It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate fox News!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

Originally posted by NWObringer
He said that the Republicans are fully in control of the house and the senate, which maintains the right to make laws, which overrides the checks and balances. I think that's part of the reason politics in the U.S.A are so screwy over here right now.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by NWObringer]

The Supreme Court still exists...they have the final say as to the constitutionality of a law...

You've obviously been watching Fownews. That's the last mountain that is being breeched. OOPS, no accountabillity.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Breeched?...The justice is sick...you think the republicans did that to him on purpose?...Yes it was forseeable that Bush would have to choose atleast 1 justice...so its shouldnt be news to anyone...and by the way...in 4yrs the party lines could switch...and if the repubs do bad...they probably will...so i wouldnt worry much about it....in the USA...everything seems to work itself out in time..

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I used "breeched" because this administration is playing the populous like a millitary operation. History will play this out. Sorry you got played but they're good at it.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Like I said...In America things like this work themselves out...no-one group will become too powerful in our lifetime...too many people are acting like this is the end of the US...i wonder what these people would have said during the racial tension era of the 50's and 60s....

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
i wonder what these people would have said during the racial tension era of the 50's and 60s....

BINGO, same senario and those times were not fun. Add the 70's in for good measure for the Vets and you've got what we are looking at. Forrest Gump was a good movie but living through those times was nasty. Reallity, can't believe we're going to go through it again.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We're still a rather young country and dont have alot of the bugs worked out....give it time my man...all this tension is a good thing...as long as it doesnt turn into mass violence (which is wont)...tension forces politicans to change...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's why you have to get with the metaprogram people.

I still don't understand why the vast majority of ATS members still don't realize that they're constantly being manipulated 24/7!!!

Just read this thread. Please see what all those big media giants are doing. Now I really starting to believe the NWO is here already.

Unfortunately Murdoch has a monopoly of the media in my state (Queensland) so sometimes
i have to listen to BBC Worldservice. Otherwise ATS has the news i'm looking for

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
I have stopped getting the news from the major news sources such as CNN, Fox News...

Ironically, when CNN and Fox News started, they were considered the alternative news sources. (The mainstream news sources were the networks -- ABC, NBC, CBS). Now they're all considered mainstream news sources, and the Internet is considered the alternative news source...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
can't go wrong with Reuters

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, I like Fox News even if I don't enjoy every minute of it. I use the liberal advice for every mass communications insult. I use the mute button and I never tune into stations who routinely insult my intelligence or my sensibilities.

[edit on 04/11/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank God for Fox News, they actually let you know that there are 2 sides to the issue...fox's side and the wrong side. The other Medias only tell you what they want you to know...and they tell you how to think, that brainwashing...On Fox News they don't brainwash people, because people choose fox news, and are not forced to watch it...like the major networks push their agenda to the people that don't have a lot of choices of what channel to watch...in new jersey we have like 800 channels...but in Pennsylvania they still only have like 5 channels.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, I like Fox News even if I don't enjoy every minute of it.

Now there's a news story for a slow day.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fox news is coming to Canada , grumble !!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
Fox news is coming to Canada , grumble !!

Why is this bothersome? Do we not claim to deny ignorance? Fox News does the best job of presenting both side of the issues and it's not Fox's fault that the chips fall where they may. It is my humble opinion that Fox will take Canada by storm and the leftist strangle-hold on the nation's media will be forever compromised and in time, the majority of Canadians will join hands with the majority of Americans and we will raise our voices in harmony to the strains of Beethoven's glorious musical adaptation of Friedrich Schiller's poem of brotherhood:

Ode to Joy

Oh friends, no more of these sad tones!
Let us rather raise our voices together
In more pleasant and joyful tones.
Joy!
Joy, thou shining spark of God,
Daughter of Elysium,
With fiery rapture, goddess,
We approach thy shrine.
Your magic reunites
That which stern custom has parted;
All humans will become brothers
Under your protective wing.
Let the man who has had the fortune
To be a helper to his friend,
And the man who has won a noble woman,
Join in our chorus of jubilation!
Yes, even if he holds but one soul
As his own in all the world!
But let the man who knows nothing of this
Steal away alone and in sorrow.
All the world's creatures drink
From the breasts of nature;
Both the good and the evil
Follow her trail of roses.
She gave us kisses and wine
And a friend loyal unto death;
She gave the joy of life to the lowliest,
And to the angels who dwell with God.
Joyous, as his suns speed
Through the glorious order of Heaven,
Hasten, brothers, on your way,
Joyful as a hero to victory.
Be embraced, all ye millions!
With a kiss for all the world!
Brothers, beyond the stars
Surely dwells a loving Father.
Do you kneel before him, oh millions?
Do you sense the Creator's presence?
Seek him beyond the stars!
He must dwell beyond the stars.

