It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK's "The Sun" newspaper has a two page spread on David Icke and the Bilderberg group in toda

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
www.thesun.co.uk...

I was very surprised to say the least.

I'm not. The Sun is a tabloid and Icke is the kind of lunatic who makes tabloid headlines. They don't take him seriously, he's just advertising fodder.

It seems as because the cat is very much out of the bag now regarding Bilderberg, the MSM has finally started talking about them.

The MSM has always been talking about them. A simple Google search turns up this online BBC news article about the Bilderberg group from 2004. Look at the Wikipedia article on the Bilderberg group and you'll that see it references MSM articles from 1991 and earlier.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
would be suprised if representitives from the sun and its owners had not been at previous bilderbergs meetings and now they get to act all high and mighty pretending to break an old story of nothing

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IslandMason

I wonder, what is it you personally have against Icke that you make it a point here on Above Top Secret to slander his name and call into question anything that can be related in any way to his name?

Go ahead, call me a CT. It won't be the first time you've labeled someone with that title to discredit them.
It doesn't mean a thing in the world to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
For anyone interested BBC Radio 4 had a segment on the Bilderberg last night, interviewing protestors etc, some of them were ex -MP's, quite a broad mixture of people.

Worth a listen anyway.

BBC Radio 4 The World Tonight

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well I think it's for the first time ever that the MSM is actually giving him some credit, and looking at the comments below the article it seems that what he had to say is starting to make sense for a lot of people. Even for The Sun's readers lol

Who cares if he was speaking about things like reptilians shape-shifters, as far as we know it may be the truth, it's only the "virtue" of the ignorant to deny something he never truly thought about.

David Icke is generally talking a lot of sense, even with the holographic universe theory. People who are not ready for such truths will turn their backs and run to read more MSM news as it's "the real world".

The truth is hard to deal with sometimes, but it's necessary if one wishes to escape his own ignorance.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IslandMason

Yup, anything with Icke attached is going to be phoney - or at the very least badly misinterpreted, distorted and stretched, so definitelty needs to be dropped into the hoax bin.

How can a MSM news article be a hoax? Are you serious? Did you even go and read the damn article?

If it wasnt for David Icke I would still be asleep. It was "The Biggest Secret" that woke me up. OK he has some crazy claims, but anyone with their own mind for reasoning can decide for themselves what to believe. I have found a large portion of what David Icke presents to be very factual, but then there is also some crazy speculation. I will never discard facts because I got them from a source that also distributes speculation along with the facts. What I will do is use my own initiative to corroborate the facts to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Maybe you should do the same?

2 reasons why it can be a hoax:

1./ David Icke = the biggest purveyor of false science and paranoid CT on the planet. Ridiculous speculation, mistranslation, half-truths and outright lies are his stock in trade. He's claimed to be the son of God, and that he sees reptilian shape-shifters. Yup, real believable and stable individual, worthy of devoted followers.
The man needs to be put on some serious meds. Those who claim to have been "awoken" by him have simply bought into his wildly speculative paranoia.

2./ It's NOT in the MSM; it's in a rag that's roughtly the equivalent of the National Enquirer. Nothing in that pulp is anything near the truth.

For both reasons, you can be sure there that while there be be a few truths, there won't be anough to balance the fantasy, and you can feel safe in filing the whole thing in the "hoax" bin without even reading it

It's not quite the equivalent of the enquirer, that accolade must go to the 'Sport' group of papers. However it is the largest read and distributed 'tabloid' paper in the UK, mainly builders and manual workers oh and i'm sure a lot of unemployed, so technically yes it is MSM

The son of god thing was taken completely out of context and was a long time ago, and as others have said if you can remove some of the fanciful stuff, there is definitely something to what he says. Problem - reaction - solution anyone ?
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

so what?
even Gramma can google
and they are starting to too

Yes they can, but are they finding the truth or pages written by paranoid Icke-following CTs?

there are other pages on the internets

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There seems to have been something of an acceptance (maybe even promotion) of David Icke in the MSM recently. The Daily Telegraph ran a somewhat favourable article about him and Have I got news for you gave more than just a passing reference to him, without much in the way of mocking, and his lizard theory was then mentioned in the next week's episode as well.

