It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6,000 year old Earth theory...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rulkiewicz

My thoughts are that it's all complete bull crap. Adam and Eve never existed, there wasn't a tree or a snake or fruit, it is all a metaphor for the tree of life in the kabbalah with the fruit being the 10 sephiroths. jesus crust.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I will keep this short as these types of threads get ugly quickly from my experience but this is the truth of Genesis 1.

GEN 1:1-2
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (big bang)

And (then) the earth was (turned into something) without form (full of chaos), and void (dead); and darkness was upon the face of the deep (no light from the sun reached the Earth's surface). And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

In Genesis 1 verses 1 and 2 we read about to diffferent creations. One creation (the heavens and the Earth) science has accurately measured as billions of years ago, scripture agrees with that conclusion; that is when the universe was created and stars and planets etc. Earth as a planet was created then as well.

At some point in time, Lucifer who was placed on Earth as the archangel in charge of God's government on Earth rebelled against the plan of God for the eventual creation of a family (Elohim) and that He would accomplish that creation through physical mankind (far below Lucifier in power). Lucifier declared war on God's thrown and the result of the war was the Earth becoming full of chaos and dead (no living things remained, i.e. ELE).

Roughly 6000 years ago God began to RECREATE the Earth's surface so that it would be suitable to support life again and particularly suitable to support human life. All the creatures/vegitation that would inhibit mankind from thriving (giant dinosuars/ massive insects etc.) were not recreated at this point. Smaller versions of previous animal types were created to better aid mankind's physical developement.

The 7 days of "re"creation week represent the next 7000 years of mankind on Earth. 6000 years shall be the age of mankind's self rule (coming to an end shortly), where they are free to determine their own laws, religions, cultures, customs, morality and general way of life. But the last "day", last 1000 years are set aside for God (7th day Sabbath). It will be the millenial reign (1000 year reign) of Jesus Christ and the 144,000 member Kingdom of God on Earth (Elohim).

That is what scripture says is true. You are free to determine what you feel is right or wrong in this age; but I wanted those who agree with the word of God to know what those verses mean in spirit and in truth.

The Earth as a planet is unknown billions of year old, this version we are living on now (for a great purpose) is roughly 6000 years old. Lucifer's rebellion (when he was renamed Satan) resulted in the total destruction of all life on Earth at the time; it became full of chaos and void (Hebrew = Tohu wa bohu).

Remember scripture says "God creates no thing in chaos (Hebrew = Tohu wa bohu)"

Somethings happened after Genesis 1:1 and before Genesis 1:3... Satan's rebellion and billions of years worth of time. The Earth was originally created perfect, then brought to chaos (Tohu wa bohu) because of Satan's rebellion, then re-created in 7 days for the purpose of the creation of mankind, that re-creation was roughly 6000 years ago.

God Bless,
edit on 7-6-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DystopianOrigami

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89 ~ I love this, classic example of no one having the right to be wrong. Everyone has to conform to the rest of society, right?

What?

It has nothing to do with "the right to be wrong" or conforming to preset societal standards; it's just that Young Earth Creationists haven't anything legitimate to put up against a truly monumental and overwhelming block of evidence that evil, secular science has come up. Guys like Hovind and Ham can talk about God making starlight, hammers in coal, centurions' accounts of battling extant dinosaurs, and any other blatantly moronic "chink in science's armor" until they're blue in the face (black and blue, if you're Hovind), and you're welcome to completely dispense with all logic and ignore the sum total of mankind's amassed knowledge and agree with them.

Just count me out.
edit on 7-6-2013 by DystopianOrigami because: Bleh!!!

Oh, it definitely has to do with societal standards. If the standard wasn't the earth being 4.54 billion years old and how ever old these "experts" say everything else is that exist, you wouldn't be saying that. Why? Because you wouldn't of been taught it. Furthermore, carbon dating HAS BEEN PROVED INACCURATE very much. It's just people like you and KIm Jong-Un hold your self-esteem and pride so high that it is not possible for you to be wrong! You are invincible. Just like those people who hear it and see it on t.v. "It must be true." You are nothing more than a blind bat that is dumb as a dove. The pride you hold is just like that of those RELIGIOUS leaders of back then that denied Galileo when he said," The earth orbits around the sun." Just like them you are denying even the possibility you could be wrong. Though that is ok. Why? Because it is that ignorance which will annihilate the theory of evolution and everything that goes with it, when everything that you have learned and followed turns out to be WRONG by science it's self. Just like infinity. All those scientist and professors who deny infinity still believe in intelligent design, even RICHARD DAWKINS.
SO, go on with your foolish self and live a life of ignorance. How about you watch yourself speak to Ben Stein?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mindlessbrainpower89

Okay, uh, Kim Jong-il and I share no similarities, in all honesty, and I feel confident saying that Richard Dawkins does not believe in intelligent design as you (mis)understand it. And the rest... sure. That's great.

