It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles are AMAZING...man-made or NOT !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I see some of the posters here are new so wanted to share an earlier thread made in 2010 with lots of discussion, debate, photos and videos. A great thread with 109 flags:

Crop Circles...with some actual evidence

Also here is an excellent full feature movie:

UFOTV® Presents - CROP CIRCLES - The Quest for Truth - FREE HD Movie:

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

Originally posted by flyswatter

reply to post by flyswatter

So enlighten us as to your theory...at least he gave one.

My theory as to what makes crop circles?

Humans, until someone can show me something other than humans being responsible.

Show me proof that they were made by humans.

There's lots of proof that lots of crop circles were made by humans. If you'd been paying attention to my previous post, nobody can say with authority that all of them were created by humans, but on that same note, nobody can say with authority that any of them were created by aliens. Anyone claiming to have concrete proof of either of those is clearly out of touch with reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think crop circles are amazing also, even if they are manmade. I do feel sorry for the farmer though, it could cause some hardship. It's hard work with little pay for most farmers, lowering yields is like stealing money out of their wallet.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I see some of the posters here are new so wanted to share an earlier thread made in 2010 with lots of discussion, debate, photos and videos. A great thread with 109 flags:

Crop Circles...with some actual evidence

Also here is an excellent full feature movie:

UFOTV® Presents - CROP CIRCLES - The Quest for Truth - FREE HD Movie:

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think crop circles are amazing also, even if they are manmade. I do feel sorry for the farmer though, it could cause some hardship. It's hard work with little pay for most farmers, lowering yields is like stealing money out of their wallet.

Well they could, also, benefit if they chose to. But I get what you are saying. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There is absolutely no proof that the crop circles I posted were created by humans. I am more inclined to believe that whatever made them Humans were not on the list.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well they could, also, benefit if they chose to. But I get what you are saying. Thanks.

You're right, and some do benefit. There are instances where farmers have been the ones contracting to have the circles made, just to get tourists. Benefits of charging admission outweighed the cost of losing the crop.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There is absolutely no proof that the crop circles I posted were created by humans. I am more inclined to believe that whatever made them Humans were not on the list.

I believe I do recognize one of them as an admitted one from CircleMakers (2nd row, 3rd picture), but the rest I cant say that about. Proof may or may not be out there for others, who knows. I certainly dont have the time to spend looking around, at least not at the moment.

And dont get me wrong ... there is nothing wrong with saying that you believe they were made by something other than humans. The problem comes when someone sits there and says "blah blah, this is proof that it was made by something other than humans."

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The thing about these complex crop circles that gets me; you never see one that is incomplete. Creating these would likely take a team of people working on someone else's property for hours on end... Is it really plausible that none of these hoaxers have been caught in the act and kicked off the property, leaving an unfinished crop circle? I think if they were man made, we'd see many more pictures of partially finished crop circles. But instead, it seems the success rate of creating these complex designs is near perfect. That's just the way I see it...
reply to post by goochball

Exactly! Not only are they always complete, you never see mistakes. To create this in the dark without being caught and not making a mistake is really ridiculous. I've been a skilled draftsman for over 20 years. Some of the huge complex crop circle designs would even take an experienced drafter like myself a considerable amount of time, if I had to draw it on a drafting board using triangles, a compass and a simple t-square. Even than, your talking about an extremely small fraction of the size being drawing on paper compared to the huge designs created in the field.

Circles are easy to make, all you need is a stake with a string attached to it. Having said that, the size of these circles are huge, unless the rope is kept tight without the stake moving an inch, the starting point would never meet exactly at the end point of the circle. There would be too much play between the stake and the tightness of the rope. The larger the image, the more difficult it would be to hide your mistakes!

Some of these shapes have to be created by plotting coordinates and using a drawing technique called Geometric Construction. These coordinates have to be marked exactly for the shape to be constructed perfectly. You would definitely have to have a number of people staking, marking and standing at those particular coordinates. All being done under the cover of darkness.

Some people think crop circles are created by people using laser levels. Considering the number of coordinate points needed to created one of these huge detailed designs, the person using the laser level would be creating a fantastic light show that would be seen by people driving by. Here's a scenario, you're driving down a country road late at night where there are no street lights. You drive by an open field and all of a sudden a red beam of light streaks across the field. Unless you're blind, it would immediately attract your attention!

Let's keep passing cars out of the picture. People who live in nearby farm houses are sitting in their home, passing by a window, or sitting out on their front porch. My wife's family live in the country and I can't tell you first hand how many times we've been attracted to look outside when visiting there in the evenings. It's pitch black and quiet out there and uncommon lights coming from four wheelers, fire works in the distance, shooting stars and helicopters can easily catch your peripheral vision even at times when your not even looking out the window!

Logically thinking, if these designs were done by people, don't you think the odds of probability of being caught would have happened by now? They always manage to get the design completed by day break. People are human, we all make mistakes.

In my mind, the smoking gun to why I find it an impossibility for people to create these designs under the cover of darkness, is the idea of creating perfect tangents, at the immense scale that these designs are made.

