It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate fox News!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The commentary on FOX is for the most part biased to the right, but the news reporting I think is generally pretty balanced. The commentary on FOX such as O'Reilly is like the Op/Ed section of a newspaper and is supposed to have a point-of-view. Other news outlets, like The New York Times, clearly use what are supposed to be straight news stories on the front page to promote their left-wing progressive agenda.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by NWObringer

Hmm...? Are you indirectly inferring that the NWO runs this website? I don't watch those big media giants anyway.

Nope.. I'm just supporting SO's suspicion that there is something really screwy going on in the United States right now. That's what I' m saying.

I see what you mean, I'd like to quote my friend which might explain some of your problems. He said that the Republicans are fully in control of the house and the senate, which maintains the right to make laws, which overrides the checks and balances. I think that's part of the reason politics in the U.S.A are so screwy over here right now.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by NWObringer]

Out of curiousity what were your feelings when the President was a Democrat and Congress was Democrat?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
By the way, as someone who watches the news channels for at least an hour every morning (networks, CNN, Fox, MSNBC) flipping around the one big thing I notice is how Fox almost always has a congressman from both parties on to discuss a topic while the others rarely have someone from both parties on.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok, said this a dozen times, no one seems to know how to read though....

Fox News is OWEND by a registered republican, RAN by a registered republican, All hosts but one is a registered republican(even Billy boy), even the clerks, janitors, whatever, are registered republicans. The "Dark Kinght" of the republican party was hired to clean house and fire every democrat, from host to clerk. The Fox News balance is 10 people on the right, 4 in the middle, one on the left. That is not balance. At Least CNN isn' owned, ran, and hosted completely by democrats, they actually have more then one republican, and they aren't a pet like the Fox News democrat is.(Watch Hannity and Colmes, one dominates the show, the other one sits there and agrees with his master, and the master is not a democrat)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Every other major station in america is liberal dominated...but people love to hate on fox because of its republican slant...im failing to understand this...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Every other major station in america is liberal dominated...but people love to hate on fox because of its republican slant...im failing to understand this...

Because they can't stand that they've lost their long-held monopoly on the media to Fox and the bloggers. Look how fast CBS's faked memos were taken down...this wouldn't have happened twenty years ago. That's why they're yelling!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Exactly how long does everybody think that Fox News can continue to be right-winged biased? How long before they stop going against the fray, so to speak, and join up with the rest of the elitists? How long before they, like the rest of America with Walmart especially, bows under pressure from the ultimate left-winged organization that being the nation of China? I don't know why everybody is naieve enough to think that Fox News will continue being the 'white knight' of the Republican Party. Since MSNBC and Fox News were both started during the year 1996, obviously Fox had to find some niche of an audience to adhere to and now that they're chock full of cash, they don't have to sniff anyone's butt. Let's face it folks, I personally think that Fox News is very fatigued about this 'going against the tide' stuff and is ready to join up with the rest of the of the liberals of whom now control the world in this modern era. And oh yeah, let's not forget how unpredictable that greedy Rupert Murdoch can be since he is in in fact, an Aussie.

Bill O'Reilly: Those Who Oppose Him are "Fascists"
-- Moveon.org

[edit on 23-1-2005 by risitar]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ha, over the summer, when I had nothing better to do, I just left it on while sitting around. They wasted maybe 30 seconds of good news time when people are dying and being murdered and accomplishing amazing things... to talk about a cat that was rescued... I don't even like cats! So, for maybe 3-4 months I stopped watching it. I would have been watching CNN, but they filled half the screen with all that other stuff, unnews. I think I started watching Fox again because the election was coming up. It's clearly biased, but it seems like most news channels are anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It occurs to me that the degree of bias a media outlet demonstrates is, in large part, proportional to the bias that resides behind the eye of the beholder.

The media is a very complex industry and very little is black or white when it comes to political issues. There are special interests on both sides of any issue that spend their air time either promoting their cause or throwing flak at opponents. Simply televising them can result in a charge of bias.

What is lacking is unbiased informed discussion of the issues (from sources that do not have a dog in the fight) which could serve to educate instead of tittilate or entertain. The reason we lack informative discussion is this sort of thing often results in economic professors droning on about the tax code which makes for poor television.

To know all aspects of even one political issue could take you quite some time of intense study. We are communicated to in sound bites. We never get to have "the long thought" regardless of the television outlet due the the requirement of concision. If you cannot make your point in 20 seconds, you haven't got one. This serves to destroy all informative discussion. Nobody has the time to explain anything regardless if their position.

Personally I can't watch Fox News for more than a minute or two. I get my news from Free Speech TV via sattelite and the blessed internet.

I consider Public Broadcasting to be too conservative for my tastes but I wouldn't want to take Fox away from those that need it. To each his own.

There is ample evidence that Fox news is laughably biased but if I linked to the info would any Fox fans want to read it?

I probably wouldn't if I were them.

mediamatters.org...

Yes its a left biased website but it shows that many think CNN is as far right as Fox.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
FOX is the most biased network in news. Actually you can't even call them a "news" channel they're more of a propaganda tool for the the right-wing. Just check this out if you need further proof.

www.fair.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ahhhhh, Fox news is complete trash. No... it is what trash is after you dig it up, and soil it , than you will be getting close to how poisenous it is to society.

There is no other network that focuses on uselss issues and promotes fear more than fox news.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join