It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate fox News!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't need to watch a "documentary" to convince me of who's got the best news service. I've been around long enough to know what's shakin'.

[edit on 04/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't need to watch a "documentary" to convince me of who's got the best news service. I've been around long enough to know what's shakin'.

[edit on 04/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

I whole heartily agree. The public doesn't care of how the Liberal the damn media is lest the Republicans wouldn't have a chance at all as well as this Fox News menace that everybody's hyping up, a more hyped of a product than Windows 95. I think that there is more damage than of not having a thriving media industry with Japan as being the leading example and their essentially one party system and only after such degradation and desperation were they willing to change.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by risitar]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for intelligently addressing the thoughts presented in this thread. It's good to see 2 members who aren't so beligerent and blindly biased as to post crap that has no merit or even content worthy of someone's time.

Why do people like you 2 come to ATS? I personally learn new things and sometimes change my thought process, depending on what I read/see. In the very least, I would think that someone who comes on here with a strong political/moral/religioius stance would cite evidence as to their position and not just post garbage that is inflamatory and beligerent.

Well done guys for continuing to make pro-fox/bush supporters look under-informed and hard headed even in the face of factual info. disproving their stances. Congratulations!

Oh and before you try and label me anything, be careful, I hated Kerry too. And I think a partisan system is detrimental to our society, so any liberal/leftist comments would only show your lack of a) understanding of those labels and b) ability to intelligently rebut criticism with a reasonable and rational response.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledbedder20

Well done guys for continuing to make pro-fox/bush supporters look under-informed and hard headed even in the face of factual info. disproving their stances. Congratulations!

Nobody has to label you in any way, shape or form...you've done that yourself with this insulting post.

Now supporters of President Bush and Fox News listeners are "hard headed even in the face of factual info. disproving their stances."??? Just what "factual information" are you referring to? What makes such persons hard headed? You've managed to insult people without even giving a reason for doing so...please expound...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i reallllllyy like fox news...they are slowing going to bring it here to canada...i am tired of anderson cooper and wolf blitzer and that liberal judy woodruff....i need some hardcore right wingers to satisfy my needs of good quality newscasting...

thats what i yearn for...real classy "RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE" broadcasting..and thats what fox offers....! just had to let everyone know how i feel..

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes the powerful have infiltrated and control the 'mainstream media'. Fox 'news' is all FLUFF. So is ABC (owned by Disney). Both have 'stories' about the latest fashions, cooking, etc. This is news? It is certainly NOT current events!
I watch this sort of "news" because I want to know what I am 'up against'--you know? I also find interesting what I DON'T see. An example: How many people know of the HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of people who have been murdered (for no apparent reason) in the past few years in Juarez, Mexico? This is right over the border from El Paso, TX. It is practically the USA. But it has nothing to do with "us"......so why should we care? Anybody know about this? If you watch US TV news, likely not. If you watch Mexican TV---then you know ALL about it.
Another thought-regarding Bushes connections to Fox---one of his cousins worked for them during the 2000 election. (May still?)

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Niki]

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Niki]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Media bias? From PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS???

www.mediaresearch.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Media bias? From PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS???

www.mediaresearch.org...

UMMM? Isn't that site a little biased? Anyone who claims that only "liberals" or only "right-wing" news organizations are biased is sadly misinformed. Both parties are guilty of distorting the truth and reporting through a filter. That site has more right wing, liberal bashing propaganda than actual information.

Once again, I ask why fight against a political party? They're both 2 sides to the same coin!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am disgusted by Fox news. It's so biased, it's not even funny. Last time i watched fox news i seriously felt like killing someone.

CNNHeadline for me. They arent nearly as biased as Fox and they always get good stories.
I'm not saying CNN isnt biased though...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Where did all the Fox fans go? I still haven't heard an explanation to the criticisms I and others have displayed. Please let us know why Fox is so great.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fox News is very cool. Why? Because they don't lie. You really have to take the Fair and Balanced slogan in a more intellectual light since let's face it, the media is so leftist that it's simply crazy. Fox News whether stupid or insane, has taken ahold of such opportunity and balanced the media by doing the exact opposite of what the majority of the U.S. media. Besides, I mean really, who else can deliver exciting news? It's not like the news was meant to be exciting as everybody else who isn't American/Canadian can tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I agree Risitar, Being a fellow Canadian who is lives under leftwing liberal control who clearly control our media it is nice to see an organization like Fox news portray the otherside of the story. May the CBC burn in hell!

P.S. how do you edit your password & add a picture to your profile?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If cnn and fox news was really truly real news they would have all the news on from around our globe 24 hours a day instead of repeats every 30 minutes. They dont even report the news much to the western states of themselves. Theres so much real news out here in the world they would not have time to repeat it. they are very limited on what they do report.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I get all my news from the Daily Show. They may make fun of Bush more than other politicians but he makes it so darn easy.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Imagine if Fox News was the only news source out there (i.e. no Internet, no other T.V. networks, no newspapers)...now you can start to imagine how conservatives had to live for years and years before Fox News. Come on, freedom of speech. If you don't like Fox then change the channel. I personally love it!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The news is the facts and you make informed decision. Fox and CNN and the others are opinions and spin jobs. NOT NEWS!

Tap into the hive mind

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ok, Fox news is balanced if you have 5 people on the right side of the see-saw and 2 in the middle.

Fox News is owned by a registered republican, ran by a registered republican, all but one show is ran by registered republicans, the so called "Dark Knight" of the Republican Party was hired by Fox News President to clean house and fire any and all liberals, from hosts to janitors to clerks. Fox News is biased, this is not my opinion, it is FACT! It would be like Clinton owns this news channel, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry are the hosts, and John McCain(the most "liberal" of the republicans) does a show with Mrs. Clinton, I mean Bill Clinton(same thing?)

That is Fox News, but with liberals running it. I swear, how anyone can think that Fox News is balanced is nuts. Though I do like Billy Boy, his Most Stupid Things at the end of every show are usually good. And the fox morning isn't to bad, watched it when I was still in school in the morning. Oh yeah, Oliver North, a republican, is a major factor in Fox News, with Ann Coulter.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here's a great alternative for FOX News haters -- The Al Gore Television Network in association with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. I wonder how long that'll last.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Most people by genetic nature are non-rational, non-objective. To find a completely unbiased news source is very rare, and I would argue that those that criticize Fox News for being biased and subjective themselves are biased and subjective and support news sources that promote their personal biases. CNN, Fox News, CBS, etc., they all have CEOs that have a personal political agenda that is not include objective coverage of what goes on in the world. Such is human nature.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok, let me explain one method of determining whether or not FOX is biased.

It's quite simple really: Liberals think that FOX is biased towards the right. Conservatives think that FOX isn't biased and is perfectly balanced. Therefore, to me that indicates that FOX is in fact biased towards the right.

This would be the same for any other news source. If both sides think that a source is balanced, then it probably is. If both sides think that a source is biased, as with CNN, then....well.. I haven't figured that out yet.

Now that I've got that of my chest...... How the heck can anyone in their right mind think that FOX isn't biased. How can anyone think that they show both sides of the issues? All of the anchors are conservatives and constantly insert their own little comments and opinions into the news. I don't want to hear some talking head's stupid opinion. I want to hear the news....keep commentary and news separate.

If you want proof that FOX is biased, just watch it! I'll never forget one of the animations I saw them play during the invasion of Iraq. It had an eagle flying across the screen that transformed into an F-15 and shot little laser beams out of it (campy sound effects and all).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join