It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in drinking water.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

There is plenty of proof of negative effects .....just have a wee look
As for rinsing with fluoradated water after cleaning your teeth to wash in that fluoride ???
That's a negative ghost rider ......any dentist or hygienist worth their salt will tell you NOT to rinse with water as this takes the fluoride from the toothpaste OFF your teeth

NO sodium fluoride is not naturally in our water - not the stuff they put in anyways

And lots of negative health effects on the up

Some one gave the comparison to vitamins in the water and how we don't do it as we couldn't control dosage and it would be dangerous
HOW ON EARTH IS FLUORIDE ANY DIFFERENT

Take 80 mins out your day and watch the vid ......please

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

There is plenty of proof of negative effects .....just have a wee look
As for rinsing with fluoradated water after cleaning your teeth to wash in that fluoride ???
That's a negative ghost rider ......any dentist or hygienist worth their salt will tell you NOT to rinse with water as this takes the fluoride from the toothpaste OFF your teeth

NO sodium fluoride is not naturally in our water - not the stuff they put in anyways

And lots of negative health effects on the up

Some one gave the comparison to vitamins in the water and how we don't do it as we couldn't control dosage and it would be dangerous
HOW ON EARTH IS FLUORIDE ANY DIFFERENT

Take 80 mins out your day and watch the vid ......please

So the government has a master plan to kill all their people by poisoning you which may take 50 years to kill you?

lol

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Sankari

I knew a woman who's nephew died from drinking fluoridated water in the army boot camp many years ago. That case was well documented.

So what? Are you claiming it was the fluoride that killed him? Or was it something else in the water? Or was it completely unrelated to the water? If the incident was 'well documented' you should be able to provide plenty of details.

Saying noone has died from fluoridated water just made me think I need to closely examine what you say in the future more, you just spread a lie.

BZZZT! Wrong!

I did not say no-one has died from fluoridated water. Let's go back to the context.

Hopechest asked:

Has anyone ever died from a fluoride overdose from drinking water?

Note: she asked if anyone had died from a fluoride overdose from drinking water.

I answered:

No. Never. Not even once. The dosage is too low to cause harm, but high enough to do good.

Your anecdote is completely irrelevant to Hopechest's question and my answer.
edit on 6/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
You also have to consider long term effects, not just immediate.

What are the long term effects of drinking fluoridated water at a safe dosage, and how long is it supposed to take for these effects to emerge?

I've been ingesting fluoridated water for more than 40 years, with no sign of negative side effects. If this is killing me, it's taking it's own sweet time!

edit on 6/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I have been reading every article I see on fluoride since the mid seventies. I knew a woman who was active in fighting it because her nephew died of fluoride poisoning from consuming water. She was audited every year for her support of a group of doctors who were against fluoridating water.

I blew off water fluoridation for many years before I acquired enough knowledge to say I believe it is bad. I had to know the good points that fluoride possessed, other than the tooth lie, along with the negative. I do not believe fluoride in it's natural form is bad for us, in fact it is necessary for some reasons. It is not good to have it added to our drinking water in any of the three forms that they have done though. It can be injested safely as Calcium Fluoride naturally in water or it can be moderately consumed in the organic form in most instances. Looking at the plants that we consume that grow in high fluoride areas, I notice that it appears the plants response is to make a Methyl like substance in response to the restrictive effect of the fluoride. They may have evolved to need this Methyl to compete with other vegetation.

To adequately study human health you need to examine the possible needs of the plants that we and our foodchain consume.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Considering that every American drinks this water and you can only pull up one case from the seventies of a harmful effect I would have to assume that its not that dangerous.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Are you blind
You said noone has ever died from drinking fluoridated water...That is not true, a simple internet search will show the proof you need. The woman who's nephew died from drinking many glasses of the fluoridated water died of fluoride poisoning, which was verified by army medical research. There were many others that got poisoned around the same time at the base, but he was the only one I was AWARE of that died. This evidence is at some of the antifluoride sites. Just look at antifluoride sites to find evidence against fluoride, you aren't going to find it on a place promoting tooth health.

I have read thousands of articles on both sides of the subject over the last thirty five years. I evaluated everything. I have another question for you, how do you know that you are not poisoned by fluoride. A mild fluoride poisoning wouldn't be known by an individual....you get used to it and forget what it was like before the addition. Older people would just think they are starting to get older and more forgetful and lack the energy and strength they had when they were younger. Younger people would never have experienced not having fluoride after a while, never knowing how exiting the world really is when you have lots of energy.

Are you positive you show no side effects of the fluoride added to the water? NO...you cannot know for sure because your Speculation is not scientific evidence....

