It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of the Great Apple Tree within Edin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Agreed about the metaphor aspect of it. I mean, think of the contradiction of the story in the first place. "GOD forbids them to eat a fruit of the earth, yet GOD also says for man to eat and heal themselves with plants and crops of the earth. Just a silly old tale in my opinion. Now, I dont want you to think I was derailing the thread, my point is that there is more than likely not "an actual apple tree or "garden" if you will. S&F for the cool read though, good thread

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

No, Zeus is not real but the huge image of Zeus by the sculptor Phidias at Olympia, a wonder of the world for nearly a thousand years, was very real; as I am sure were the sacred trees in the courtyard of Inanna's temple at Kubala-Uruk. I don't think anyone is suggesting the trees still exist, or that they were indeed planted by the gods or that they were the actual forbidden trees of the Genesis story, which is obviously a fable. However it is folly to think contemporary writings would have praised non-existent trees in Inanna's temple when anyone back in the day could have fact-checked the statement by walking a few blocks to see if the trees were there in the temple or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I believe no one called it an "apple" tree until Milton write Paradise Lost.
1667 AD

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The tree stories are just metaphors for the axis mundi. As above so below. Hence all the stories relating to seasons.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Sumerian text is older and much of Genesis is literally ripped off from their writings.

Except the accounts in Genesis are drastically different.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Edin, try the second garden of Eden under Baghdad.

The apple tree is a metaphor of the Tree of Life that gave Adam and Eve immortality before they defaulted in the 1st garden of Eden(38,000 years) which lays submerged between Syria and Cyprus on the submerged Edenic landmass which has been verified.

edit on 7-6-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Thanks, the foliage of the Huluppu tree made for great nesting, the Anzu bird like Lilith just blew in on the wind of Enlil and took a liking to the tree as it suited their nature. as much as it reflected Inanna's.

reply to post by WhenOnEarth

That's it, as long as there was a Shepherd King of Uruk there was a sacred Apple tree growing in the Kubala district, they'd have had to have been entirely ignorant and negligent of their own religion and traditions not to attend to that.

edit on 7-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I found the tree!!! It's next to the holy grail and the fountain of youth!! Oh Its across from the city of gold and atlantis. I think a crashed U.F.O is behind the tree it crashed on a sasquatch and jersey devil.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
I found the tree!!! It's next to the holy grail and the fountain of youth!! Oh Its across from the city of gold and atlantis. I think a crashed U.F.O is behind the tree it crashed on a sasquatch and jersey devil.

come on seriously if you discount it do it respectively dont mock some one. That just shows your intelligence level and a vague view on your own self respect.

golden rule treat others the way you expect to be treated.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Wow ... I rarely read these kind of threads but for whatever reason I was drawn to this one and was not disappointed ... thoroughly enjoyed your writing and research ... it's a shame that the ones who have nothing to say are the ones who shout the loudest
... S&F for a great job.

Woody

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Didn't you know all the gods were real at some point to somebody somewhere!?!?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

I haven't mentioned the Bible or Genesis or Adam and Eve, my concern was with locating the Great Apple Tree of Dumuzid Lord of Edin...a very much real tree in a specific location

edit on 6-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

As I said...its based on a myth.

It probably never existed.

Its akin to searching for Atlantis.

Still, it's fascinating to see how far back we can trace the evolution of human DNA and mitochondria. Then we can also trace the construction and location of human dwellings like houses, towns and villages. Like when the entire town of Pompeii was discovered underneath metres of lava. Finds included a Roman villa and all the papers contained inside. Another time an Egyptian home occupied during the time of the Pharoahs was found in the desert along with pottery and the diary of a teenage girl etched into a soft clay pot - paper was too valuable to use for such trivia.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As I understand it, its probably not what we call an APPLE today, but the other fruit with the apple name: Pomegranate. Which does grow in that region.

Pomegranate has been used thousands of years as food. Pomegranate seeds have been found in Middle Bronze Age archeological site (5000 years before) in Jericho and Nimrud in Israel. The Sumerians had planted a pomegranate tree under palm trees at about 3000 BC. Pomegranates are very often mentioned in the Old Testament. In the Quran surat Al Rahman verse 68, pomegranates ( Rumman ) called 3 times as a fruit other than the date palm that grows in heaven. After studying a variety of sources of ancient texts, experts theorize that the pomegranate is probably the "apple" that grew in the Garden of Eden. Latin name of pomegranate, Punica granatum , means a lot of apple seeds.

Source: www.shvoong.com...

Besides the food, health benefits pomegranate has been known and used widely in many cultures. The use of the most famous throughout the world are as drug intestinal worms (root extract). In the Papyrus Ebers dated 1530 BC, pomegranate root decoction as a drug carrying intestinal parasites, use that continued until now. In Ayurveda (Indian traditional medicine), the pomegranate is called as a substance that cool effect, especially in the marrow, blood and nerves. A century Greek doctor named Soranus-2, early writers gynecology in ancient history, mentions the pomegranate seeds as oral contraceptives and vaginal suppositories, in his work on the five recipes using pomegranates. Other authors such as Hippocrates, Dioscorides, and Ibn Sina has explained the use of pomegranate seeds to prevent conception. Today, pomegranate seeds are still used as a contraceptive of the people in some regions of Africa.

