It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6000 year old kiss? =)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
No, not really but still a real and touching find =)

6000 YEAR OLD KISS FOUND IN HASANLU, IRAN - FACTS ANALYSIS

Story:
Amazing 6000 years old kiss, Hasanlu, Iran Love is stronger than time ‘The Lovers’ from 1972 season at Hasanlu Love RIP Hasanlu is an archaeological excavation site in Iran, Western Azerbaijan, Solduz Valley. Theses skeletons were found in a Bin with no objects. The only feature is a stone slab under the head of the skeleton on the left hand side (SK335).

Hoax or Fact:
Partly hoax.

Analysis:
The message comes with a picture showing two skeletons buried in ground, appearing to kiss each other - claiming that it is a 6000 years old kiss of two lovers found in Hasanlu, an archaeological excavation site in Iran. Although the picture is genuine and such a discovery was in fact made in Hasanlu, the skeletons are not 6000 years old...

Instead of the usual lost Cultures or Civilizations topics or even the destruction of this or that temple or what not here we have a cute story of two lovers sharing their affection even in death

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

aww....

kinda ruins the moment when they excavated...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I doubt if they'd have been buried like that unless someone arranged them in that pose. If they were above ground animals would have scattered the bones, so it was likely a burial, hence, posed. A nice pic though, so whoever posed them had a romantic and creative side (or maybe a cruel and satiric side, as the chap on the right seems to have had his head bashed in).
edit on 6-6-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They should just rebury them and leave em for eternity

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My romantic side says, the evidence is that no matter the war, disease and the harsh reality of the earth, love is stronger...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
They should just rebury them and leave em for eternity

I agree

Let the lovers remain.

I can only hope I find love that powerful someday...to last beyond death.

My goodness i'm jealous.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Cool pic but those look VERY staged. All the earth has been excavated, even underneath them, or was this just an open pit they were placed in like a sarcophagus? If that is the case then I could see this being a bit more real. That would lend me to believe that the man died first and once the woman died they placed here next to him inside and posed her.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Cool pic but those look VERY staged. All the earth has been excavated, even underneath them, or was this just an open pit they were placed in like a sarcophagus? If that is the case then I could see this being a bit more real. That would lend me to believe that the man died first and once the woman died they placed here next to him inside and posed her.

Sometimes you just need to go with it.

I happen to think its real and they died in each others arms.

So be it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

OR

He died and she wanted to be buried with him no matter what. [Taking poison and asked to be placed in that manner upon her demise] *We will never really know...

I'll go with true lasting love...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Where the Hell is my knight in shining armor...the man I would be buried with gladly?

Why is it that I only can find douchbags?

I want true love like this picture and I would gladly switch places with the skeleton just to know what real love is like.

I say its Real!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nobody can tell if it's been staged, unless you were there then we'll never know. I think it's a beautiful and very touching story, and as interesting as it is I don't actually feel the need to question it - It exists now and it is what it is; Don't like it? Move on.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Thanks!

That is really sweet... and pretty darned good for the psyche, too, especially in these times... so, right on!

Don't really care if it's "partly hoax," as mentioned it is a real find and that's all that matters... love is wonderful.

Peace... hope you're doing great!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

i belive that lots of people were buried that way,,, its cute..

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It may be staged but I can imagine a man I love so much that my last move would be to give him a kiss.

Its more than possible that it could be real.

Love does exist.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It seems on the left sits the male and right is the she, unsure? But the female seems to of suffered head injury if not from dig and also seems to sit beneath the male on left. Perhaps she was killed with stone ad he buried with her. Rage. don't know for sure interesting image...

LOVE of companion subjectively, would transcend the levels - chapters/planes if strong enough like that energy you connected with from first spark in energy containment device. that was nearest to you

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

link   

Great find Slayer!
I always love your great threads but this find is just absolutely amazing itself! I love your other post suggesting maybe she wanted to die with her lover, it got very Romeo and Juliet there for a moment

link   
The reality should be forgotten and we should take the picture as we see it. What harm is there in believing that once upon a time two lovers were buried like that? It gives us something bigger than ourselves to consider.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Agreed...I take it at face value no matter what the real story is.

I would make it my avatar if I didn't love Tinker so much.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with Hope, just leave it at face value, sometimes a potato is just that: a potato

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There's something rather visually odd about the photo that makes me wonder if it was hoaxed at the time of the photo.

I know it's just suspicious old me, but it sort of looks like someone laid at least the skull and the pelvis/legs plus arms of a plastic skeleton over a real skeleton on the left side ... and the arms and a few of the of the one on the right appear to not match the rest of the skeleton. The hips... they just don't come out that cleanly in an excavation nor that well articulated and separated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join