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The point is that there have been some verified deaths from Fluoride poisoning from fluoride added to water. It was just said to prove someone was giving misinfo. Death from fluoride added to water is rare but the compounding effect of fluoride caused by adding fluoride to water is still a real problem leading to problems in the health of the people. Say there are thirty possible problems that can occur from consuming extra fluoride, like the extra hydrofluoric acid that forms and eats out the valve on top of the stomach or the possibility of Hypothyroidism increasing from consuming coffee or tea made from fluoridated water. How about the fact that people who drink fluoridated water will pee more minerals out of their body and if they don't drink more water, they will become dehydrated because of this extra peeing which adds more fluoride.

Ok about thirty possible side effects in a hundred people at a chance of one in a hundred. That means that the thirty possible problems leads to a maximum of thirty percent maximum events per one hundred people. Of the thirty events, maybe ten are from extra headaches in the year, fifteen lower energy levels throughout the year, and five wind up in visits to a doctor once in a while with constant side effects of the medicine added to the water. I can't say that I like to increase the possible negative effects in my life....I avoid drinking fluoridated water but am not afraid of drinking it on occassion. I live in the country so I don't have fluoridated water. My well water probably has calcium fluoride in it, since I am down to the limestone, but the levels aren't probably that bad because the fluoride is bound to the calcium.

I study the odds of things. It is not just the water that was poisoning us, it was the miticides that were being used on the veggies to keep them looking good that contained fluoride also. It's in the frying pans, in the foods washed with fluoridated water or the water being used to water the garden. It all adds up, the logical thing is to take it out of the water. I have nothing against someone wanting to add fluoride to their own water or to have someone brush their teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. I only dislike having it added to our drinking water. That is not the governments job. Fluoride makes bones brittle, it also makes teeth brittle, they break easier.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

When fluoride was first made it was a toxic waste product that ATE THOUGH EVERY CONTAINER they tried to put it in and will kill anything. there solution was to feed it to every one in many different ways to get rid of the UNSTORABLE waste.They mix it with sodium so now it is containable but should we allow them to feed our kids this crap, why not put depleted uranium in the water? or are they already?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity

When fluoride was first made it was a toxic waste product that ATE THOUGH EVERY CONTAINER they tried to put it in and will kill anything. there solution was to feed it to every one in many different ways to get rid of the UNSTORABLE waste.They mix it with sodium so now it is containable but should we allow them to feed our kids this crap, why not put depleted uranium in the water? or are they already?

And yet people are living longer and longer lives.

Where exactly is the problem?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

When fluoride was first made it was a toxic waste product that ATE THOUGH EVERY CONTAINER they tried to put it in and will kill anything. there solution was to feed it to every one in many different ways to get rid of the UNSTORABLE waste.

Proof please. I'd like to see buckets of evidence for these claims.

Oh wait, I just remembered—you don't have any because it's absolute nonsense. Fluoride is easily stored, does not eat through 'every container', and does not require a sodium additive for safe handling.

Of course, I say 'fluoride' but that's just a generalisation. What I really mean is, 'the three different types of fluoride.' Apparently you think there's only one. How odd!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So your insightful reply is to mock the topic with an extreme possibility

There could be many reasons
There has been connections with fertility
Connections to subversion of spirit
Hell this stuff is chemical waste ........ If you had to choose between spending $$$ destroying this stuff or earning $$$ by selling it as a product ......which would you choose ......with a couple $ thrown around in lobbying

Hey look, you seem awfully interested in defending it
People have pointed you in a few directions ......and the vid I posted should be more than enough to prompt your own investigations .........and would have answered most of your and others points

Can't walk you all the way

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by TXRabbit

Has anyone ever died from a fluoride overdose from drinking water?

You may be right in why they add it but I say who cares.

Its not gonna kill you.

You can overdose on water. Probably not overdose on the concentration of fluoride in the water.

The cumulative effects on fluoride are a concern.

I drink spring water every day, and am fine.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
For millions of years we survived just fine WITHOUT adding POISON to our water!!
How on earth did we make it this far? was it because we listened to the fairies, or was it because nature equipped us with everything we need?

We add fluoride to toothpaste, we add it to our DRINKING water (ffs!) and we've been adding MERCURY to fillings
and now we see predictions of a dementia epidemic in the very near future. It's not rocket science is it!

For the fairy
You say we all live longer. Yep, lots of people spread that garbage. According to insurance records, we live on average 1.2 (one point two) years longer than we did in 1872. But when you consider the advancements in health care/medicines etc? If we were to take that away then most of us would not live as long as we used to.