Source: www.shvoong.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Heres where I become confused with ancient writings and beliefs on if they are real, metaphor or copied. So, lets say that yes, Sumerian writings were first (which I fully believe) and that was the beginning of civilization.. by that I mean, writing, farming, building, etc (which I fully believe) So, the Sumerians than, being the beginning of civilization and writing, have these creation stories... which get handed down and handed down and handed down. Until finally, it's written down. Now, it's written down and the groupings of families begin to split off, furthering a wider civilization. Wouldn't those groups all have the same creation story? since they all dispersed from the same place? Meaning... wouldn't the biblical creation story than.. not be a "copy" but rather that group that split off would of course have the same story, since they came from that same place? An example.. every America today, 12 years going on 13 years after the attacks of 2001 on the twin towers (and in other countries all across the world as well) could in fact, write their telling of what happened that day.. right? why? because we were all here, we all saw the same story. Our details may all be different, because something may have stood out more to some than others, but the basis of the story would be the same. Those stories are not "copies" ... and 30 years from 2001, if someone were to write an accounting.. again.. that would not be a "copy" etc etc. So.. to me.... if Sumeria has the same creation story that matches with the biblical creation story, that matches with almost all ancient civilization creation stories in the world.... wouldn't it make sense than, that they are not "copies" but simply the same story, because those people came from the same creation???? to me, it would be "evidence" that they came from the same place, rather than "evidence" that they "copied" something.

Another example.... right now, I am doing family research for my husband's genealogy, it's going to be a father's day present. His mother did one before me, but I have a bit more indepth info because hers was done before ancestry sites. .. is mine a copy? No. Is it the same info? the basics are, yes, but I'm not copying something that was already there beforehand, it's simply the same story, coming from the same place, because my husband comes from that same place. And his daughters will have the same stories, they will not be copies, because they came from the same place, and their children and their children and their children.. etc etc etc.

I always laugh when people are so quick to act like its horrible to put any thought into biblical accounts, like as if doing so will mean you have to believe in God or the Jewish or Christian faith...... what makes the stories any different than Sumerian texts? Egyptian texts.. by reading those are you suddenly going to believe in Egyptian religion? no..... The bible does in fact have many factual historical accounts, and ALLLL ancient civilizations when writing their histories always incorporated their religious beliefs into the accounts, yet, the bible is dismissed so quickly.. but all others excepted? that makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

I really enjoyed your post. However, I disagree with this statement.

The bible does in fact have many factual historical accounts, and ALLLL ancient civilizations when writing their histories always incorporated their religious beliefs into the accounts, yet, the bible is dismissed so quickly.. but all others excepted? that makes no sense to me at all.

People may accept the Egyptian accounts of their gods and rites to have been true, in that, that's what they believed, but few really believe that Isis made a penis out of wood and conceived Osirus' seed son, to be the truth. But many people do believe that Jesus WAS conceived by a virgin.

The accounts of Homer's the Odyssey and the Iliad were not deemed to have been true, even in early times, yet archaeologists are finding some of the historics verifiable.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

Actually no I wasn't mocking the OP i was just saying that I,me, found the the tree and was joking about it just for laughs.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Sumerian text is older and much of Genesis is literally ripped off from their writings.

I would begin you search there.

Sumerian text is both satanic/demonic writing that was there to give half truths to lead people astray, both at that time and thousands of years in the future [today]. There is only one truth, if someone intentionally wants to mislead via writing, then you take some of those half truths and write them before the appointed time, and then when the full truth comes out, then it will seem the true truth is a lie and a ripoff, and there you have it. To understand these things you have to understand spiritual warfare and the deception of the mind.

Also look at the root of both "truths" The whole of the Bible is about Christ's redemption of mankind, and how it is available to all of us for free through grace. We have meaning.

The "truth" of the Sumerians is that we were created by aliens to mine gold, thus we have no purpose in life today, and it doesn't matter if we live or die. We have no meaning.

So either we have meaning, or we have no meaning, the choice is upto you. Just because something predates another, doesn't mean the latter thing is somehow inferior or a knock off. But if you really want to play the "this predates the Bible" game, did you know the plan for the Bible was there before the foundation of the earth, hows that for first?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes, but Jesus is New Testament.. which is another thing that drives me up the wall when people begin debating the bible. Why can not one make the separation that the bible is not one whole book? That its a collection of books placed together? There is 400+ years between the writing in the old Testament and the writing of the New Testament. .... When discussing creation myth stories, and the debate of biblical creation being copied from sumerian creation.... the new testament should never come into play, because the new testament does not hold a creation story within it. It's like today, if followers of Billy Graham were to create a collective story of his life, and make him the son of God... thats what the New Testament was... Jesus' Followers writing down what they thought, saw, believed...made up or not... it has no basis at all, when discussing creation myths and who copied who.

And yes... no, no one believes that Isis made a penis out of wood... but... we do believe that the egyptians wrote it... yet, no one wants to say that maybe just maybe there was an actual israelite who wrote down the biblical creation myth.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

wasnt clear due to communication over a keyboard n screen if you where truly sarcastic about it and just for laughs sorry. but i still stand firm in my opinion i dont care if you believe in the spegetti monster im not going to think any different of you...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

Sorry
Please don't hate me! I'll do anything! Please don't hate me :'(

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join