I believe David Icke serves a purpose and that purpose will soon become apparent. If a member of the public had made the claims that he'd made all those years ago they would never have been heard, but David Icke is put on the Wogan show where everyone is introduced to this 'loony'. Think about that: the producers and Terry Wogan himself must have been aware of his claims and were, from there perspective showcasing a mentally ill man on prime-time TV, well aware that he would be laughed at.

I think if David Icke was so interested in dispensing truth, he'd get to the point a bit more quickly - I've never seen anything he's said that wasn't something like ninety per cent 'performance'.

Society and reality aren't what they seem and his lizard theory isn't that outrageous, but I don't think it's anything like the whole story.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I was very surprised to say the least. It seems as because the cat is very much out of the bag now regarding Bilderberg, the MSM has finally started talking about them. .

Does Readers Digest count as MSM?
My first acquaintance with the Bilderberg meetings was an article in Readers Digest many decades ago.
I don't think they've ever attempted to make a secret out of the existence of the group- just the content of the discussions.

edit on 7-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

so what?
even Gramma can google

Yes they can, but are they finding the truth or pages written by paranoid Icke-following CTs?

Oh yeah I didnt realise that all the conspiracy theorists(truth seekers) are blind followers of David Icke
/sarcasm
I would expect nothing less from a person with mason in their name. Hows Jahbulon these days?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I was very surprised to say the least. It seems as because the cat is very much out of the bag now regarding Bilderberg, the MSM has finally started talking about them. .

Does Readers Digest count as MSM?
My first acquaintance with the Bilderberg meetings was an article in Readers Digest many decades ago.
I don't think they've ever attempted to make a secret out of the existence of the group- just the content of the discussions.

edit on 7-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

Good point, but still the existence of Bilderberg WAS denied for many years, attendance to bilderberg was denied for many years. A little mention here and there in the annals of time hardly constitutes mainstream coverage.
This year is the ONLY time I have seen it get such broad coverage. If it wasnt for the work of Jim Tucker then they would still be very much in the shadows.
And how about using their own favorite phrase, when they want to spy on us, against them "If you have nothing to hide, what does it matter?"

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well how many people died in the last 24 hours? Are the brits out of Afghanistan? Is the british economy now the envy of the work? What complete and utter tosh!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Well how many people died in the last 24 hours? Are the brits out of Afghanistan? Is the british economy now the envy of the work? What complete and utter tosh!

Eh? What is the relevance of this statement? Please explain.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost

I wonder, what is it you personally have against Icke that you make it a point here on Above Top Secret to slander his name and call into question anything that can be related in any way to his name?

Go ahead, call me a CT. It won't be the first time you've labeled someone with that title to discredit them.
It doesn't mean a thing in the world to me.

I have nothing personal against the man; I've never met him. I have not slandered him, either - that involves spreading lies about someone. It is Icke himself who is guilty of slander, with all of the lies and untruths he spreads. He's wrong most of the time, and bases his assertions on gross misinterpretations of source material, poor translation skills, twisted, distorted, and manipulated half-truths, cherry-picked to fit his preconceived ideas. Like I said, he may be right on occasion, but so is a broken clock. The sad thing is that there are people in this world who are weak minded enough to swallow his BS.

BTW, it's good to know that calling someone a conspiracy theorist on ATS is considered an insult.

so what?
even Gramma can google

Oh yeah I didnt realise that all the conspiracy theorists(truth seekers) are blind followers of David Icke
/sarcasm
I would expect nothing less from a person with mason in their name. Hows Jahbulon these days?

