It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Likely the whistleblower and journos will be charged. That seems to be the flavour of the month in the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The problems with terrorist is that only those that are low key or no financed by big foreign "interest" are the only ones that you get to hear been boasted and used by the propaganda machine to tell how good our intelligence gathering is, occurs downplayed for our national security so we only hear rumors.

But those that are indeed professionals of what they do can go behind the backs of the "impressive and reliable intelligence agencies to do their deeds, does 9/11 ring a bell?

See, if our intelligence gathering was so great such an elaborated and well finance terrorist plot like the one behind 9/11 would have been spotted right away.

But it didn't happen, now with all the intelligent gathering in our nation after the 9/11 the Benghazi incident would have been avoided before hand, it didn't happen.

How about the Boston bombers, they were not even in the ranks of experts.

Unless our corporate run government is very selective on what kind of information they take seriously or they have better fish to catch with the common American citizens personal and private information.

It smells like corruption and is must be corruption and corporate interest is all over it.

edit on 6-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You mean like antivirus companies? Kaspersky had his kid kidnapped when he leaked STUXnet. Then you had McAfee who was targeted to be killed in South America, accused of killing a US military guy who was his neighbor and fake stories of being child molester drug user until he returned to the US and it has been all quiet since.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

With the vendettaa that our president has shown when it comes to Whistleblowers I have to agree with you, it seems that from all the past administration this one hate them the most.

I can only imagine what "the abuse of powers using the IRS and District attorneys will do to with this ones" but then again we also have "secret courts and secret jails".

With the patriot act they can be considered no only none Americans but also none humans.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Gov't doing this whole internet thing...is a good way to scare many people away from sites like this one, other sites that offer open forums that don't agree with the Gov't........

Sounds to me like this is just part of a grand scheme to throw this country in to a reoccurring, permanent, surreal episode of Revolution.

And if this is their way of silencing their critics...this critic will not be silenced. Scare me all you want Uncle Stan....only death will silence my right to free speech.
edit on 6/6/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just made up my mind, definitely gonna get a PS4, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I told people that Susan Rice was not the story. People were blind and could not see the forest because of the trees. Tom Donilon was the story. Really his family. His wife and brother also. They controlled all data given to the President. Vice President and the Vice Presidents wife. And now we have a huge NSA leak all over the place.

There are many more stories today. Hell day for the government. 6-6-2013 2+0+1+3=6. Some body likes numbers. Saudi Family directly tied to 9-11 hijackers. CIA agent was teacher for Dartmouth Brian Glyn Williams specializing in suicide bombers and Chechen Rebels and was in contact with Boston Bombers.
edit on 6-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

@OP,

Thanks for making a thread on this. Can't believe it only has 18 flags (at the time I am posting), but then it doesn't involve aliens or gun control, and apparently people don't see the tie to Obama either.

The irony is that the government wants this to be a super-secret program, and not provide any information on it to the populace, and only very little to Congress, but the government thinks it has the right to all information on us.

If you aren't already encrypting e-mails and you internet traffic, and you aren't yet using a proxy server, then start doing so. I'd also say start encrypting everything on your computer because as I understand it the NSA and FBI are using software that can go onto a persons computer to snoop and even use the web cam.

I'd also say that every Democratic, Republican and Independent congressperson who supports this crap should be voted out of office. The Left and the Right and the center need to get together on this and take back our country. This is a very pressing issue that is a bigger deal than most of the political issues that divide us.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

The technology companies, which participate knowingly in PRISM operations, include most of the dominant global players of Silicon Valley. They are listed on a roster that bears their logos in order of entry into the program: “Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.” PalTalk, although much smaller, has hosted significant traffic during the Arab Spring and in the ongoing Syrian civil war.

Dropbox , the cloud storage and synchronization service, is described as “coming soon.”

Back to back disclosure concerning the government harvesting citizens' data, up until now, officials questioned "under oath" about gathering data on US folks denied it was happening..

And, we have member of Congress, on both sides of the political spectrum saying, "don't worry, it's nothing new, in fact it's been going on for years... "

I think this could finally be the point that the left and right unite and rid our government of the folks who allowed this, and to some extent accept it..

Unite? I doubt it. The question I have is why. We know who the media serves. Why feed us this now?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Tom Donilon with held critical data from the President during the election waiting to see who won?David Petraeus’s affair. The girl friend Broadwell worked for Tom at the NSA to spy on Petraeus.

Congress and Reporters spied on by the NSA. Tom Donilon.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

"Everyone should just calm down and understand this isn't anything that is brand new,'' said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.), who added that the phone-data program has "worked to prevent'' terrorist attacks.

No ...Sherlock. But now the MSM watching/reading public knows!
Obama(I mean Bush v2.0) and co. defense, as typical to prevent terror attacks.