Take it easy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To the OP, I really have no answers and I won't pretend like I do.

I will however, say this:
My take is that the bible was never meant to be used to decipher the age of the Earth. The Earth can be however many years old and it still has absolutely zilch to do with 1) Jewish history(OT) and 2) My salvation (NT). Adam and Eve could just as easily be representative of the first jews rather than the first hominids....in which case, back-tracking biblical dates will only lead you to the emergence of the jewish people....

but that's just my take on the matter...don't let it persuade you

A2D
edit on 7-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The question of the personality of Adam, regarded as the first man, and sole progenitor of the human race, is not the only one in regard to which the religious convictions of the world have necessarily undergone modification. The hypothesis of the rotation of the earth round the sun appeared, at one time, to be in such utter opposition to the letter of the Bible, that every species of persecution was directed against it, and against those who advocated it. Yet the earth continued to move on in its orbit in defiance of anathemas; and no one, at the present day, could contest the fact of its movement without doing violence to his own powers of reasoning.

The Bible also tells us that the world was created in six days, and fixes the epoch of this creation at about 4000 years before the Christian era. Previously to that period the earth did not exist. At that period it was produced out of nothing. Such is the formal declaration of the sacred text, yet science, positive, inexorable steps in with proof to the contrary.

The history of the formation of the globe is written in indestructible characters in the worlds of fossils, proving beyond the possibility of denial that the six days of the creation are successive periods, each of which may have been of millions of ages. This is not a mere matter of statement or of opinion. It is a fact as incontestably certain as is the motion of the earth, and one that theology itself can no longer refuse to admit, although this admission furnishes another example of the errors into which we are led by attributing literal truth to language which is often of a figurative nature.

Are we therefore to conclude that the Bible is a mere tissue of errors? No; but we must admit that men have erred in their method of interpreting it.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DystopianOrigami

Okay, uh, Kim Jong-il and I share no similarities, in all honesty, and I feel confident saying that Richard Dawkins does not believe in intelligent design as you (mis)understand it. And the rest... sure. That's great.

Take it easy.

Watch it from 3:50 to 4:05. In this time period he does admit that you would probably find a signature in chemistry or in other scientific fields that proves intelligent design. Therefore, proves God. So, even if you believe in intelligent design, you believe in God. Ignorance is bliss. Go read some books.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dude...

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89 Watch it from 3:50 to 4:05.

Mmm-hmm. Gotcha.

In this time period he does admit that you would probably find a signature in chemistry or in other scientific fields that proves intelligent design.

No, he says "...I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that..." in reference to a technologically advanced spacefaring civilization that may have practiced directed panspermia. He's not talking about an Abrahamic deity. You're misquoting the video. That we both watched. Just a moment ago.

And then, you get a running start, and jump to...

Therefore, proves God.

Uh, no?

So, even if you believe in intelligent design, you believe in God.

Read above.

Ignorance is bliss.

mindlessbrainpower89 opens the bomb bay doors...

Go read some books.

...and leaves a mushroom cloud in his wake.

Now, looks like I'm off to get myself some fancy book learnin'!
edit on 7-6-2013 by DystopianOrigami because: Fixin' those quotes, son!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It's just people like you and KIm Jong-Un hold your self-esteem and pride so high that it is not possible for you to be wrong!

Descending to personal insult is a sure sign that you have no case.

All those scientist and professors who deny infinity still believe in intelligent design, even RICHARD DAWKINS.

I have met Prof. Dawkins, and I can assure you he does not believe in 'intelligent design'.

Oh, and that isn't Kim Jong-Un in my avatar. So far, you have not made a single factually accurate statement on this thread. Which is about par for the course, I find, with creationists.

edit on 8/6/13 by Astyanax because: of retrenchment.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The Earth, the Universe, Everything was created exactly 15 minutes ago. Our memories, the position of photons from distant light sources etc etc all spontaneously appeared from nothing exactly 15 minutes ago.

And you cannot dispprove that ......

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

It's just people like you and KIm Jong-Un hold your self-esteem and pride so high that it is not possible for you to be wrong!

Descending to personal insult is a sure sign that you have no case.

All those scientist and professors who deny infinity still believe in intelligent design, even RICHARD DAWKINS.

