It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirin beer fulfills dreams ,and Jackie Chan too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Want a life long dream fulfilled ? Ask to be in a Kirin beer commercial

In an effort to promote their line of Nodogoshi Draft, Kirin breweries has been airing a series of commercials in which regular people’s wishes comes to life. The spots, titled Nodogoshi Yume no Dream celebrated its fourth met desire at a celebration in Roppongi, Tokyo.

This time was certainly a cause for celebration as the dream that was fulfilled for average citizen Kazuhiro Ishida was a staring role alongside Jackie Chan in a fully produced kung-fu film, shot at a studio in Shanghai, China.

Previously, Kirin had been handing out wishes that fit nicely in 30 television spots like dining with sumo wrestlers.

However, when Kazuhiro Ishida was selected to make his dream come true, realizing you only get one shot at these things, he brought a laundry list of 39 dreams which can be seen below in detail.

Among the dreams, Mr. Ishida wanted to do a real stunt (Dream #30), have a guy with knife-hands appear (Dream #24), and perform various trademark kung-fu flick moves (Dream #8, 13, 19, 22, 28, 32, 34 and 37).

Not only did the producers meet all of Mr. Ishida’s requests, but they threw in an outtake reel during the end credits – a Jackie Chan staple that Ishida should be ashamed to have forgotten to ask for.

Of course, all of this couldn’t fit into the standard television commercial so they created a two-and-a-half-minute film starring Ishida and Jackie Chan. At the request of the lucky dreamer, Shoko Nakagawa (Shokotan) and his buddy from university (Dream #4) also appear in supporting roles.

At premier of the commercial, Shokotan stole the show breaking into tears and bowing to the feet of Ishida. Here it came to light that in his dream of working with the cute and eccentric blogging entertainer (Dream #3) fulfilled her own dream of working with Jackie Chan.

If you’d like to have your dream fulfilled you can contact the folks at Kirin. Sure the chance of getting a reply are slim, but if it happens, be sure to do as Kazuhiro Ishida did and milk that opportunity for all it’s worth.

Video here:

en.rocketnews24.com...
edit on 6/6/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As a life long Jackie Chan fan ,this is hysterical to me.
It is much more amusing if you understand Japanese ,as well as some colloquialisms ,as well as the difference between Japanese and Chinese .
Because both Japanese and mandarin are spoken here .

If you pay close attention ,Jackie seems dubbed into Japanese ,until the very last moment,where he speaks Japanese,but in his own voice .

It's a feud between a Chinese kung fu master ,who has taken in Japanese students ,and an opposing faction who come across as Japanese ,but their master isn't dressed that way really .

Hmmm......Then at the end,,when the Jackie student ,fights the opposing guy ,the fan guy all in white ,one says sempai,and one says kouhai ,which means they're both Japanese ,and if you understand the sempai kouhai relationship ,its just weird .
I will watch it again to try to get all the conversation down . I do understand Japanese ,and some Cantonese ,but it all goes very fast .
If someone can translate it better than this,please do .

In any case,I thought it was great ,and a great idea from Kirin ,but Japanese commercials in general ,are usually amusing .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
To fight alongside Jackie Chan in a film is not a dream that I ever had
I like his style of acting though and I would like to sit down and talk to Jackie Chan over a cup of coffee or even a beer someday.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Since the commercial is to promote beer maybe they should have re-created a fight scene from "The Legend of Drunken Master"!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've actually met Jackie a couple of times,as well as his bodyguard Ken Lo . I'm a long long time kung fu, HK ,Japanese cinema buff.
I've met Michelle Yeoh ,Chow Yun Fat ,and I even met Nora Miao . She played Bruce Less sister in Enter the Dragon .
It's my one guilty pleasure .
Jackie is quite animated in person ,but his recent tirade against America made me sad. I realize he meant our present government ,but it still made me sad .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Drunken Master II is a classic !

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

That's neat to hear that you have met him. I can count all the movie stars I have met in person on one hand...Well, technically I don't even need a hand because I have never met one

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well im in nyc ,and have been a fan forever. Years ago,a those guys did some guest appearances sponsored by various film festivals or fan clubs .
Now,the New York Asian Film Festival is so huge ,they bring in huge stars every year.
Andy Lau ,Donny Yen ,Tak Sakaguchi .
I'm still waiting for Takenshi Kaneshiro ,but he hasn't even done a movie in two years . He's just fallen off the map
edit on 6/6/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join