Thursday the existence of the previously undisclosed program, which was described as providing the NSA and FBI direct access to server systems operated by tech companies that include Google Inc., Apple Inc., Facebook Inc., Yahoo Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Skype.

Source

Ah, what do you know.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I guess if the corrupted morons repeat themselves long enough they will make believe that is all for the good of nation and pass it on to the public to believe too.

Spying on Americans is to stop terrorist attacks, I guess we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan by mistake because obviously the terrorist are within common Americans hard working tax payers and we should be invading ourselves.

We have a nation run by morons that thinks we Americans are as moron as they are.

This is despicable shame and politicians that agree with this mantra are nothing but traitors.

And I hope the crap we call the NSA is reading everything I am writing and telling this back to the morons in Washington.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wonder of the IRS got the NSA data, to help them go after the Tea Party Terrorists.

They must have listened in to some Tea Party conversations, and found out they were illegally diverting tax monies towards their terrorist activities.

Different government departments are required to cooperate these days, and "share information", that's the whole reason for DHS.

edit on 6-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KingErik

I can only say that plausible as the Obama administration used the IRS to gather information on whistle blowers that one of the request were to get the NSA to provide records of conversations also.

Darn this is like living the Nixon era all over again.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingErik

The NSA is above all and does not have to share even with the President. Remember the Petreaus affair. He did not tell the President because he wanted to wait to see who won first. And Petreaus girl friend was Paula Broadwell a NSA agent spying on the CIA. .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Soon we will all end up with one of these and will not be able to talk about this any more.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe they released this info because it's the 64th anniversary of George Orwell's 1984.Sort of a "hey, we're here now". Next up, the white house to install memory holes and a Ministry of Truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Metatronin

Hillary wanted a 24 hr news channel to broad cast world wide from the BBG as the ministry of US Government Propaganda of truth. She even came up with a budget for it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I remember a few years ago when information about hidden NSA codes in Microsoft software disappeared off the Internet, that it must be true that the NSA could spy on any connected computer and watch what you are watching and even peak inside your pc. I heard all phone calls were being recorded within the US at least a few years ago. I never heard any government official say they were stopping any of it so I assumed they are accumulating a lot of information on everyone. I guess as far as our government is concerned, we are all potential terrorists worth monitoring. I even saw one agency with a sign in God we trust, all others we monitor. I just can't remember where I saw this.

Years ago I decided most Americans do not even care. Many post all kinds of stuff online.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by IAMTAT

@OP,

Thanks for making a thread on this. Can't believe it only has 18 flags (at the time I am posting), but then it doesn't involve aliens or gun control, and apparently people don't see the tie to Obama either.

The irony is that the government wants this to be a super-secret program, and not provide any information on it to the populace, and only very little to Congress, but the government thinks it has the right to all information on us.

If you aren't already encrypting e-mails and you internet traffic, and you aren't yet using a proxy server, then start doing so. I'd also say start encrypting everything on your computer because as I understand it the NSA and FBI are using software that can go onto a persons computer to snoop and even use the web cam.

I'd also say that every Democratic, Republican and Independent congressperson who supports this crap should be voted out of office. The Left and the Right and the center need to get together on this and take back our country. This is a very pressing issue that is a bigger deal than most of the political issues that divide us.

So your saying encrypting will work? If so I will learn how to do this. I teach at this time in my life and have nothing to hide but its already annoying enough to google something or buy something online only to get a bunch of pop ups for more of the same. Imagine having them know that you looked up what to do for xyz...(anything personal). When I was working on my masters I was leary yet had to risk it to go on sites that might get me tagged as a criminal (it was on human trafficking and I was able to do some interviews with some nepharious characters). I have zero clue why but I had a detective show up to ask if I had a gun. To this day I don't know why I was questioned (he was really nice and clearly knew he was going down the wrong path in questioning me so I guess I was fortunate in not fitting any profile).

I'm already careful to not get to carried away due to red flags when typing on here because I assure you this site is monitored (think of the kidnapping case of Madeleine McCann and the guy who was monitored on this site as one example). I want to believe this place is anonymous and behave as it is because it's an outlet for me - to be unguarded (somewhat), adventurous in my thinking, and to explore things that interest me without judgement. It is unsettling to know there really is no true anonymity anywhere on the net but now even on the phone or emails?

I want to know, if they get to watch all of us can we watch them too? Will the surveillance people be watching them or do they get a free pass to have their privacy protected. And what if the surveillance teams are infiltrated by terrorists? From my perspective our intelligence is not too intelligent on this matter. It's just a way to get people to adhere to a way of speaking, walking, interacting, etc. It's the beginning of ultimate control (look up paranoia and see where it lands people - it can be used as a way to control behavior).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join