It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shoots My Dog, $1800 Fine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Dianec

It would be nice to know how to break up a dog fight too. In general. Hate seein that go down.

Me to. I think im going to research that out of curiosity now that you mention it.

And maybe what to do if a dog charges you. Ill look that one up. I know what to do with a bear or mountain lion but oddly - not a dog. Probably because unless it has rabies or has been raised to be aggressive dogs don't attack people (and not even in the cases mentioned). Still probably useful info.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Ok I was wrong because evidently there are many dog attacks annually. So it truly is useful to know how to behave around an angry dog. I really hate the thought of hurting it so this link gives a good idea of how to not cause harm if you want to ward off an attack humanely. And of course, other links refer to pit bulls in their examples and this one did not!

m.wikihow.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

This really is beyond you ,isn't it. You said there was no point contacting the press .
Given,every single incident I posted was completely different,chances of there being one just like this,is slim,but notif the op did contact the press .
Animals attack animals ,all the time . Just watch judge Judy .
My point was,which I proved,is that cops do this all the time,and get away with it.
If the morons go into the wrong home and shoot the wrong dog ,I dare say they are told to just shoot dogs on sight .
I would bet money the cop here ,wasn't attacked at all ,and shot the dog anyway ,that's why I would go to the press.
The op should go to the facebook I posted ,and ask for help ,as this disregard for animals ,by 95% of the alleged people trying to keep the peace,needs to stop .
Goodbyebruce

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
You said there was no point contacting the press .

Where did I say that? Try actually reading a thread you are commenting on, as I never said that at all.

Still waiting to see where a policeman was charged for shooting a dog that had just killed another one....

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

So here's the deal. Basically I'm pretty mad they just decided to shoot the dog but I'm willing to give the police officer the benefit of the doubt about that because of the dogs breed, which is pitbull. Let me say that the dog was the nicest dog around and we have never had a problem with him ever. He was nice to other dogs, and people his entire life, even to the point of being docile. So anyway, heres the story....

We put the dog in the back yard on a chain with a collar that has spikes in it that tightens as he pulls. He somehow escapes his collar and runs around the neighborhood. This isn't the first time hes gotten loose. He usually just runs around the neighborhood untill one of our neighbors brings him back. So... apparently, one of the neighbors had a rottweiler that was also loose by accident. So allegedly my pit killed the rottweiler and when the police arrived the dog went after the police officer and the police officer shot the dog.

I think the officer was quick to act based off of the history and nature of the dog but you never know. But this isn't it, this isn't the worst part of the story it gets better. Today in the mail we recieved a $1800 fine from the local magistrates office that we now have to pay. Can you believe that? They are fining us $1800 dollars after killing our dog. I think the rottweiler is a more aggressive breed and i think the dog attacked my dog. I also think the police officer was quick to shoot. I just can't believe it.

You sound irresponsible and are the cause of your dogs death and that of the other dog. People like you have caused pit bulls to earn a bad rep and many have been killed as a result. You deserve the fine.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Good. Next time keep your dog contained, or it may be a much larger lawsuit when your dog mauls a small child. The entitlement your post reeks of is nauseating.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hate to see anyone lose their dog, particularly under these circumstances.

Pit bulls are illegal in the U.K. for a very good reason. If they decide to attack, they can and have, killed people and other dogs.

Just wondering,....Presumably in the U.S. you have to have public liability insurance cover for all eventualities, owning this type of dog ?
edit on 7-6-2013 by MrJohnSmith because: Spelling error.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by kdyam

So you live in a ghetto neighborhood where people breed mean rottweilers but you own a sugar plum pacifist of a pitbull? That sounds like total B.S.

Who said ghetto neighborhood? I live in a city, albeit a very colorful city but its not a ghetto, yet.

Ghetto's are neighborhoods in a city. In my limited experience most of the mean dogs i have come across that were unsupervised were in "ghetto" neighborhoods.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
In a perfect society who does pay the $1800 or put in the labor when I leave my dog unattended, it murders another dog and I already had the prior knowledge that Pitbulls, no matter how well trained are known to turn vicious when away from their owners despite years of witnessing the opposite.

