It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW YORK TIMES: The Obama Administration 'Has Now Lost All Credibility'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com

Mr. Obama clearly had no intention of revealing this eavesdropping, just as he would not have acknowledged the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen, had it not been reported in the press. Even then, it took him more than a year and a half to acknowledge the killing, and he is still keeping secret the protocol by which he makes such decisions.
We are not questioning the legality under the Patriot Act of the court order disclosed by The Guardian. But we strongly object to using that power in this manner. It is the very sort of thing against which Mr. Obama once railed, when he said i
(visit the link for the full news article)

The administration has now lost all credibility.
The administration has now lost all credibility. Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it.Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it.

www.nytimes.com...

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
edit on 6-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by IAMTAT because: Link added

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
THIS is serious for President Obama.
We're not talking about Fox News or Breitbart here...THIS is the editorial board of the NEW YORK TIMES...criticizing the Obama administration over this latest burgeoning administration scandal...the collection of millions of Verizon customers' phone records.

Is the honeymoon truly over for Barack Obama & 'The Old Grey Lady'? Is divorce next?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I think they never had any credibility to begin with...

Most of the time with a new president I try to keep a "open mind", but I had a bad feeling about Obama and Holder from day one.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

iv got two answers:

1) no it hasnt

2) so they hope!

peace and god bless the obama administration for trying to fix the public sector... but i guess money talks... to some

peace
edit on 6-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

peace and god bless the obama administration for trying to fix the public sector... but i guess money talks... to some

peace

Do you mean "fix"...as in castrate? If so, then I agree with you.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

are you sure there isnt any private sector, industry sabotage?

if so, then its got nothing to do with the president

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Emphasis on the New York Times article would probably have been better because it's a more respected source and the originating source of the Business Insider article. That said, the fact that the New York Times published such a piece is pretty interesting. Article is very good and raises some significant questions and concerns that I think do need to be voiced by what is one of the most venerated newspapers in the US. After all, they hold the record for winning 112 Pulitzers. Fantastic editorial piece.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Its really past time for Bama to be impeached, along with his entire cabinet, and charged with treason.

Rogue government regimes like Bamas shouldnt be being tolerated.

edit on 6/6/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

the difference between obama and bush

its the media that tell us obamas a failure

for bush...people had to argue the case

would be nice if NYtimes alllowed people to make the choice, instead of them harping on like the right wing.

shame on them for calling the whole administration a failure... overnight.. over one sensitive issue

tut tut

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

As we all know this is President Obama's last term in office; so...all the doors are being opened...revealing the good, the bad and the ugly that is going on within the federal government.

I suspect before all this is over...more is going to be revealed...and it may be more disturbing than what has been revealed thus far.

edit on 6-6-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

are you sure there isnt any private sector, industry sabotage?

if so, then its got nothing to do with the president

I'm not republican or democrat I flat out don't trust any of them, so don't see this as a partisan attack.

I can't help, but notice all the republicans on ATS fully admit Bush was a tyrant, but no matter what evidence comes against Obama democrats will not see he's a over reaching power crazed liar.

Just like Bush, Obama is a horrible president, why won't dems see this?
edit on 6-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Even though I was hoping for Ron Paul, Obama won. I had an open mind as I was hoping that whoever took the reigns would be able to at least fix something. Then Obama didn't fall through, I was sure Ron Paul would win this time around with his Revolution campaign and common sense. Nope. Obama once again won. And this time, I knew he wouldn't do jack except make promises and "look cool".

Of course I knew from day one, that it didn't matter who you voted on. I was just hoping that something would change for the better and that maybe, just MAYBE a person with the right mindset (Ron Paul) would get voted in. I knew better, I really did. I knew he didn't stand a chance because he's not a patsy. But still, I hoped.

Obama has failed the United States. His "fixes" aren't fixes, just band-aids that make an ugly cut look OK while the wound hidden beneath the temporary fix continues to worsen.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
For our brothers and sisters who solely use the mainstream media as the looking glass into the world, this is a heaven sent criticism!!

This public exposé will, undoubtedly, awaken more awareness about the state of our world.

Peace.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

the difference between obama and bush

its the media that tell us obamas a failure

for bush...people had to argue the case

would be nice if NYtimes alllowed people to make the choice, instead of them harping on like the right wing.

shame on them for calling the whole administration a failure... overnight.. over one sensitive issue

Question................How is it that you defend Obama, (just guessing here, but most likely you hated Bush) when Obama has done nothing more than "Progress" the United States towards the same NWO that Bush talked about? What I am trying to say and portray, is the FACT that the same people whom hated Bush, are now the SAME people whom support a President whom has done nothing more than move "forward" the framework of globalism that Bush and Clinton set up???????

Please explain! BTW! Is Lindsey Graham a progressive? Because he and John McCain are the best examples I can give anyone whom believes that there is one bit of difference (other than dividing the American sheep) between the two parties..........

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Question................How is it that you defend Obama, (just guessing here, but most likely you hated Bush) when Obama has done nothing more than "Progress" the United States towards the same NWO that Bush talked about? What I am trying to say and portray, is the FACT that the same people whom hated Bush, are now the SAME people whom support a President whom has done nothing more than move "forward" the framework of globalism that Bush and Clinton set up???????

move forward!!?

he put the plans in place
they were achievable, realistic plans

now...you tell me who stopped it from moving forward?

i blame the house of reps
and the private industry

both just happen to be mostly republican

democrats seem to think empowering the people is the way forward
republican industry seems to not

Please explain! BTW! Is Lindsey Graham a progressive? Because he and John McCain are the best examples I can give anyone whom believes that there is one bit of difference (other than dividing the American sheep) between the two parties..........

theres a big difference... your preconcieved percptions dont let you see it

look at governance....not industry

bush was a war president...if he was not...you would have seen it clearly

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I agree with you about john mccain, lindsey graham - and look at the cartwheels christie is doing to get closer to obozo!

There is no difference between the donkeys and the elephants.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Just like Bush, Obama is a horrible president, why won't dems see this?
edit on 6-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

democrats are pragmatic

republicans are activists

just a perception

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Geeee ... ya' think? To the NYT ... no kidding. A lot of us knew Obama had no credibility
before he was even elected the first time. But nice to see that you finally figured it out.
Now the trick is ... don't get fooled again.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

2nd

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

move forward!!?

he put the plans in place
they were achievable, realistic plans

now...you tell me who stopped it from moving forward?

i blame the house of reps
and the private industry

both just happen to be mostly republican

democrats seem to think empowering the people is the way forward
republican industry seems to not

theres a big difference... your preconcieved percptions dont let you see it

look at governance....not industry

bush was a war president...if he was not...you would have seen it clearly

What about when democrats had both the house, and the senate what's your excuse during that time?

Democrats don't care about the poor they're corporate whores exactly like republicans. They just spin it differently,I think you know this your just trolling no one is that blind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join