It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superformula' Turns Child Cancer Patients Into Superheroes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This is MOST DISTURBING.

Brainwashing children with popular comic book characters to take their POISON radiation and Chemotherapy.

Instead of spending the time and money to find safer ways to treat cancer - or better yet why dont they simply USE one of the Many Cancer CURES already available and proven to work? Because it's not about helping these children, it's about making MONEY - at these children's expense.

Utterly Pathetic !

I bet you wouldnt say that if you had a child going thru this, you'd do ANYTHING to try to keep them ALIVE!!!

Perhaps - But why choose the worst course of action FIRST? many times radiation and Chemo is Worse thn the cancer the patient has and to do tHAT TO Children's bodies is unthinkable - unless you have exhausted all other options FIRST. Those hospitals don't even discuss other options with people because there is No money in it. Really man.. parents Need to be smarter than that for their childs sake.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

thats so amazing, thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

With cancer, and in particular childhood cancer, you don't have the luxury of trying stuff to see if it works. Cancer moves fast and time is of the essence in obtaining a successful treatment.

If time is wasted on attempts at alternative treatments it could very well be too late by the time conventional therapies are used. Conventional therapies which do work, I had my last chemo treatment 26 years ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Well, I suppose whatever takes their mind off of their body being ravaged by both cancer and the chemo.

More than that, it's the ultimate placebo, mind over matter effect. Good thinking.... (as long as it is used in combination with tried and true methods)

Congrats on that Phage...awesome to hear.
(success of your treatment)
edit on 6-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sorry but to all the people refusing conventional cancer treatment just look up how that worked for steve jobs.
Also this can do nothing but good in my book for the kid's.
edit on 6-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why don't they just give them the cure instead of acting like there isn't one?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
yeah except unless they are in early stages of cancer, that "superformula" I mean Chemotherapy is going to kill them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The first time my dad beat hodgkin's lymphoma AFTER he decided to refuse treatment.

They gave him 6 months.

He met my mom two months later and she put him on an herbal regiment that eventually made it all disapeer.

Four years ago my dad stayed on Chemo until it rendered his immune system useless, and he died from Pneumonia.

Great work chemo does for you!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Anecdotal evidence does not trump medical science.

Chemo is horrible, but it has a higher success rate than fake medicine.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

How can you say he beat it if it killed him? I'm sorry for your father but his refusal of treatment is what killed him. It's unfortunate because Hodgkins is one of the most treatable cancers. He waited too long.

I had third stage Hodgkins. I beat it. 26 years ago. With chemotherapy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
A little vid I found on the subject.

Great stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
except the mere fact that your telling these kids to take chemo, which is horrible for anyone to take at all. it is poison. and the industry knows this. it wasnt the cancer that killed my dad. it was the poison in those iv's, he was doing great until they pumped that crap into him

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
except the mere fact that your telling these kids to take chemo, which is horrible for anyone to take at all. it is poison. and the industry knows this. it wasnt the cancer that killed my dad. it was the poison in those iv's, he was doing great until they pumped that crap into him
i think the whole idea is to give the kids hope stregnth and courage. I know its bad it took my wife. Its rough stuff. But a awesome game plan. And one i think could lower the mortality rate some.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

o help the children better understand their cancer and chemotherapy, the cancer center's ad agency, JWT, partnered with another of its clients, Warner Brothers, to get the superheroes involved in the fight against cancer.

Lol this title is extremely misleading. Lol so the superformula is some superhero love. Are we gunna have a bunch of kids running around with capes and stuff at hospitals now?* YAY superman cured my cancer* - Ralph from simpsons voice

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Anecdotal evidence does not trump medical science.

Chemo is horrible, but it has a higher success rate than fake medicine.

Really?

Your credibility about this subject has all been wasted at the fact that you called alternative remedies fake.

Chemo killed my dad, plain and simple. Destroyed his immune system then he died from something as trivial as Pneumonia.

Earlier in life he beat cancer with my mom's herbal regiment.

What is anecdotal about that?

Oh, I get it you are a dumb ass troll and you do this in every thread.

Get a #ing life #head!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

How can you say he beat it if it killed him? I'm sorry for your father but his refusal of treatment is what killed him. It's unfortunate because Hodgkins is one of the most treatable cancers. He waited too long.

I had third stage Hodgkins. I beat it. 26 years ago. With chemotherapy.

Did you read my post or do you have dislexia?

I said when he had hodgkin's lymphoma when he was young he beat it without chemo and started eating healthy and exercising. Getting in good shape and starving the tumors.

Then, when he had lung cancer in his fifty's(four years ago) he was on chemo until his immune system was nothing and he died from pneumonia.

You say you had chemo I understand but do you understand what chemo is?

Chemo is killing what is killing you whilst killing you!

That is like switching in a lion from killing you in for a much larger and deadlier poisonous elephant!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i find it bull# how chemicals and radiation cause cancer, and the cure is more chemicals and radiation? such bs theres a better cure for cancer i just know it. >_

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Did you read my post or do you have dislexia?
Yes I read it. No I don't. I'm not a mind reader either.

I said when he had hodgkin's lymphoma when he was young
No. You didn't say that.

Then, when he had lung cancer in his fifty's(four years ago)
You didn't say that.

You say you had chemo I understand but do you understand what chemo is?
Yes, pretty well. I did some studying up before I started treatment and more since.

Chemo is killing what is killing you whilst killing you!
Not really, no. Chemo doesn't so much kill cancer cells and it doesn't so much kill healthy cells. It interferes with cellular reproduction. It works because cancer cells reproduce faster than most normal cells. Some normal cells do reproduce fast though; those of the hair follicles and the inside of the mouth for example. The effects on those cells are what lead to the side effects of chemotherapy.

edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well done on your lengthy remission Phage. They go on 5yrs. So a cure is not a stretch at 10. Fantastic on achieving 26yrs !

Do you believe that a mental component is in play here ( positive v negative ) ?
I am positive that it can't hurt ...

edit on 8-6-2013 by Timely because: more words

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Thanks.
I and my doctor (second one, first one retired on me) are quite happy to call it cured.

The mental aspect is extremely important. It's not easy to endure the therapy. It takes a lot to sit down in that chair knowing how you're going to feel in an hour. Once I started puking before the treatment. Sort of a conditioned response.

I understand it's been refined a lot since then though and the anti-nausea medications are more effective.
edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join