Most of the crap spread around by so-called 'truthers" is simply regurgitated bits of Icke's ramblings (either quoted from Icke himself, or from someone who cites Icke as the source), the Taxil Hoax, misquoted Pike and Hall, hard core Born Again (Christian equivalent to the Taliban) drivel, and so on. All are either lies, misinterpretations, out-of-context quotes, drastic distortions of the truth, or all of the above.

BTW, aside from the fact that it has nothing to do with modern Masonry, you'd better look up Jahbulon, from somewhere other than CT sites and Youtube. There are a lot of lies out there about that too. But then, what you don't understand MUST be bad, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

But then, what you don't understand MUST be bad, right?

No, heres what I understand. Having a secret group of people that hold positions in PUBLIC office, making secret decisions to guide the very people that pay their wages in taxes.
Can that be good? Especially with the whole sorry state of things right now. Sort of shows its not really a good thing. Libor scandals, mortgage scandals, justice scandals, police scandals, political scandals its not looking good for "modern freemasonry" when every one of their tentacles of manipulation is involved in scandal after scandal.
On that basis it could be argued that the masons are deliberately messing everything up.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But then, what you don't understand MUST be bad, right?

No, heres what I understand. Having a secret group of people that hold positions in PUBLIC office, making secret decisions to guide the very people that pay their wages in taxes.
Can that be good? Especially with the whole sorry state of things right now. Sort of shows its not really a good thing. Libor scandals, mortgage scandals, justice scandals, police scandals, political scandals its not looking good for "modern freemasonry" when every one of their tentacles of manipulation is involved in scandal after scandal.
On that basis it could be argued that the masons are deliberately messing everything up.

And of course, you have hard evidence - documentation from some Grand Lodge, phone taps and so on - that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that each of these "scandals" were orchestrated by the Freemasons as an organization, and not by individuals, right? I mean evidence that wasn't gathered, massaged, edited, cherry-picked, and distorted by some CT site or half-truth Youtube video...

Even if you could show that ANY of the perpetrators happened to be Masons, it still proves nothing, other than there are corrupt individuals everywhere. I use this analogy often, because it perfectly illustrates my point: There have been many pederasty scandals involving the Catholic church. Does that mean all Catholics are pedophiles, or that you have to be a pedophile to be a Catholic? Of course it doesn't.

Yes, there are Freemasons in public office, and in positions of power. There are also Freemasons who are garbage collectors, electricians, regular "work-a-day Joes", and street buskers. There are also Rotarians, Lions, Elks, Knights of Columbus, and former "high up" boy scouts in similar positions. It's all simply coincidence. One isn't a prerequisite for the other. It's those people who subscribe to the wild and unproven accusations and speculation that believe otherwise. Those people in public office who happen to be Masons fulfil the functions of their jobs with as much transparency as non-Masons in the same position.

Masons get a bad rap because people seem to need a boogeyman, a "them" to blame everything on, and Masons are a good target because they keeps a few secrets to themselves. Nobody stops to think that those secrets are only passwords, handshakes and oaths, and they keep those things secret, not because they're Earth-shattering, but simply because they've promised not to reveal them. Keeping that promise is indicative of the honour of the individual. There are no other secrets, but for some reason keeping just those few those secrets scares people. It shouldn't. EVERYTHING you want to know about Masonry is out there, including the rituals, the handshakes, the passwords, and obligations, on mainstream websites.

Of course, I get that there are going to be rotten apples in every barrel, but if a Mason goes bad, they don't stay a Mason.

/thread derail.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I have nothing personal against the man; I've never met him. I have not slandered him, either - that involves spreading lies about someone. It is Icke himself who is guilty of slander, with all of the lies and untruths he spreads. He's wrong most of the time, and bases his assertions on gross misinterpretations of source material, poor translation skills, twisted, distorted, and manipulated half-truths, cherry-picked to fit his preconceived ideas. Like I said, he may be right on occasion, but so is a broken clock. The sad thing is that there are people in this world who are weak minded enough to swallow his BS.

