when expressing their beliefs.

We're on mars right now and if anything lived there we wouldn't be able to say hello. Whose to say they don't have their own rovers taking samples to bring back home. I love the Bigfoot, mothman, and sea/lake monster stories too. People do indeed present them well on here.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Interesting case, something of interest for those wanting to know more about alleged abductions:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've also heard there was a case similar to this from the early 1900s

edit on 6-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Very interesting case, I was just about to post the updated version www.ufoevidence.org... but see that someone already did that.

I know it sounds very far fetched, but I can't help but SPECULATE about that they might have witnessed some rescue operation or similar where a helicopter lowered a device on cable to capture an Elk.

It would, to some extent, explain the wobbling motion (although often referred to as a "classic" motion for UFOs)....but also the size of the object..and how it moved.

Yes this is far-fetched and there would be questions why they didn't see or hear the helicopter...etc...but just saying.

What I don't understand is why the craft needed to go "Elk Hunting" in the way it did by singling out the one lone Elk, like a predator would do. Why not simply fly over the herd and just "zap" one - obviously the elks can outrun the UFO and it was not that easy for the UFO to catch one?

Why did it seem to the witnesses that the object almost dropped the elk a few times?

Why did the object (or the elk) while they lifted it up hit the trees..as if the UFO had problems lifting the elk or they had problems maneuvering the object?

Odd stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Well, it is one or the other. Either you feel it was a helicopter or you trust the witnesses that the UFO hit the trees. It can't be both.

And yeah, it is odd. Interesting that they said it grew in size once it had the elk. I want a living machine too.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, interesting.....so only 3 people out of 14 actually saw something? Only one out of 3 actually saw the elk lifted?. They were Mexicans, who could'nt speak English, in cold weather (not natural to Mexicans), hungry, and bending over.

Well, could be a helicopter, but you would think they would know what one of those looks like, but then again??.

Doesnt the Dept of Forestry, Tag and record a lot of these types of wild native animals for research? Often with radio transmitters? Have they said anything?
Where was the "American" work group overseer?

If a real sighting, it certainly shows why they have'nt made a blanket contact with all of Humanity.

1) Their craft is wobbling around....almost runs into the treetops then reverses, to just miss them.....

2) They really are not from 100s/1000s of light years away? but just live here with us...somewhere...underground, undersea etc.

3) Their technology IS DEFINITELY not infallible, they are probably technically, not much more advanced than we are.
They probably Do have a better understanding and use of Universal Physics, that, if humans ACTUALLY worked together, instead of trying to kill each other, we call all learn at a much greater rate.

4) They are actually SCARED of humans, as we are an unpredictable animal, prone to fight, and they are aware we have the Atom bomb, and are not afraid to use it. Not to mention all our other weapons, Lasers, Particle beams, Electromagnetic weapons, Biological weapons etc etc. Not to mention all the diseases we carry and spread....we could wipe them out with one Sneeze!!.

5) Reminds me of the Swedish snow sighting where the Ovalish object hugged the tree tops as it took off. (which of course, naturally, people say is CGI)...

So a message to our "Visitors"... we come in Peace!! as long as you do what we tell you!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What if the disc-shaped object they saw is actually an organism that floats around and eats elks? That's why it increased in size, because its stomach expanded!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Reminds me of the Swedish snow sighting where the Ovalish object hugged the tree tops as it took off. (which of course, naturally, people say is CGI)...

Sorry mate but that footage was bona fide CGI for sure and even I first thought it might be genuine.

One theory could be that we are just another animals species to them. If the majority of UFO reports from early modern history are true then we've been getting visited for a very long time without much interaction. Then we got the bomb and UFO sightings really peaked.

I personally think the first nuclear tests done on this planet attracted attention, just a theory ofc.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That's a great case. I'm interested in actual UFO cases involving animal abduction or cattle mutilation.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Mouse over the cow. I dare you.
www.cowabduction.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Mouse over the cow. I dare you.
www.cowabduction.com...

And with every flick of a cow a little bit more of the frustration is released by a skeptic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join