There has been cash offers for people who are creating these huge crop circles to create them under darkness. There still hasn't been any takers, I wonder why? Seems like it would be an instant claim to fame, not to mention numerous book deals and interviews.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well, from where I'm sitting, since there is no definitive answer on whether humans or something else made these patterns, it seems like assuming that humans more than likely made them is the more logical side of the argument just based on the "Occam's Razor" principle. All that means is that when faced with multiple hypotheses, you should choose the one that has the LEAST number of assumptions.

Based on that, we know humans have always made clever tools to perform complex tasks, have the knowledge of geometry to make these forms and, pretty much always, alter the environment wherever we are. These we know are true. The other side of the argument is "something else did it." the problem is, here we don't have any concrete proof, so we have to make assumptions with no factual base. These things might be probable, but without having solid evidence, your hypothesis is far more fragile than one that bases it's prediction things we know are true and can be relied upon.

I personally have always wanted to believe that we are getting interstellar postcards from our sister planets, but I have to rely on logic for all things I don't have the answers to, so that when I draw conclusions independently, I can be sure I'm making accurate assumptions.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

So enlighten us as to your theory...at least he gave one.

My theory as to what makes crop circles?

Humans, until someone can show me something other than humans being responsible.

Show me proof that they were made by humans.

There's lots of proof that lots of crop circles were made by humans. If you'd been paying attention to my previous post, nobody can say with authority that all of them were created by humans, but on that same note, nobody can say with authority that any of them were created by aliens. Anyone claiming to have concrete proof of either of those is clearly out of touch with reality.

If they were not made by humans then who/what do you propose as an alternative to alien. Maybe the field mice are having a laugh at us and are conspiring to show their superiority at displaying geometry in a field.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Logically thinking, if these designs were done by people, don't you think the odds of probability of being caught would have happened by now? People are human, we all make mistakes.

How do you know they haven't been? Logically thinking, why would the people who conduct crop circle tours want to spoil the fun (and profit) and bust someone for it?
www.google.com...

They always manage to get the design completed by day break.
Not always. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my mind, the smoking gun to why I find it an impossibility for people to create these designs under the cover of darkness, is the idea of creating perfect tangents, at the immense scale that these designs are made.
Here's a handy little device that's really good for doing just that sort of thing.
www.builderonline.com...
edit on 6/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why are the stalks bent with extreme pressure and heat? Iron molecules? Dehydrated water table under the fields, as well as abnormal crop growth the following year?

I understand that many can be man made with lots of effort, but what equipment will produce the results listed above?

The idea of HAARP sounds reasonable, but I don't see how people can use laser levels to zap an entire field changing the crystalline structure of the plants.
edit on 6-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Why are the stalks bent with extreme pressure and heat?
They aren't.

Iron molecules?
Farm equipment?

Dehydrated water table under the fields, as well as abnormal crop growth the following year?
Drought? The fact that people tend to tromp around in crop circles, compacting the soil?

changing the crystalline structure of the plants.
Plants don't have a crystalline structure.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You're right, and some do benefit. There are instances where farmers have been the ones contracting to have the circles made, just to get tourists. Benefits of charging admission outweighed the cost of losing the crop.

Funny how you don't have time to share anything specific....where is your supposed proof of this?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

They aren't.

Iron molecules?
Farm equipment?

Dehydrated water table under the fields, as well as abnormal crop growth the following year?
Drought? The fact that people tend to tromp around in crop circles, compacting the soil?

Did you even take the time to read/do research?

Here is the first link I posted on the first page of this thread:
www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Here is another link on research of warped plant stalks:
www.bltresearch.com...

The physical changes (listed below) documented in crop circle plants by Michigan biophysicist W.C. Levengood have been determined by evaluating hundreds of sample plants -- both downed and standing -- taken from inside the overall perimeter of each formation against hundreds of control plants taken at varying distances outside each formation, in several directions. More than 250 individual crop formations from multiple countries, over a 10-year period were examined in-depth.

Wait, where's your evidence other than a simple "no" ? and a simple "farm equipment?"

Why not view this with an open mind rather than being so dismissive?
edit on 6-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by WeRpeons

Logically thinking, if these designs were done by people, don't you think the odds of probability of being caught would have happened by now? People are human, we all make mistakes.

How do you know they haven't been? Logically thinking, why would the people who conduct crop circle tours want to spoil the fun (and profit) and bust someone for it?
www.google.com...

They always manage to get the design completed by day break.
Not always. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a handy little device that's really good for doing just that sort of thing.
www.builderonline.com...

You see...this is how people should respond to a post...add something...doesn't matter if I agree with you or not...at least Phage..has it right...he gives his opinion and usually has something to back up his side of the equation.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Did you even take the time to read/do research?
Yes, long before this thread showed up. I'm quite familiar with Levengood's claims. You know he doesn't believe they are made by ET, right?
Here's just one, very involved critism of them.
www.scientificexploration.org...

Why not view this with an open mind rather than being so dismissive?
Do you really think this the first time I've heard the claims?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

They aren't.

Iron molecules?
Farm equipment?

www.plantcell.org...

Cell-Mediated Crystallization of Calcium Oxalate in Plants:

In higher plants, calcium oxalate typically develops within intravacuolar membrane chambers of specialized cells. The complex cellular features associated with calcium oxalate crystallization

edit on 6-6-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Easy there, If anyone has done the time here it is Phage. He is notorious for getting under the skin though. I will be the first to admit it may be difficult to deal with from a thread perspective, but he is not one of these drive by poster's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join