It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6000 year old kiss? =)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
It seems on the left sits the male and right is the she, unsure?

The one on the right appears to be the male, judging from the shape of the pelvis. Can't tell about the one on the left, however.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That's a very real possibility I suppose.
You and I both know these types of things are always called into question.

Good to see ya out and about Byrd.

Sidenote: I may be heading down to Peru this coming Fall.

Stay tuned

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

it looks more like if she was telling him "whos my little pumpkin?" "oooh your sooo cute!" while grabbing him by the cheeks and they guy was like "Alright cut it out already" before they died
edit on 6-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Staged, or not. It gives me peace of mind that love conquers all.

S&F Slayer

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Byrd

That's a very real possibility I suppose.
You and I both know these types of things are always called into question.

And pranks have been known to happen.

Good to see ya out and about Byrd.

Kind of keeping a low profile until the dissertation is done.

Sidenote: I may be heading down to Peru this coming Fall.

EEEE! Got room in your luggage for me?? Can I stow away????

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Vasa Croe

OR

He died and she wanted to be buried with him no matter what. [Taking poison and asked to be placed in that manner upon her demise] *We will never really know...

I'll go with true lasting love...

I would like to think, that was the case.

What a great find. If theres a heaven, I am sure these two are there in bliss.

S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I highly doubt they were kissing when they died. A more probably explanation was that they were positioned that way after death. What i find strange is the lack of grave goods. If it were an ancient burial there would be grave goods for the couples journey in the afterlife and you don't see that here.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure if they practiced Sati, but I know that in old Indian culture, it was common for a widow to throw herself onto her husband's funeral pyre and burn herself alive with his body. It was less common for people to be buried, but when they were, widows were also known to be buried alive with their husbands. Maybe that's what we're seeing.

en.wikipedia.org...(practice)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah the foot bones are still articulated - highly unlikely in a burial of the suggested age, ribs are not collapsed, etc. Staged in my opinion, cute thou.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm wondering if he was already dead, and she was buried alive with him.
2nd

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

It seems on the left sits the male and right is the she, unsure?

The one on the right appears to be the male, judging from the shape of the pelvis. Can't tell about the one on the left, however.

You may be correct 1 was basing the observation of the tibias on the left skeleton appearing larger then the tibias on right skeleton... As far as who may or may not of fell first, that observation was based on the foot or metatarsals of the right skeleton being beneath the left skeletons tibia fibula of leg...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I have dealt with a few [add your crude word here] men in my life. I have found that in life, you cannot find love, you have to let love find you. I prayed for my fiance' and he came exactly as I asked for him. If you believe in the power of prayer and the power of love, they will help you more than you can imagine.

Never give up hope, Hope

I believe that the picture is real.

Love is everlasting, even in death.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Quyll because: addition

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
600 B.C. actually, nice nice.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You may be correct 1 was basing the observation of the tibias on the left skeleton appearing larger then the tibias on right skeleton... As far as who may or may not of fell first, that observation was based on the foot or metatarsals of the right skeleton being beneath the left skeletons tibia fibula of leg...

I taught human anatomy lab, and the only reliable way of telling male skeletons from female skeletons was the shape of the pelvis (the one on the right has tall hipbones and is clearly a male) and the slope of the forehead (not a reliable measurement) and the thickness of the brow (not measurable unless you're very close.)

In either case, as Hans noted, the bones are too well articulated to be real. This is probably (in part) one or two lab skeletons superimposed on a real burial. Real bones would have collapsed and become disarticulated (separated from each other) as the flesh decayed.

It's charming, mind you, but not authentic.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Even in death we are still connected to the ones we truly love...
The photo is beautiful.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hi SLAYER69, I love this picture! No matter what the circumstances relevant to it...real or staged, it is what it symbolizes that resonates with me. Finding that one true love in life is a treasure and a Blessing and even death cannot/will not separate the lovers. The idea that it is real and that she wished to "go"/be with him is beautiful.

I often think about how awful it will be when one of us go....hubby and I have been married for a very long time and I can't imagine my life without him so I can understand the concept...the being together even in death dealy...together for all eternity. As I already mentioned to you in that message to you....(Wanna lighten the flow here for folks)....I mentioned it to hubby....about us being together for all eternity and he ran screaming into the streets.
He has that kinda sense of humor. Really though, we talk about it a lot and he says he can't imagine us separated either. Love is eternal. Love is everything!!

Thanx SLAYER for a great pic/post dealy. You're the greatest!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I like it, the picture holds some beauty even through death.

Wether hoax or not it's neat and interesting. I've read through this threads comments and I think a person said that she was buried like that next to her love upon her request, I think someone said that...anyway....if that's the case, that's some love there.

I read the article, ehh so it's not 6000 years old, it's a really cool find still.

Thanks for sharing this slayer.

Peace and love to you and all
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Is the old measure of digit ratio no longer used? I use to use that in if the hand bones were in good order.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Byrd

Is the old measure of digit ratio no longer used? I use to use that in if the hand bones were in good order.

I wasn't taught to use that one. Now, to be fair, I was teaching anatomy to people who were going to major in recreational sciences and rehabilitation, and they don't need to know THAT much about anatomy details.

Besides, if you look at hands, mine's within the male range.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join