I have met Prof. Dawkins, and I can assure you he does not believe in 'intelligent design'.

Oh, and that isn't Kim Jong-Un in my avatar. So far, you have not made a single factually accurate statement on this thread. Which is about par for the course, I find, with creationists.

edit on 8/6/13 by Astyanax because: of retrenchment.

Now you are completely lying when you say, "I have met Professor Dawkins." Let me guess, you met Stephen Hawkings too? What are you in high school or something? "Oh and that isn't Kim Jong-Un".. even if it isn't, all those koreans over there look the same so you might as well call them all that. I've never seen such stupidity except for when I was in grade school. Not to mention, for someone to just believe intelligent design is possible is believing in God. Though you can't argue with ignorance. Tell me something, why do you see the same pattern on snowflakes as you do on flowers? Why is there such thing as sacred geometry that you APPARENTLY know nothing about? Why is it the earth was made so perfect for life that it is just far enough away from the sun but close enough at the same time (93,000 miles)? Why is it, the earth wobbles to make the seasons? Tell me why? You can't. You couldn't even explain to me as of why humans have bio SIGNATURES in our DNA? The sad part is creationist scientist have been providing evidence for intelligent design for many years it's just the MAJORITY is full of BIGOTRY and HATE. Anyone has a different idea of what happened is punished by arrogant assumptions, and ignorant insults. The ironic part is people like me get reported to the board of ATS but, people like you and others who have made ignorant comments in the past and still doing so, don't even get punished (ATS's butt buddies). Just like on the other thread I didn't even do nothing wrong except defend myself but people like you which display complete ignorance don't even get punished once so ever. ATS needs to fix this issue.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

This is interesting. A part of me thinks that something was left out in early Genesis. It is as if the story started in the middle of something and a a few vital details were either left out or taken out.

That said, how do you explain the evolution of humanity if earth was wiped and restarted only 6k years ago? For instance, Neanderthals and Denisova? Or the the mapping and dating of the mitochondrial and paternal haplogroup trees? How do you explain the different races and account for (or not) the different races?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Now you are completely lying when you say, "I have met Professor Dawkins." Let me guess, you met Stephen Hawkings too? What are you in high school or something?

I had the good fortune to meet Richard Dawkins at a literary festival last year. I've never met Prof. Hawking.

all those koreans over there look the same so you might as well call them all that.

I hope Oddjob is reading this.

for someone to just believe intelligent design is possible is believing in God.

Oh, I believe in intelligent design. I used to be married to a very intelligent graphic designer.

Tell me something, why do you see the same pattern on snowflakes as you do on flowers?

I've never seen the same pattern on a snowflake as on a flower. Show me.

Why is there such thing as sacred geometry that you APPARENTLY know nothing about?

There is? Holy quadrilaterals, Batman!

Why is it the earth was made so perfect for life that it is just far enough away from the sun but close enough at the same time (93,000 miles)?

Because Goldilocks made the world?

Why is it, the earth wobbles to make the seasons? Tell me why? You can't.

Is it wobbling that makes the seasons? I always thought they were caused by the axial inclination of the Earth. Does the Bible say Earth wobbles?

You couldn't even explain to me as of why humans have bio SIGNATURES in our DNA?

We do? Gosh, I hope I have Elvis's autograph in mine. I could make a mint.

The sad part is creationist scientist have been providing evidence for intelligent design for many years it's just the MAJORITY is full of BIGOTRY and HATE. Anyone has a different idea of what happened is punished by arrogant assumptions, and ignorant insults.

Gosh, what terrible punishments. Why can't they have nice Christian ones, eh? Burning at the stake, the ducking-stool, a nice clean lynching or two...

The ironic part is people like me get reported to the board of ATS but, people like you and others who have made ignorant comments in the past and still doing so, don't even get punished (ATS's butt buddies).

Yeah, no stake-burning for people who respect the T&C. Such an unfair world, isn't it?

I've never seen such stupidity except for when I was in grade school.

You'd have seen a lot more if you'd gone to high school.

More like this please.

edit on 9/6/13 by Astyanax because: the Bible tells me so.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

the world population is around 7.09 billion. Now, knowing this it would make sense for the earth to be around 6,000 years old if you put into perspective population rates

I don't think you realize how big 7 billion is. Not to mention that you left out women dying in childbirth in your "formula", which used to happen quite often and would have a big effect on population growth.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I find it completely comical that creationists are crying about being "punished" about their way of thinking, then you come in here and display your ignorance so proudly.

