It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Reloaded: Meanings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The Matrix Trilogy

Sometimes it is beneficial to watch a movie outside of its intended time frame in order to understand its meaning. I believe that when a visionary writes, he or she is drawing on pieces from the future, sometimes without realizing it. In addition, a lot of what is thought to be science fiction is actually an expansion on the present culture, so watching older movies can give you an insight into what life was like in the past.

I was wondering why some people have mental blocks when it comes to seeing the future, and I figured out why.

The Oracle said we have already made our choices, we are here to understand why. And that we can't see past the choices we don't understand. This tells me that none of us are able to see what is coming in the future because it is past our comprehension.

I have to mention quantum physics again. I believe that if you had made a choice already, then you would not be able to see where that choice leads. But if you have not made a choice, you can see the options.

If The Matrix was meant to foreshadow an age of enlightenment and figuring out who we really are, which I would argue happened in the years following its release, then The Matrix: Reloaded is meant to depict the time period we have recently entered. There are lessons in that movie that I never picked up on before, because I saw it in the wrong era.

I will give you one example. When Morpheus told of the prophecy and "The One" I used to believe him and think that everyone else was getting in his way. Now, when I watch the movie, I tend to connect more with the people who think he is crazy.

Art is something that is hardly understood. A lot of what an artist depicts, he or she has no idea of the true meaning, but is accessing a realm beyond our understanding. The duty of an artist is to express what they encounter in the other realm. Therefore, their art may have meaning in it that they are not aware of.

Maybe it is because the artist has not made his choices and therefore has the freedom to see the future.

Another very important lesson that The Matrix: Reloaded mentions is the idea that the matrix repeats itself, over and over again.

I have not watched The Matrix: Revolutions yet, but I am guessing it will have to do with the next time period, where we awaken and fight the machines (which represent, well, human machines basically) and the final overthrow of the system, even after many cycles.

Note: I have watched The Matrix: Revolutions and it seems to depict the time period we are about to enter.
edit on 5-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

matrix rules,,, i would think that we have lost the fight, and we living in sion, hidden, safe.

i like the dune,,, the spice extends life, the spice expands consciousness, the spice is vital, for space travel,
travel, without moving....

also i think that lovecraft was really on to something with his terrible tales,
-he invented the ancient astronauts-
---or discovered them?
i really liked your thoughts on art,,,,
lets expand the theory to pyramids, what if they did not have the correct meaning then? maybe the time is now.
edit on 5-6-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Thanks man! The art thing is interesting, right? I have this theory about how artists work. They are given the ability to perceive reality outside of the people who are involved in The Matrix Games.

That allows them to criticize and even predict future events (especially if they are especially talented / perceptive) by being an outside observer. This is extremely related to quantum physics.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If The Matrix was meant to foreshadow an age of enlightenment and figuring out who we really are, which I would argue happened in the years following its release

Why would you think that?
Things are not left in a perfect state. They are left in a state of confusion, actually.

While the war is ended, that doesn't mean things are perfect or they enter an age of enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well... The Matrix represents the opening of the eyes to the real reality, which is going to result in a lot of chaos. I guess you are right about us not figuring out who we really are now, but I would say a lot of us are in the process.

And a lot of us are oblivious, as well.
edit on 6-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

There is definitely something going on with the pyramids. I think from our current cultural perspective we are blind as to their purpose, and are simply projecting what we would use them for onto them instead of analyzing them in an unbiased manner.

Although I suspect some people would have the ability to analyze them in an unbiased manner and know the reality of why they were made, I'll have to check this out.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The matrix brings a certain pre determined yet changeable and moldable reality to our present past and future.

Just a hint. Quote by me. " If it happens in the matrix, your mind makes it real". As in, perception, focus and belief.

I know that things can "Happen" when you put your mind to it. And I'm not kidding!

And when I say put your mind to it, I mean really make a reality real in your mind.

Another hint. When you go to bed tonight, THINK REALLY HARD about making more money.

Wait a week or so, then PM me and tell me how it went. You will remember .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There is a video called the psychology/meanings behind the matrix trilogy. I just happened to have downloaded it a week or so ago, but due to T&C I cannot link it, but I am sure you can find it in a search.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

join