John Adams 90
Thomas Jefferson 83
James Madison 85
Herbert Hoover 90
Harry Truman 88

Telling people we live longer is a deception.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by icanhearmusic
Recently a district in my country has stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. My initial thoughts are 'Great'.
I feel like water should be natural and we should benefit from its natural goodness, not some manufactured tampered liquid.

Fluoride is a natural product which occurs naturally in groundwater. In some areas its occurrence is so high that fluoridation of the water supply is unnecessary.

Tap water also contains chlorine, for the purpose of disinfection. Do you have any objections to chlorinated water, or are you only concerned by fluoride?

Bear in mind that if you drink untreated water—e.g. straight from a river—you will not get any chlorine but you'll still be getting fluoride.

Along with Mercury, Iron, Boron, Selenium, Barium, Uranium, Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Manganese, Arsenic, Lead, Zinc, Cyanide, Sulfates, Nitrates, etc. I wonder if people realize exactly what water treatment does take out from their raw water? Does anyone actually look at the data for the raw water in their area and see what the MAC's (Maximum Allowable Concentrations) are? Or do they just knee jerk everytime they hear about a chemical being added to their water to make it palatable?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Fluoride needs to be added, but, everyone has an opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think you have to consider that you are assuming the world in your area is safe, uncontaminated and healthy to drink.

For me, its not the flouride issue so much....that whole thing sux....but you seem to think we should be able to just turn on the tap and guzzle away additive free.

Maybe in a perfect world, but for the majority of us, basically we've ruined our soil, water tables with factory and pesticide runoff and settled impurities drifting down from the air and atmosphere.

Not many urban places left in this world where you can bend down and drink worry free. The bottled water guys were right as hell about this one.

The waters crappy, lets bottle up "spring" and "artesean well" water and put the names "mountain" and "spring-fed" and "ice" in it and sell them to the people like ourselves...who really want to have some pure and un-flitered or added-to refreshment. And it worked.

And our "natural" everyday local water is not getting any cleaner...faster. In may ways, its getting worse as the bottled water guys get richer.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
For millions of years we survived just fine WITHOUT adding POISON to our water!!
How on earth did we make it this far? was it because we listened to the fairies, or was it because nature equipped us with everything we need?

We add fluoride to toothpaste, we add it to our DRINKING water (ffs!) and we've been adding MERCURY to fillings
and now we see predictions of a dementia epidemic in the very near future. It's not rocket science is it!

For the fairy
You say we all live longer. Yep, lots of people spread that garbage. According to insurance records, we live on average 1.2 (one point two) years longer than we did in 1872. But when you consider the advancements in health care/medicines etc? If we were to take that away then most of us would not live as long as we used to.

John Adams 90
Thomas Jefferson 83
James Madison 85
Herbert Hoover 90
Harry Truman 88

Telling people we live longer is a deception.

Maybe it is that MORE people are living longer.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

When fluoride was first made it was a toxic waste product that ATE THOUGH EVERY CONTAINER they tried to put it in and will kill anything. there solution was to feed it to every one in many different ways to get rid of the UNSTORABLE waste.

Proof please. I'd like to see buckets of evidence for these claims.

Oh wait, I just remembered—you don't have any because it's absolute nonsense. Fluoride is easily stored, does not eat through 'every container', and does not require a sodium additive for safe handling.

Of course, I say 'fluoride' but that's just a generalisation. What I really mean is, 'the three different types of fluoride.' Apparently you think there's only one. How odd!

Powder form is the most stable one used for water treatment in my area, and you are right, it is very easily stored.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hydrofluoric acid is produced by treatment of the mineral fluorite (CaF2) with concentrated sulfuric acid. When combined at 265 °C, these two substances react to produce hydrogen fluoride and calcium sulfate according to the following chemical equation:
CaF2 + H2SO4 → 2 HF + CaSO4

Hydrogen fluoride gas is an acute poison that may immediately and permanently damage lungs and the corneas of the eyes. Aqueous hydrofluoric acid is a contact-poison with the potential for deep, initially painless burns and ensuing tissue death. By interfering with body calcium metabolism, the concentrated acid may also cause systemic toxicity and eventual cardiac arrest and fatality, after contact with as little as 160 cm2 (25 square inches) of skin.

Link

Where did you get your information from?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Considering that every American drinks this water and you can only pull up one case from the seventies of a harmful effect I would have to assume that its not that dangerous.

While I agree with you, I am not aware of any actual scientific studies done on communities that had fluoridated water compared with one without fluoridation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join