"OMG WERE BEING PUNISHED FOR NOT CONFORMING" Yea... I hope you know, that your "Creation Bull****" has been a way of thinking for thousands of years, and the church use to kill people for even suggesting anything else. So.. I am here to tell you that NO ONE is playing a violin for you, other then the admins @ Answers in Genesis. Which, mind you has been debunked by many people many times, because it is nothing more then junk science with no hard data to back it up.

As for your "Carbon -14" claim that it has been proven to not work... means nothing, what about all the other methods that show rocks and various other materials are millions of years old? With carbon 14 dating, if you are ignorant to how it works, then yes you can very well get bad results and "Claim" that it doesn't work. Using the method for anything older then ~80,000 years old can produce numbers that don't make sense.

But even if the dating was proven to not work (under scientific methods from real scientists) That would not nullify that the earth was billions of years old, nor would it give your claims of a young earth any substance.
edit on 6/9/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In answer to the title, in short..

no. or no thanks might be more polite.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

www.universitycad.com...

“Y-Chromosomal Adam” and “Mitochondrial Eve” are the scientifically-proven theories that every man alive today is descended from a single man and every man and woman alive today is descended from a single woman.

Regardless of whether or not you believe their names were Adam & Eve, it does appear that everyone alive today are the descendants of one man and one woman.

Scientists who share the Darwinian bias naturally presume that these two were not the only humans alive during their pre-child bearing lifetimes, while Biblical creationists naturally presume that they were.

Logically, it would be amazing for one human male and female to evolve from a monkey both at around the same time and at the same place (perhaps the monkey had mutant twins?), so what would be the odds of a whole bunch of humans all suddenly being born to a group of monkeys?

The mitochondrial Eve data does not prove the Bible—but it is most definitely consistent with it.

Even if you don't believe these two people were Adam & Eve, even if the Darwin fans are correct in saying these two were not the only humans around pre-child bearing times.. and, IF the Bible is true... and the flood story true.. Wouldn't we all be related to Noah+wife anyway? The professor seems to believe these two humans survived a disaster. What if he was right? Let me gues.. he must be crazy too?

"Biologists have been aware of mitochondria since the 19th century. But it wasn't until the late 1970s that the value of using the DNA within mitochondria to track ancient human history became clear. Mitochondrial DNA differs in a few key ways from nuclear DNA -- the variety of DNA located within the nucleus of each of your cells determines your eye color, racial features, susceptibility to certain diseases and other defining characteristics. mtDNA, on the other hand, contains codes for making proteins and carrying out the other processes mitochondria undertake:

Quoted from Science.howstuffworks.com

There are plenty of facts & theories out there, we all think/decide for ourselves. But one thing before I go... Don't let this happen to you! (Click to view the illuminati card below.)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89
Logically, it would be amazing for one human male and female to evolve from a monkey both at around the same time and at the same place (perhaps the monkey had mutant twins?), so what would be the odds of a whole bunch of humans all suddenly being born to a group of monkeys?

Ahem...I'm Christian but even I feel the need to correct this....

It's not "one human male and female to evolve from a monkey both at around the same time"...It's the fact that mutations in genes(or adaptation) cause macroevolution over time...This effects ALL births thereafter...Meerkats for example....A pair of meerkats didn't simply give birth to an oddchild that stood up on his hind legs to get a better lookout on predators...This is an adaptive trait that ALL meerkats developed over time....

Evolution is not an instantaneous event....it takes time....lots of time....
Again, I'm a Christian

Also, humans "evolved" from the same genetic material...It'd make sense that genetics would reaffirm common ancestors....Both biblically and evolutionary....That's one thing I've never understood about the debate....Both sides agree we come from a common ancestor.....but then we can't just agree....we have to go on and on about who or what that common ancestor actually was....Can we just say it was a pair of hominid monkeys named adam and eve?

A2D
edit on 9-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
if one takes the bible literally, then we are all descendants of incest. noah and his sons were the only people spared from the flood, right? sooo, we are all descended from kissing cousins! thought incest was a sin? lot and his daughters must be burning for that one. noah also would have had to have asian sons, african sons, etc..... and if he did, where are the histories of their travels to their new lands? and how did those who came to the americas cross oceans? noah was written about? where are their records of their voyages?

also, mt. ararat in 16, 900 feet, give or take a few. if the ark is up there, what happened to all the water? where did it go? basically, god would have had to have the oceans and land masses to switch place for that time for thta to amount of water.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

If you take the bible literally...you're still wrong.

Genesis 7:13 On the very same day Noah and his sons, Shem and Ham and Japheth, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them entered the ark,

Noah's sons already had wives before entering the Ark....

A2D

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join