It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note about serial thread crashers......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
well put

over my time with ATS ive seen trends come and go but it seems that with the advent of the social media sites..that some posters use ATS as nothing more than a different version of FB or myspace ect. exemplified by the extensive use of 'one liners', side track conversions between a couple posters, the lack of researching how to make a thread, the obvious 'i didnt bother to read any of the thread and the OP is stupid' and the obvious 'i didnt bother to read any of the thread and the OP is stupid',...oh wait, i just said that
. i definatly have seen a huge increase in the 'short attention span theater posters' lately. gets hard to read a thread when page after page are just 'one liners' and personal side conversations.

that said..ATS is still the first place i look for info..some posters put so much info and links into threads, just reading the OP can take hours and i will read some members threads almost every time...'serial thread crashers' still cant dampen my enjoyment of ATS

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Good thread Wrabbit. Like you and many others on here I have noticed this myself as well and it does seem that it is progressively getting worse. As some members know I was away from ATS for a while starting back last fall and I just recently returned about a month ago. I noticed after just a couple of days of returning that this had become more common than it was when I left ATS.

I seem to run into the posters on a seemingly daily basis, but I usually tend to just consider what they posted as being an attempt to derail a post and ignore them and move on. The entire purpose of ATS is to have a place where we can all gather and engage in intelligent and (for the most part) logical conversation on topics. Therefore I refuse to let someone that is intent on derailing a thread or turning it into a joke (unless its a funny thread
) destroy a good, intelligent conversation.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
thread crashing?
maybe there is some kind of insurance you could get.....?
they might give you a student discount if you apply before your finalls

I think you have to realise its open season till the mods feel otherwise and they are pretty good here...
like referees at a FCW (Full Contact Writing ) match

I really enjoy some of the back and forth myself and I think it gives some threads legs

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't see any of those posters you were talking about posting in this thread.

Unless you meant me. Then I guess a poster you were ranting about has posted in your thread.

Which would make my first statement false, or you're just wrong.

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah! Where in the hell is all the government cheese people are talking about?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now that's not what I heard Mr. Bunny......

....and I even got pics from your youth to show it really happened.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Please forgive my less than serious reply.

I am given to understand that, like horror movies of old, to give the "troll" legitimacy, you have to pay attention to him/them, name them, as it were.

They are only effective if we allow them to be.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yes,i would also love to read it.Please don't let the trolls put you off-there are enough decent,intelligent people here who would enjoy what you've been working on.Remember,if too many members who could produce great quality threads don't do it,the trolls win,so to speak.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The motto of this site is 'Deny Ignorance.' Let's uphold that ethos. Don't let the propagandists win.

Search for truth. Accept it wherever you find it, no matter how unpalatable it may be.

Check the facts. Double-check the facts. Triple-check the facts. Post only when you're sure of the facts.

Refute lies. Correct misinformation.

Be prepared to accept that you might be wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I don't know how you pulled off this ending to your thread Wrabbit, but you're unbelievably briliant.

And well-connected apparently.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
OK. Thanks for proving the OP's point. Any further disruption will lead to posting bans.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi mr wabbit, I'm going to politely, and respectfully disagree if that's OK, ATS is a forum, where anyone can if they feel they have an opinion on a subject post a reply. I think everyone has that right whether they are prolific contributors or not. Of course off topic and rude replies should not be condoned, but free speech should.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And let us not forget! Opinions are like as*holes, everyone has got one! And alot of 'people' are as*holes!

Thank you Wrabbit, you are my forum hero.

God, I luuuuuuuuuuv heros.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You can never let the trolls dishearten you, to do so is to admit defeat.
I too would be very interested to read your thread if you ever do decide to post it.
"The pen is mightier than the sword"
Now go conquer.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You make a number of good points.

I think its important to make a distinction between 'crashing a thread' and posting a criticism or counter point to a thread. One is valid and the other is not.

The distinction is in the quality of the criticism. If we get into a position where people are encouraged to only contribute to threads they agree with we risk the board turning into an echo chamber.

Sometimes you don't learn until you've been out argued on a point you were sure of. Its happened to me more than once and its equally annoying and educational when it occurs.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wrabbit,

Good points you have made on an issue that does seem to plague the very best
threads here on ATS. First let me say that you are one of the most well mannered
Wrabbits ever on ATS. At times I have made mental notes on just how courteous you
are, keeping that in mind as now and then I have been frustrated by an out of the
gate front page post that seemed to add nothing, off the cuff rude, just barely
within T&C..... yet you hold to a higher standard, and by doing so, we all can
have a higher standard. So thank you for that!

I also just want to take this moment to say that I appreciate your threads so much,
for your courtesty, yes and also for your research, and your balanced approach
to the forums. Kudos to you!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

This thread is so phony!
99% of ats members do the same thing over and over again, every day, every hour, every second and every post and thread, its not one person on this site new or old, who hasn’t done what the op says and will continue to Do it.

I've both done the slapping and been slapped myself, plenty, over my time here.

edit on 7-6-2013 by IamJewish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join