It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Licked Taco Bell Shells Not Served to Customers, Company Says....LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Unless they can provide a video of the same employee throwing these in the trash, this denial smacks of COVER UP. Are you serious? You expect people to believe this load of crap?

I have been in the food industry for over 30 years and I can assure you the food cost in every restaurant is paramount. I would bet these were not thrown out by him. I have seen spoiled meat bleached and reused, I have seen fish dropped on the floor, rinsed and put back on a plate, I have seen buns dropped on disgusting floors and picked up and used, I have seen employees sneeze in chili and serve it, I have seen people go to the bathroom with their aprons on and not wash their hands and then handle food served to customer's...the list of crap i have seen is unreal.

Taco Bell is owned by the same company that owns Pizza Hut, every had a deep dish pizza? Promise the pans they are cooked in are far from sanitary. Their track record with me is shot. Plus, this was a franchisee, so I will bet you food cost is even more of an issue than the corporate stores.

gma.yahoo.com...

Taco Bell said the taco shells licked by an employee in a viral photo were not served to customers as part of training for a new product and "were in the process of being thrown out," but the employee has been fired. The product is presumably Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos, which were released in March. A photo of a man in uniform in a Taco Bell restaurant is seen licking a stack of about 30 taco shells. "Two employees, however, used them to take a photo for an internal contest in which company and franchise employees could submit for approval photos of themselves enjoying their first bite of the product," Taco Bell said in a statement on its website. "The contest had clear guidelines about what was acceptable and unacceptable. This image was clearly unacceptable – it violated the rules and spirit of the contest, and the employees never submitted it. But an employee posted it on a personal social media page in violation of the franchisee's policies, and it emerged online in social media." The company, owned by Yum! Brands!, said it is continuing its investigation and the franchisee is cooperating fully.

Not going to include the picture, the thought is disgusting enough, but don't think for one moment this is not a regular occurrence in many food establishments.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yeah,,I could just hear the manager now,,,,What??? you go pull those shells out of the trash right now boy,,we have hungry customers waiting!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Who's to say the person in charge even knew about the taco shell incident before said taco shells were served to the public? Definitely a cover up in that regard. Looking at the reality of food services will make anyone never eat out -- best to not think about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
Not going to include the picture,.

If people want to see the picture, this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Fast food and restaurants today are different from so many years ago. You would have to research the ins and outs before you go eat there. A lot of fast food is junk food that is barley made out of the food they say it's made of. Like different types of meat. I'm even skeptical of employees because a lot of them today think it's funny to serve bad and/or disgusting food to customers. As customers we do have the power to chose were our business is served. If Taco Bell is going to lie about the taco shells; which were licked by the employe, not being served. Then I would like proof. However, I stopped eating at Taco bell when the employees didn't understand the difference between nachos and the Doritos nachos taco.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

If they get an order wrong, and you return your food, they throw it away. So using.food costs to support your argument doesnt support it

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

If they get an order wrong, and you return your food, they throw it away. So using.food costs to support your argument doesnt support it

Who says they throw it away? I have seen food come back and get recycled.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You'd probably prefer to eat the licked shells, than the "beef" they put in their items.

If you ever want to eat there again, don't look it up. (or look below). There's a reason they can only charge a buck for a taco.

They use "taco meat filling" a mixture that is only 36% beef. It is basically a step up from dog food grade meat. In fact, it is technically 4% shy of meeting the USDA requirements for "taco meat filling" (which requires 40% beef).

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
For those of us that have spent years in the food service industry, a licked taco shell is nothing. I watched a server stick a straw down his ass crack and then put it in someones iced tea. Watched a line cook take off his shoe to pick his infected toenail with a paring knife that we used to cut lemons with. Lots of restaurants have their cups and mugs on racks starting about 2 inches above their wet sloppy floor. Ice bins are notoriously hideous in restaurants and so are their hand held soda nozzles. Bars are absolutely disgusting. Vermouth and other sweets acquire flying insects that take up residence in the bottles that have free pour stoppers. The shaker strainer harbors pulp and other stuff that dries out on them. Blenders are a science experiment. Beer mugs are not properly washed, EVER.

Hint: Never eat the soup of the day or a daily special on the weekday. Never eat the chili. Never eat "fresh" fish except on Saturday or Sunday. And never, and I mean NEVER drink draft beer from an outside bar.

You are welcome.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for the down low. I'm getting tired of all the cheaply produce at fast food companies. All the junk cost a lot already. Why not make it at home. How you want and it'll be cleaner than what you find in the restaurants.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yeap they recycle food a lot, including those rolls you didn't eat! A lot of places recycle their bread service, creamers, butters, jellies, etc. I mean, the salt and pepper shakers on a table are just as bad though.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by Gazrok

Why not make it at home. How you want and it'll be cleaner than what you find in the restaurants.

Unfortunately that is not true
If you are buying processed foods, or even fresh, you are still dealing with less than desirable practices. Most of your food will have bug parts in it and it is allowed and even considered nutritious. If you let your flour, cornmeal, or oats sit out on the counter for a month you will have beetles crawling around in them. Not just bug parts but even rodent feces are allowed in foods (not nutritious). Have you ever been to a strawberry farm? You will find immigrants breaking their backs bent over picking their hearts out but you will not see one portable toilet near. Where do you think they go? Yeap they crap right in the field. That's why we had that major e.coli outbreak some years ago.

Overall the best practice is to grow your own foods and hope that the neighbors don't come over and poop on your tomatoes.
edit on 8-6-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join