It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superformula' Turns Child Cancer Patients Into Superheroes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My one concern is giving these children false hope, in causing them to believe that the chemo therapy "super serum" will save them. What happens when these children get sick and start dying? It will crush them completely when they realize that they are going to die.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Timely

I have a real problem with it. I'm sorry if that bursts your little warm bubble full of happy thoughts and magical rainbows but this is ATS and I'm going to say what I think whether it's something positive or negative.

There were no warm bubbles or happy thoughts watching my son deal with this as a 4yr old.

Hope you never have to deal with anything remotely similar

Finished with you.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I watched that doco a year or more ago. Sounded great. So does Dr. Greer.

Oh ok, so all the court battles he won

How many court battles? Over what, exactly?

all the patients he cured

Where are all the patients he cured?

all the documentation including documentation of FDA clinical trials.

Where are all the FDA clinical trials proving Burzynski's treatment works?

This is just one of many cancer cures which has a whole lot of documented evidence behind it

Where is that evidence?

Anyway, here are some links from the most reputable sources available about antineoplastons.

None of these links prove that Burzynski's treatment works.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You are obviously not going to find an official statement saying "yes this treatments works" because the medical establishment has worked extremely hard to discredit this man. But there certainly is enough documentation available to verify for ones self the effectiveness of his treatments, and I have already provided such documentation. Many of his patients are shown in the documentary if you care to watch it, many of whom have testified in court on Burzynski's behalf. You can see some of the video testimony in the doco, if you wish to find the exact court documents go ahead but I have better things to do, I've already submitted enough information to this ridiculously pathetic thread and if anyone wants to look deeper into it they can. It's clear nothing I will present to you will ever change your mind anyway, I'd be wasting my time.
edit on 6/6/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for chiming in on this thread, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying whew, so glad you made it here.

Since you've been treated, and appear to be somewhat still educated about advances in cancer therapies, I'm wondering whether you know of any discoveries in the field which were very inexpensive to implement and were of no profit to any pharmaceutical companies. I'm hoping for a yes, because I'd feel a bit more peaceful about so many lives being placed in the hands of so few researchers.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
My one concern is giving these children false hope, in causing them to believe that the chemo therapy "super serum" will save them. What happens when these children get sick and start dying? It will crush them completely when they realize that they are going to die.

You are wrong.
These kids are very young.
The concept is not a focal point.

There is no - one size fits all with treatments. That is why many different protocols are in place -
simultaneously. It is all about percentages. ( see my edit a few posts back )

You have got to be positive for your child. Regardless. They trust you.

Happy faces all the way.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How cute, they are going to save children with a superformula!
Emotional manipulation, hello?

I'm sure most that go along this idea think it's a great thing, in our disgusting world it might be.
That doesn't change the fact that chemo therapy is a stupid idea to and that it's big business.

The day we will remove the idea of profiting from the sick, then maybe I will start believing in their cures.
Till then, it just looks like more reasons to make money off desperate people and their families.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is MOST DISTURBING.

Brainwashing children with popular comic book characters to take their POISON radiation and Chemotherapy.

Instead of spending the time and money to find safer ways to treat cancer - or better yet why dont they simply USE one of the Many Cancer CURES already available and proven to work? Because it's not about helping these children, it's about making MONEY - at these children's expense.

Utterly Pathetic !

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I support a cncer charity - but - imo - they do not have a cancer remedy in the works (sadly). Tho they have been 'working' in the r&d for cancer for some odd 50 years.
Might want to check out herbal alternatives - many are posted on this sight.
I have lost 2 friends to cancer - at least one was, I suspect, caused by the doctor visit.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
most oncologists wouldn't take if they had cancer

I suspect they wouldn't have the giblets to try something that mainstream medicine tells them is their only option. Most parents are uneducated about cancers and chemotherapies until the situation arises. They are faced with a decision. a) Try what seems to be their only option, b) neglect, or postpone, treating their child's illness to seek an alternative.

