It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
With the pace the world is changing, I hate to say it, I am horrified what the world will look like when my 3 year old is "pursuing his happiness". These headlines are, to say the least, frightening.

When I speculate what 30 years from now will look like, all I can picture is a "dark and corporate setting".

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
I think many people are missing the bigger questions? Why are we seeing story after story all along the same lines?

Something is up fellow members of ATS and readers across the world. Something is very wrong with this picture. If I was to venture a guess I would say they know something even bigger and are testing the waters to see just how we will react.

Just take the last month and ask yourself if this is normal? My gut tells me something is not right.

I must agree with you. I have this "feeling" that something's up too. But, is it just me or do the majority of our fellow countrymen/women simply not care? Maybe, everyone is too busy paying bills and feeding their families to care

I can't put my finger on it yet, but something as you stated is "very wrong" indeed.

I want "ALL" my freedoms back...every last one of them!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Your not alone I too feel betrayed and let down as if I have droned in the Obama aid er kool aid, but then again it is all Bushes fault for this, for he is the one whom in 2000 gave the NSA the nod and on/in 2001 gave Cheney full power to see it put to use.

Obama is just going along for the ride, you don't think he's really in charge do you? the POTUS is a show man, not one of power nor authority, but is told what to say when to say and how to act, the real power heads are behind the scenes... NSA is just one branch of a big tree that is in need of a good old fashion trimming, and no one has a saw nor ax sharp enough to trim it.

As far as I know it would not matter who won the election, it would still be the same mes only difference is we wold be in a new war, a Mitt war, an Iran war.

Obama at least wants a no blood shed war. Just pay attention to what you post er say.... for the 2nd 1st 4th and 5th amendments are under attack if the 22nd should fall, then it will be King Obama and we will all need to know how to bow and kneel. What is going on no is just the tip of the spear before long say or post anything anti GOV fed or POTUS, one way trip to Git mo. or Git mo type camp.

edit on 8-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Oh and I can't help but share my thoughts on the idiots claiming, "If you're not doing anything wrong, who cares?"

It's a thing called privacy! It's human nature!

This is why we have doors on our homes!

That's like saying, " HEY! If you're not doing anything wrong in that bathroom, then leave the door open!!"

PUHLEASE!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sefhinny

It's all good until you dissent.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
WOW, I'm surprised,

That so many of YOU are shocked and surprised!

Sorry but this isn't even news, seriously,

Where ya been?

They've been Spying on Americans and "people, or let's get truthful, undesirables" for Eons, and for the rest they "monitor" it's a thing called "Marketing", all government has ever had to do IF they so chose is to tap into the marketing records, if they wanted to know personal details...from the grocery cards you use to the credit card receipts to banking to even your utility....

Ok so now they scan phone calls...they always have, it's I think, looking for key words. I do know the Russians were hired, hackers, etc (it was covered in one of the Russian magazines a long while back, in Russia) to scour records looking for "potential threats" etc.,

But as for all the spying, etc., well maybe it's because of how they've Criminalized the homeless and indigenous populations that this doesn't surprise me in the least, so maybe I'm just hardened to it. But, to be frank...

They don't even NEED any info, IF they want to target you, arrest you, kill you....shoot they don't need info or any other thing. They just DO it,

They'll MAKE UP SOMETHING, they good at that, they DON'T CARE,

I think people get Shocked because they truly believe that government is this good, just, moral entity that is just Recently become evil,

WRONG...they've ALWAYS been evil.

So, as to the gov all of a sudden "spying" on their Slaves, nah, they've always done that when needed, but now,

As to following a large segment of movement to utilize that into a much larger manipulative game plan,

THAT I could believe, so I would question more, not that they are spying, like big shocker there....NOT,

But, why they are now rushing the spying, and with Verizon, etc? What they Really up to?

That's what I'd be looking at, this is not about them hunting individuals, they ALREADY do that, oh no...

This is about Something else sinister they have planned, either they are monitoring gun sales or something along Those lines,

And the. There is the debt min g too, collecters have been spying and Verizon is one of the worst, as for Facebook and those like them, they bully dissenters off with cyber terrorism and psyops, etc., or go after those that get a mass following or have the Potential to,

As for other reasons, the Only thing I could think of, besides them seeking gun info, is that they are getting the Trains ready...and will begin taking any who are not...