Well that was definitely heavy on generalizations and light on specifics. If Icke did that no one would pay much attention to him.

Say what you will, Icke is swiftly gaining a wider audience and he's scaring the pants off of some creatures who crave secrecy and darkness to hide their evil acts. Denying evil, secrecy and darkness exist in the world is .... well I don't even have a satisfactory adjective for that kind of ignorance, but we probably couldn't expect they'd be all that pleased about being exposed to the world. As Icke says we are each free as individuals to accept of reject any of his (or anyone's) claims and theories based on independent research, experience and thought. What you've posted above didn't pass the test.

Weak minded people are the ones who need to belong to a controlling and dominating "matrix" (say for instance an all powerful government, a top down corporate structure or a self regulating police brotherhood) because without that structure they wouldn't know how to think or what to think or how to act.

Like Icke says, the genie is out of the bottle and can't be stuffed back into it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Someone took an extra dose of rude today.

How about ask a question that is relevant and actually contributing to the thread?

reply to post by OneManArmy

Nothing in Freemasonry conflicts with our ability to serve in the public sector or as a politician. Nothing. There are not secret meetings conspired by Freemasons to usurp the authority of the People from whom the power is derived.

Corruption is not inherent in Freemasonry nor taught, cultivated, or perpetuated. There have been witch-hunts in England against Freemasonry that has proven no wrong-doing. There is no evidence that one being a Mason will cause them to be a corrupt or poor servant of the people.

Most people like you remind of Senator McCarthy or Attorney General Palmer during the various Red Scares in the 20th Century. Every time I see some anti-Mason say the Federal Reserve or this or the world or whatever is controlled by Freemasons, but then can't prove it, it reminds me of reading about Sen. McCarthy saying he had a list of commies working in the State Department; it turned out he never had any names or that the paper was blank. The ignorant always repeat the same methods throughout the ages...it's pretty funny to see.

Libor scandals, mortgage scandals, justice scandals, police scandals, political scandals its not looking good for "modern freemasonry" when every one of their tentacles of manipulation is involved in scandal after scandal.

Then prove Freemasonry had anything to do with it. All you're doing is just saying it, you're not proving it.

reply to post by frazzle

David Icke is nothing more than a pathetic mouthpiece for "Fear Inc." as I like to call the professional (and conglomerate) amount of CTs who use fear as a tactic to push their agenda.

Say what you will, Icke is swiftly gaining a wider audience and he's scaring the pants off of some creatures who crave secrecy and darkness to hide their evil acts.

There's nothing wrong with secrecy nor do Freemasons hide in darkness.

Weak minded people are the ones who need to belong to a controlling and dominating "matrix"...

Man is a social creature by nature. There's nothing dominating about Freemasonry nor excessively controlling. There are rules of course with any good organization, but they have no overbearing authority or power.

...because without that structure they wouldn't know how to think or what to think or how to act.

This isn't what Freemasonry is about and is just a pathetic attempt to discredit the Fraternity.

Like Icke says, the genie is out of the bottle and can't be stuffed back into it.

Icke has exposed nothing. He's just a tool, a mouthpiece seeking to make a profit off of his books and get his name out there...he's an attention seeker.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I don't consider it an insult at all! I wear that badge right on my front left shirt pocket. It can be used against some to make the flock look away, because they don't want to be associated with a crazy person.

Some people on this grand internet will use such terms to sway the uninformed away from a good piece of information. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

2 reasons why it can be a hoax:

2./ It's NOT in the MSM; it's in a rag that's roughtly the equivalent of the National Enquirer. Nothing in that pulp is anything near the truth.

What a load of rubbish. Get your head out of your arse son.
It has the largest readership in the whole of the UK. Its not a rag either, your probably only saying this because it has center to right political leaning and your idea of a paper is "The Guardian"

<< 1    3 >>

join