The number is high, the mistakes you made and lack of responsibility you want to take is genuinely depressing.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You should have to pay a fine.
You are actually very lucky it was not a child but another dog. I feel sorry and so should you for the other dog that was killed by your dog.

The owner and that is you is responsible for this. Personal responsibility is were your answers lie not passing the buck and looking for sympathy. The cops are not the bad guy here.

I wonder what you would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and your dog was the one attacked and killed? I bet I know the answer.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm so sorry about your dog ! That's awful . Go to the press ! More and more of these stories are popping up,and police officers have been found to habe shot without cause,99% of the time .

99% of the time? Really ? I would love to see where you got that statistic, please send me a link I need to know. Oh yeah, please don't send me a picture of your gray matter making up a number.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I also noticed how you never showed any sympathy or empathy for the dog your dog killed.
I guess it all comes back to the never my fault world we live in today.
edit on 7-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yeah, im extremely disappointed at how this turned out because i love that dog. Although i do not own the house so i wont be modifying it. I do however plan on moving into another house in where i will be taking dog ownership into account.

You don't need a fence to keep a dog in your yard.. there are invisible fences (inhumane in my mind but apparently work quite well) Doggie run lines where you just set up a line either on two poles and clip onto the dogs harness and they can run the length you provide..... there really is no excuse... I know what it feels like to lose a dog and it sucks.. all of the dogs I have owned or grown up with are/were family. I just hazard a guess that if you wanted to you would have found a way to keep your dog on your own property, especially since your dog had gotten free what sounds like multiple times before.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by hellobruce

This really is beyond you ,isn't it. You said there was no point contacting the press .
Given,every single incident I posted was completely different,chances of there being one just like this,is slim,but notif the op did contact the press .
Animals attack animals ,all the time . Just watch judge Judy .
My point was,which I proved,is that cops do this all the time,and get away with it.
If the morons go into the wrong home and shoot the wrong dog ,I dare say they are told to just shoot dogs on sight .
I would bet money the cop here ,wasn't attacked at all ,and shot the dog anyway ,that's why I would go to the press.
The op should go to the facebook I posted ,and ask for help ,as this disregard for animals ,by 95% of the alleged people trying to keep the peace,needs to stop .
Goodbyebruce

Wait... fist you said 99% now you say 95%.. while I am happy that (according to you) in the last few hours that wanton and blatant assaults and murders of animals by law enforcement has dropped by 4% I think you are blowing smoke. I guess crazy is as crazy does.. you make no sense!! your numbers don't add up... next thing I know you are going to start a thread on your theory of a budget for America or maybe come up with a health insurance plan.. Are you Obama? Methinks maybe you are. But i'm just a pot and your a kettle.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Fight it, Pit Bull profiling. If a dog kills a dog who is trying to kill it, why should he have killed and fined your dog. Try to get a hearing and have the fine charged to the dog who yours killed if you think it was attacking your dog. Don't let them tell you there can't be a trial or hearing, that is bull. If they will decide to fine you then fight it, and while your at it, try and flip it to the other parties dog, and/or the officer who shot your dog. It may be hard seeing as he was biased based on the other dogs owners report, as are they. I would treat this as if my child were murdered by a cop while defending himself from someone trying to kill him.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

But she is not getting he fine its her brothers dog! Personally think that this thread is a trolling thread. Not even her dog..... shows no remorse.... takes no blame.... and will not be responsible for the fine... or just a bunch of lies.. who knows? I don't! But I do know what a rose smells like

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

It has to be said, ( Politely, of course, ) that you sir, sound like just the sort of person who should not own any breed of dog ! And certainly not a Pit Bull....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My sympathies for losing a part of your household. Honestly if my dog was so disobedient to the point of requiring spikes in a collar which could be escaped, and ran around a neighborhood picking fights, it's time to find a better dog that doesn't shame the family. That dog made you look like a bad owner. That price is steep.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't believe in keeping a dog outside by itself.

That in itself is the practice of a cruel owner.

Why have a pet that you are just going to seclude outside unless it has other dogs to play with like on a farm of Mastiffs that still see their owner often.

If you kept it inside this wouldn't of happened.

Don't get an animal that you are just going to push away!

No offense because it is tragic that the dog is dead, but it is your fault and you deserve the fine even though that fine is way too much money for that kind of disturbance.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join