Braindead and love big brother...the educated, etc., that's what they DO in genocides and Dissappearances,

And That, well, big shocker there, NOT.

I use to say, well still do...IF you have a regime that TRAINS and Props up Murdering thugs who torch kids in the streets, for example Pinochet of Chile, in the day...

Do you NOT THINK, that ONE DAY...this machine WON'T

Do the same to YOU/US when WE are no longer convenient to them?

The Governemnt is like a PIMP...they feed you and clothe you and drug you, of course beating and raping you at the same time, but Once you're not a Profitable sale to them anymore

Off to de alley dumpster or Vegas desert ya go....

So, surprised,

Nah,

More surprised they've waited This long, to start loading us onto the trains....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

edit on 8-6-2013 by sefhinny because: BC I feel like an as*hole lol

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

I am heartily sick of this "I told you so, no big shock *yawn*" stuff people are coming out with. It's becoming so ubiquitous amongst those who've done everything everyone's told them to their whole lives without question and is being used as a brick bat to make the rest of us accept this. If I was the paranoid type, I'd think it was a co-ordinated government campaign to try and force people into lying down and accepting it through sheer peer pressure.

Make no mistake, this is massive. Never has a country spied on its own and other countries citizens to this extent. Never in history. Of course most of us knew this was happening, we're not morons, but not to this extent.

The breadth of this is incredibly disturbing and if you are a sentient human being you *should* be disturbed. This is raw, unfettered power and no government, right or left, will ever do away with it. It's why people become politicians, to have so much power at the end of their fingertips.

So don't give me this "Oh, we always knew it was happening, *yawn*' crap, it is so bloody obnoxious. You should be disturbed and you should be angry. WTF is wrong with people?
edit on 8-6-2013 by Archie because: clarity

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny

You clearly aren't comprehending what my post said...

It was just an add-on, really.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Archie because: and i'm just really f'king pissed off...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Oh my God...This has just been released through the Washington Post. On the heels of the Guardian in UK breaking the story of the Obama administration's NSA forcing Verizon to secretly hand over the phone records of over 100 million American citizens...comes THIS, which looks to make the Verizon story look minuscule by comparison.

I have to agree with the New York Times...The Obama Administration HAS now lost all credibility!

This is so funny. What in the world are they going to do with and how are they going to process so much information? And what are the parameters for the 100 million? There is not even the vaguest hint that 100 million phone customers could be involved in any dam thing that would involve national security.

Besides this anyone who has anything to say that may be of question is going to be using code now if not certainly already.

Nope, this is about getting ahold of the collective mind of the average citizens for purposes of manipulation. Spooky higher invisible powers, godlike in nature and quality are watching and listing to you soccer mom. Those giant cell phone towers you see everywhere are this worlds new stone god edifice.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny

You clearly aren't comprehending what my post said...

It was just an add-on, really.

Apologies.... I CLEARLY wasn't comprehending... Time for bed I guess

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

This is so funny. What in the world are they going to do with and how are they going to process so much information? And what are the parameters for the 100 million? There is not even the vaguest hint that 100 million phone customers could be involved in any dam thing that would involve national security.

Algorithms, many, many algorithms. I imagine they'll only draw out particular subsets of data that are salient at particular times and when given situations occurring. Most of it will sit there until it gets caught up in one of their searches.

Nope, this is about getting ahold of the collective mind of the average citizens for purposes of manipulation. Spooky higher invisible powers, godlike in nature and quality are watching and listing to you soccer mom. Those giant cell phone towers you see everywhere are this worlds new stone god edifice.

Behaviour modification. Correct.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Archie because: clarity

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

And i'm f'king pissed off, so, snap, buddy. Sleep well.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I really think time is running out on putting a stop to these things. Americans of all political affiliations need to unite and say "enough". We are witnessing a cold and calculated plan to destroy the very foundations of this country. We need to educate those who don't understand and start making our voices heard before it's too late.

I remember the night Obama got elected the 1st time I felt a deep profound sadness. I've never felt that after an election and it was something deeper than "the other guy won". It was almost like my spirit was tapping into something and letting me know I was witnessing the beginnings of a terrible time for America and the world. I think we are only now learning about the tip of the iceberg of what is truly going on behind the scenes. I think the walls will continue to come down simply because some on the inside are seeing things that have made them very afraid for our future. I hope these individuals will continue to be brave and get all of the story out.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join