It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shoots My Dog, $1800 Fine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You're lucky the dog didn't kill a kid, you'd be looking at manslaughter charges.

People that can't supervise their dogs every minute shouldn't have them. They should never be put out alone in a yard.

I say this as a dog owner (two golden retrievers that are unbelievably passive, they won't protect themselves from any assault whatsoever, to their detriment) and as someone who has been bit twice by dogs, once when I was about 4 and the other time when I was about 12, both times unprovoked, and who saw an idiot walking his dog in a public park unleashed, the dog ran towards and viciously attacked a dog that was on a leash, with my two toddlers not three feet away. If I'd had a gun I would have killed that thing as it stood and the owner also. As it was, all I could do was grab up two little kids and try to keep them out of harm's way. I should have pressed charges but it was pre-cell phone days and the guy disappeared.
edit on 8-6-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sefhinny

I meant colorful as in there is a wide range of people. Poor, well off, all different types.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Did you find out if the other owners received a fine as well?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Lots of cute dog pictures in peoples avatars, you can tell they are loved. Does the OP have any pictures of her puppy?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Im sorry about your puppy, she has a sad look in her eyes, she knew something bad was going to happen

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
reply to post by Phage

phage i think you may be right never ever seen a aggressive golden retriever unless u count cujoe lol but that may have been a yellow lab been a long time since i seen that movie. ive been biten 2 times in my life by a dog both times were cocker spaniels go figure lol
Golden retrievers,really.A high school girlfriend of mine had one that EVERYBODY who came in the house feared.Maybe the bared teeth and snarling had something to do with it?They eventually put the dog down after it killed one of a batch of kittens they had.That was 100% pure breed.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

Hes always looked like that and my grandmother died recently, after she died he got really depressed.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
s580.photobucket.com...

What a amazing dog it is such a shame he did not find a home with responsible owners. The thing that bothered me most about your post was how you blamed everyone else accept yourself. And you showed no remorse for the other dog that your dog killed. I wonder how the other dog owner feels coming home everyday and missing a beloved pet.

Empathy is a something missing in today's ME-ME-ME world.
edit on 29-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Oh shutup already im sick of reading it. Its like a broken record in this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A dog was on public streets and caused the death of another dog. An officer of the law potentially put his own safety at risk to subdue an animal that has proven to be a killer.

I don't see what the problem is here. Pay your fine, you earned it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by SubTruth

Oh shutup already im sick of reading it. Its like a broken record in this thread.

Yes. People are telling you the same thing over and over, and thank God, I have more faith in humanity because of it; although I have no faith that the fact that

YOU. WERE. WRONG.

will ever sink into your thick skull.

If your story is true, what you have manifested here is beyond lack of sense, your incapacity for accountability is indicative of a criminal mentality. I hope you get jail time on top of the fine next time you kill a dog, and I hope to God that a human being doesn't get hurt or dies because you are being an idiot.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Unless it was your own child who kept trying to find a better collar or way to restrain the dog so it wouldn't go off yard, for this is not just the pet keeper's fault (I don't believe in slavery or ownership of animals). In fact, this could be another situation, where the person tries to up the control, and the person or animal continues to escape. Such as an elderly alheihmers parent, and in some cases, or someone released from an institute where services expected you to take them in, and yet you can't even collar them.

Just explaining the situation in no one implies she didn't feel sorrow at the other dog being killed. Perhaps in a sense she was asking how to best contain an animal that doesn't want to be contained without using unethical or inhumane devices? Have you thought of that aspect?

The judgments on here are overboard. I think asking for help with the situation so she won't have to face such an ordeal again, is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We may have found a house, with a 1/3 acre, but its on a main road out of a smaller town, and to get a dog may need to investigate how much fencing we really want. Without the fencing, as what I really want to do is plant a lilac hedge, it would mean the dog would need to be indoor and in the backyard, away from the road, may wish to put her on tether, with a dog house, for relatively short times, an hour or two supervised, and of course walks. I do recall having to constantly untangle one dog, that kept wrapping itself around a tree in the past, my ex's guard dog, that I didn't really like doing this a lot. Furthermore he alarmed me and was always concerned he could escape and cause problems, and he was stronger than me, and really didn't listen to me alot.

So this would bring up the whole issue of retraining devices and how far one is willing to go.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join