It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in drinking water.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Recently a district in my country has stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. My initial thoughts are 'Great' however this has not gone down well with the health officials.

I feel like water should be natural and we should benefit from its natural goodness, not some manufactured tampered liquid. The biggest argument from the opposition is that this will cause some sort of 'Tooth decay epidemic'. Really? people should have the choice whether they want to have additives put in their drinking water. Is brushing you not enough now days??

What are peoples thoughts on fluoride in drinking water? i might be looking at this the wrong way....

Link to article
edit on 6-6-2013 by icanhearmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by icanhearmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Honestly, fluoride is only one of many different terrible things in city tap water.

Hell, even bottled water is really bad. Crystal Geyser- a favorite over in California- got an F for transparency about what they allow in their water. They also have something like twice the arsenic as any other bottled water.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by icanhearmusic
Recently a district in my country has stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. My initial thoughts are 'Great'.
I feel like water should be natural and we should benefit from its natural goodness, not some manufactured tampered liquid.

Fluoride is a natural product which occurs naturally in groundwater. In some areas its occurrence is so high that fluoridation of the water supply is unnecessary.

Tap water also contains chlorine, for the purpose of disinfection. Do you have any objections to chlorinated water, or are you only concerned by fluoride?

Bear in mind that if you drink untreated water—e.g. straight from a river—you will not get any chlorine but you'll still be getting fluoride.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

If it already contains it then why add it? what annoys me is that their adding this crap in the water supply, we should have a say in what we drink, if we want added fluoride then go to the dentist and buy some fluoride tablets or how about people brush their teeth and lay off the sugar. We dont need to medicate the whole population because some people have poor oral hygiene

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

If it already contains it then why add it?

Because in most places the concentration isn't high enough to be efficacious.

we should have a say in what we drink

You do have a say in what you drink. You can use the water provided by the government or you can organise your own water supply. Either way, it's up to you. Nobody's forcing you to drink tap water.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Fluoride is a natural product which occurs naturally in groundwater. In some areas its occurrence is so high that fluoridation of the water supply is unnecessary.

Bear in mind that if you drink untreated water—e.g. straight from a river—you will not get any chlorine but you'll still be getting fluoride.

And right there is the Standard Approach, the first 'reason' given for why we add a different type of Flouride to our drinking water. Because "Nature thought of it first."

This approach is about making the questioner look stupid in public, another standard approach taken regularly by one side of the debate.

Natural Flouride is nothing like the two main types of Flouride we can choose to add to drinking water. To begin with, natural flouride is, well, naturally occuring. The other two are Toxic Industrial Waste Products, highly toxic in fact.

If the OP wishes to learn more about the true issues with enforced Mass medication via added Flouride in drinking water, then please go read through the website I will link to at the end of this post. Please insure you read all the SCIENCE, jot down the Scientists names, the main points from their resaerch and where their research can be found, etc.

You will need these if you intend to have any open discussion with Flouride Proponents because they will try very hard to make you feel stupid for not being able to offer a sound logical argument to refute their Personal Opinions.

Information on Flouride

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
hi Icanhearmusic

I too am from NZ and a former Hamiltonian.

The problem seems to be sodium fluoride. There are rumors on the internet that the Nazis and the Soviets used sodium fluoride to pacify and sterilize prisoners during WW2. No credible evidence can be found to support this but that does not mean it is not true. If you were secretly poisoning large groups of people would you make that information widely available? Maybe, maybe not.

What is documented though is that the first major treatment of a cities water supple was in the US in 1945. Now that fact, if it is fact, would lend credence to the possibility that this practice was brought back to the US when Nazi scientists were "seconded" by the US working in military and scientific research after WW2.

www.politifact.com...

If the practice had started somewhere other than Germany before WW2 then there would be little chance that it was developed in the concentration camps.

Another rumor states that it calcifies the pineal gland which in turn blocks access to the higher mental and spiritual abilities of the mind.

decalcifypinealgland.com...

Again more research will need to be done to confirm or negate these rumors. Until then i will be getting my water from a mineral spring. If there is fluoride in there, then its got to be a state that my body can handle surely?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sodium fluoride = toxic by product from manufacturing. Calcium fluoride = naturally occuring. And the one they add to the water supply and into toothpaste is the sodium variety.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
one thing is for sure. Its a great debate. Bringing this to the masses on the news hopefully will get the people to do there own homework on this issue. I know i have found out alot more tonight. Thank god its out of our water here.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

A good documentary to get you started is the truth about fluoride by dr Paul
A good place to start and not too heavy

talks about sodium and calcium fluoride
his historic reluctance to approach this subject despite international requests
its application
what good it does do
and many other interesting avenues

yeah plugs his book - but plugs others research more ( lol but plugs

skip to 13 mins to get past the waffle intro lol

edit on 6-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: added

edit on 6-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Recently a district in my country has stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. My initial thoughts are 'Great' however this has not gone down well with the health officials.