(The libretto of the fourth movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, his adaptation of Schiller's ode to Joy)

[edit on 04/12/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
The only news network that can claim non-partisanship is the BBC.

WHAT!!!! HAAAAA!!!!!!

You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!!! The BBC unbiased? Well, I guess they can CLAIM what ever they want...it doesn't make it true. Their US election coverage was anything BUT unbiased...more like "leaning so far left they fell off the wall"...

But hey, that sure gave me a good laugh!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, when you're calling the BBC non-partisan, and then looking at all the other mainstream media, the scale is so skewed that fox could be quite liberal and be far enough right of the mainstream to appear conservative lol. I really think a lot of people's thinking fox is completely conservative is that they don't have the liberal tinge to their commentary so it seems different then our concept of what the mainstream has been for so long. I'm sure you can come up with a few statements made by their anchors that could be taken conservative, noone can be objective 100 percent of the time. But I would say comparatively they do a much better job then the other networks of showing both sides EQUALLY. Yes CNN and the others show both sides, but the conservative angle usually seems like more of an afterthought. On fox I hear the conservative side, and I hear the liberal side usually beyond the point where I've heard enough and want to change the channel lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't think that Fox has ever claimed that their people are unbiased. In fact, bias is a human trait that must be controlled, as scientists build controls for bias into experiments. It is Fox News' coverage that is "Fair and Balanced" and I don't think anyone can claim that Fox does not give the left wing its voice. Susan Estrich, Greta van Susteren, Geraldine Ferrara, Ellis Henican, Alan Colmes, Mara Liasson and Juan Williams are but a few of the liberals who are either Fox News analysts, contributors or frequent guests.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think all the networks lean to the left or to the right. Most of them to the left, but Fox to the right. I don't think any of them (at least the American ones) lean very far in either direction, but just enough to get you to generally favor their respective sides.

I don't really watch any of the networks anymore myself...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don�t know why people get so worked up over the bias of our news stations. It�s obvious that most at Fox news are pro republican as all you have to do is listen to any of their stories. I mean John Gibson is so far to the right it�s almost comical to see how he can spin a bad news story for the republicans into a good point. On the other hand, if you watch any of the other news outlets they are obviously leaning towards the left. It was humorous to watch Dan Rather descend into madness, on election night, as the results were coming in. You could tell it took everything he had not to just jump at the camera and call �half� of America complete morons (or is it morans). While most seem to find this type of bias in our media troublesome, I disagree. I believe that this is the best case scenario for our world. We need this bias in order to keep things in check. It really alarmed me, a while back, when Clear Channel was buying up all of the media outlets. Do you really want all of your media coming from, essentially, one source. You need to exercise your mind and get your stories from more than one outlet. It�s really not that hard, in my opinion, to cut through the bull and get to the true facts of a story.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I love how this thread has turned into who leans more left or more right. Once again, we are forced to choose sides. When are you guys gonna' realize that choosing a side is giving up? I also love that when someone disagrees with a conservative view, they get labelled "liberal" or "left-wing". Can you stop and think for a second? Just because someone disagrees with what's going on doesn't mean they are a democratic supporter or can even be labelled at all.

If you think Fox is any sort of a reliable new source, please watch Outfoxed a documentary which interviews many ex-employees and analyzes on-air and behind the scene statements by reporters, writers and executives. It contains plenty of memos intended for employees, that are blatantly telling the reporters to spin something very specifically one way or another.

Outfoxed

I'm not saying CNN or anyone else is any better. I'm just saying that the research is there detailing Fox's inaccurate or rather "biased" betrayal of current events, especially politics. The media is the biggest industry in America (aside from banking) and if any of you can sit here and say that there isn't large scale corruption due to the billions of dollars, then you need to open your eyes. Every corner of corporate America has so much backdoor beauracracy and hand shaking, it's ridiculous. Martha Stewart goes to jail for obstruction related to the insider knowledge of a stock performance, yet we are all subjected to the propaganda best suiting each media giant's bank account with Rupert Murdoch and Ted Turner walking free.

They're all screwed up, period. Oh yeah and just because someone hates Bush or Republicans, doesn't make them "liberal" or "left-wing", it makes them a person desiring change, that's all. So stop bashing people that just want to see a progression of happiness and success for all Americans and a mutual respect for our neighbors around the world. People aren't upset because things are going great, they're upset because things have gotten so bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join