It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW YORK TIMES: The Obama Administration 'Has Now Lost All Credibility'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The Obama Administration?

How about the entire government? Look at all the freedoms the government is taking away, they know what is coming.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I don't think so. With all due respect, I must disagree.

Obama has "screwed the pooch" on this one. Sure, blame Bush *yawn* but this has been done since 08 so it's really old hat and people are tired of hearing our CnC blame someone else.

They have screwed up.

The democrats are the party of Big Brother. (I know it's also republicans as well) but it's going to stick on the democrats like a new dog poo accidently stepped upon on your way to work!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To each their own, I suppose.
But this is the rhetoric Obama is already drawing on. Today he said, "when this was happening five or six years ago, I didn't see so many complaining" (paraphrase).

Team Obama's next move is to attack this issue vociferously while ignoring the other issues. They are gonna hound home the fact that the PATRIOT act was drafted under Bush and hope the other events fade away. Santa Monica wasn't the false flag, this is.

We may disagree on how it plays out, but surely you can see the approach they're gonna take, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by beezzer

To each their own, I suppose.
But this is the rhetoric Obama is already drawing on. Today he said, "when this was happening five or six years ago, I didn't see so many complaining" (paraphrase).

Team Obama's next move is to attack this issue vociferously while ignoring the other issues. They are gonna hound home the fact that the PATRIOT act was drafted under Bush and hope the other events fade away. Santa Monica wasn't the false flag, this is.

We may disagree on how it plays out, but surely you can see the approach they're gonna take, right?

Absolutely.

But here's where they screwed up.

Obama has demonized the Bush administration for 5 years now. When they attribute something that THEY are doing that was initiated by the Bush Administration it'll show the Obama Administration as weak, with no direction (except for that of a previous president) and something that they also signed off on. I mean, Obama IS president, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I guess we would have never known since they were told to stand down...

By that logic, they should have went in and maybe no lives would have been lost. The argument goes either way in this case.

I have my opinions and you have yours.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You geniuses said the same thing about Bush. People on this site are more brainwashed than the average Obama supporting loser.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed.
It is definitely a pickle for the administration.
I just feel as if this is all a calculated move. They GOTTA get the eyes off the IRS scandal. This may be able to do it. And even if the Blame Bush approach fails, he can still beat the "I did it for the good of the nation" drum.

I mean, it worked when they passed the PATRIOT act to begin with.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

NEW YORK TIMES: The Obama Administration 'Has Now Lost All Credibility'

www.businessinsider.com

Mr. Obama clearly had no intention of revealing this eavesdropping, just as he would not have acknowledged the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen, had it not been reported in the press. Even then, it took him more than a year and a half to acknowledge the killing, and he is still keeping secret the protocol by which he makes such decisions.
We are not questioning the legality under the Patriot Act of the court order disclosed by The Guardian. But we strongly object to using that power in this manner. It is the very sort of thing against which Mr. Obama once railed, when he said i
(visit the link for the full news article)

The administration has now lost all credibility.
The administration has now lost all credibility. Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it.Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it.

www.nytimes.com...

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
edit on 6-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: Link added

I think you left out part. The part where it says "on this issue."

Why do people feel they have to misrepresent what's said to make a point. For me you lose all credibility when you do this.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
One thing is for true though...
Democrats who do not totally separate themselves from Obama NOW are totally screwed come next election cycle.

If I were a Republicon I would be splicing sound bytes RIGHT NOW illustrating Obama's hypocrisy.

"Me and my team are gonna go over every executive order Bush ever signed and if we feel they are unconstitutional, we are gonna over turn them."

Then cut to his remarks today defending an EXPANSION of the patriot act and OPEN SPYING on the American people.

Dems are dead in the water with this one. The left has no choice but to oppose him here.

Something else he said today that was interesting.
He said, "look, I will be leaving this office SOMETIME WITHIN the next 3.5 years."

Republicans don't have to use the "I" word. Obama knows it is coming. And in such, expect an uptick in the racism allegations. It provides a shield against impeachment if they do. They could provoke unrest. Quite literally.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

There was no misrepresentation, that was what was originally written. For some reason the paper thought, after a couple of hours, that it would be in their best interest to change it, so they did.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
WOW

iv made like three foes from this thread alone!!!!!!!

im not an "obama" supporter ... i just think your all in some brain washed hysteria

BTW - you lot need to be careful in what and how you articulate what you hate about obama
because... the next president... could get confused about what you really want

no healthcare, camp cuba remaining open, severe snooping, etcetc
all this in exchange....for a group of old republicans to stop being stubborn

seems like a big price...for something an american should do anyway

you can have it all.... but the industry influence is all over this thread

one of the most genuine presidents...who got into the job for all the right reasons... worked his way up..and is trying to hand america back to the people

sorry...but i just dont see what you lot do....

has the media instilled this... or are these the facts

you know my answer

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If I were a Republicon I would be splicing sound bytes RIGHT NOW illustrating Obama's hypocrisy.

typical!

instead of finding a good representative

lets just bash the competiton... and win by default!

hasnt worked in 10 years...but what do i know

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Good.
They can keep their damn health care. Have you seen that stupid effing bill?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Notice the term "republicon".
My personal beliefs don't come into play here, friend.

I am speaking on the reality of politics here in Amerika

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Good.
They can keep their damn health care. Have you seen that stupid effing bill?

ok..i`l take your word that its stupid

but the point

what do you think the intentions were?

the point of a dmocracy is that
we all agree the intention
and we all HELP make it happen...not point fingers...but offer assistance as a citizen

this is the beautiful democracy and age we live in...dont miss it by losing focus!!

i got to add

noone in the world understands

why your against free healthcare
why you like guns soo much

looking at these two facts...then someone, somewhere wants people to die.... obama...mathematically...fought this head on

and all hes seeing is people hating him

i dont get it...i dont think i ever will
all it needs is articulation

why?... because when you can articulate... you will shed the hypnotic trance your in

but yea...i like republicans... but they are soo stubborn,
and death seems like an acceptable loss... but, money does not!

someone articulate please... i need to understand the hysteria

peace
edit on 8-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I think they never had any credibility to begin with...

Most of the time with a new president I try to keep a "open mind", but I had a bad feeling about Obama and Holder from day one.

-SAP-

I agree with everything you have said regarding this.

There is no Credibility whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In the end sadly the last supporters of Obama will be Republicans...the Left is chumming & cutting bait so hard it will make your head spin! (see NY Times & Politico).

They are on to their next messiah & it's not George W. Obama...will predict Obama will have McCain, Lindsay Graham & maybe Saxby Chambliss in his corner at the end supporting that Patriot Act to the death. They can all go golfing before Marine 1 rides off into the sunset...to Chicago or Kenya - wherever he came from.

edit on 7-6-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
ok you want a new president next term...i dont get it

but listen up reps....this is how you use logic!

beating the man...highly improbable

destroying his image... this will have an adverse effect...support will grow

my advice...dont "fight" the man

leave him....

side step past him

and most importantly..stop with these bs stories blaming the president for people dying in a war zone

im tired
edit on 8-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

My opinion is he will impeached over the IRS ordeal.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
The New York Times? Then it is over. If this isn't too far off topic, what does this do to the 2014 elections? Does Obama lose the Senate?

And, does Obama have the power to get anything significant through Congress anymore, or is he functionally, retired?

Well he can still resort to his best power grab...Executive Orders

And he still has Hollywood, or most of it, as some of them are even speaking out.
edit on 8-6-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join