Well, they make money from sick people, don't they?

You wouldn't be too happy if someone made a decision that cut into your profits, would you?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The tapwater is fluoridated (?) where I live. I have noticed that most toothpaste also contains it. On the tubes it states that you should check before using the toothpaste if you live in a fluoridised area. Pretty strong warning to put in writing if its not a problem. Small children should only use small amounts of toothpaste also, I don't think it's because of the size of their mouth, It's because of the danger of this stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Natural water is downright nasty.

Whenever I'm out camping I always have to boil it first.

Bring on the fluoride I say.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My favorite argument is "they add it because the Government cares about your teeth!!"

L ohfriggin L

Seriously - our teeth? Why the F would our political system give a rats-ass about our teeth, let alone our health? Why not simply add vitamins to our drinking water, huh?

Adding this toxin to our water supply is simply a way to dispose of a highly toxic chemical byproduct of heavy industry. Some "genius" got the idea of diluting it to the point that effects may be negated and voila!! Instant chemical disposal that municipalities, no YOU, actually PAY FOR!! (taxes, ahem)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yeah...Fluoride goes on teeth to be effective. Drinking it doesn't do anything to your teeth. There really is no benefit to adding it to drinking water. It's poison.
edit on 6-6-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Has anyone ever died from a fluoride overdose from drinking water?

You may be right in why they add it but I say who cares.

Its not gonna kill you.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Why the F would our political system give a rats-ass about our teeth, let alone our health?

Because a healthy population is a productive population.

Why not simply add vitamins to our drinking water, huh?

Because that would be massively expensive, totally unnecessary, and bloody stupid. Since the dosage could not be individualised you'd run the risk of giving some people too much and others too little.

yeah...Fluoride goes on teeth to be effective.

Correct, that's why it's in toothpaste.

Drinking it doesn't do anything to your teeth. There really is no benefit to adding it to drinking water.

Brushing your teeth and rinsing them with water gets the fluoride onto your teeth quite nicely, and that's just one example.

Adding fluoride to tap water has great benefits, which is why it is done. The cost to the government is very small; less than one dollar per person per year.

It's poison.

My country has enjoyed fluoridated water for at least 50 years. If it's a poison, why isn't it killing us? Shouldn't we have noticed something by now?

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Adding this toxin to our water supply is simply a way to dispose of a highly toxic chemical byproduct of heavy industry.

You mean 'a naturally occurring chemical compound that you'll find in groundwater and other freshwater sources.'

There are in fact three different types of fluoride used in fluoridation (see the article here) and only one of them (fluorosilicic acid) is an industry byproduct—but it doesn't come from heavy industry; it comes from phosphate fertilizer manufacture.

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by TXRabbit

No. Never. Not even once. The dosage is too low to cause harm, but high enough to do good.
edit on 6/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Medications and foods that suppress the liver and thyroid lead to tooth decay more than no fluoride in the water. Additives in food that kill or disrupt Macrophages that cause a problem with the immune system allow cavities to grow. Fluoride is in bone, but the fluoride needs to be in the right ratio to magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium that are bioavailable. Fluoride added to water only helps people who do not consume organic fluoride in foods. Most people consume fluoride naturally and adding fluoride to water does nothing possitive. There are negative effects to adding fluoride to water that far exceed any good it can do. A molybdenum supplement is better for teeth than adding fluoride, it is a chelator and can help to bring the necessary substances into the teeth more than fluoride addition to water ever will. The antidepressant properties of fluoride are not good either, it causes way to many problems if too much is consumed. It is a good way to drive chloride out of the body though, it makes you pee.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I knew a woman who's nephew died from drinking fluoridated water in the army boot camp many years ago. That case was well documented. Saying noone has died from fluoridated water just made me think I need to closely examine what you say in the future more, you just spread a lie.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Natural water is downright nasty.

Whenever I'm out camping I always have to boil it first.

Bring on the fluoride I say.

While boiling water collected in nature is a good idea, Fluoride doesn't sterilize water, so...???

You may be right in why they add it but I say who cares.
Its not gonna kill you.

You also have to consider long term effects, not just immediate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join