It's not a light decision and most parents have a very limited time to decide.

What the hell could more heinous then profiting from giving false hope to a child?

I don't know, I'm feeling pretty alive and well after 10 years of remission. It's hardly false hope. It is incredibly unlikely that my cancer will return at this point. I'm feeling pretty cured. I know plenty of survivors, both children and adults. I, for one, am very thankful for my life. And success rates are creeping higher and higher every decade.

What's the alternative? Letting the kids die at home without giving them a chance?
edit on 6-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And I would define real treatment as something that doesn't kill the patient in the process and actually provides an outlook for the future.

Look, I agree with you to a point. The treatments sucked beyond imagination. There were times I was literally praying for death every waking hour.

The thing is, parents have a choice to make. They bring their child to a western doctor who says, "Get them into treatment right away, that is their only hope. I'm scheduling an appointment with oncologists and surgeons right now! Go home, pack a bag, be ready in 2 hours!" (that's what happened to me anyway.)

This doctor is someone the family trusts and thinks is totally knowledgeable and beneficent in the matter. No parent at that point would say, "No thanks." No parent would consciously neglect their child's needs.

There is more to the process than just rejecting bad treatments. Many don't even know they have alternative treatments to turn to. I didn't know about alternatives until I was in remission for years.

Best thing to do is to inform people of multiple options
(which I see you're doing now.)

I do wish I had an alternative to even consider when my mother signed my admittance sheets to the hospital.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Using brainwashing techniques to make children take something almost most oncologists wouldn't take if they had cancer is sick and inhuman
remission is NO CURE

3 0f 4 Cancer Doctors would NOT take Chemo themselves, due to destroying the body and low success rate.

Research using polls and questionnaires continue to show that 3 of every 4 doctors and scientists would refuse chemotherapy for themselves due to its devastating effects on the entire body and the immune system, and because of its extremely low success rate.

Lie. This was debunked three years ago. Click here for details.

A few points to note:

* The poll was from 1985
* The poll results did not reflect the opinions of '3 of every 4 doctors and scientists'; it only consulted a small group of physicians and oncology nurses
* The poll invited recipients to specify which experimental treatments they would use on themselves
* One option was a specific form of chemotheraphy which was still experimental at that time (cisplatin)
* Follow-up surveys in the 1990s showed strong support for chemotherapy and radiotherapy

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What a wonderful idea!

I've watched three of my students struggle with leukemia over the years. Visiting them in the oncology ward....that's heartbreaking.

Seeing them return to school and rejoin the world....that's priceless.

Anything that can be done to help their morale should be done.

Thanks, Homer. S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Great Post!

I think that boosting morale is just as important if not more important than the medicine itself. These kids need to be kids, need to believe in superheroes. They need to believe that they themselves have the strength to make it through.

Kudos to DC comics for trying to make a difference.

edit on 6-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This is MOST DISTURBING.

Brainwashing children with popular comic book characters to take their POISON radiation and Chemotherapy.

Instead of spending the time and money to find safer ways to treat cancer - or better yet why dont they simply USE one of the Many Cancer CURES already available and proven to work? Because it's not about helping these children, it's about making MONEY - at these children's expense.

Utterly Pathetic !

I bet you wouldnt say that if you had a child going thru this, you'd do ANYTHING to try to keep them ALIVE!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I bet you wouldnt say that if you had a child going thru this, you'd do ANYTHING to try to keep them ALIVE!!!

If I had a child suffering from cancer my last resort would chemotherapy and radiation treatment. I'd go out of my way to seek alternative options which don't give my child a slightly delayed death sentence at the expense of any remaining vitality they may have had. There are better options, whether you choose to keep a closed mind or seek out those options is not my problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by HomerinNC

If I had a child suffering from cancer my last resort would chemotherapy and radiation treatment. I'd go out of my way to seek alternative options which don't give my child a slightly delayed death sentence at the expense of any remaining vitality they may have had. There are better options, whether you choose to keep a closed mind or seek out those options is not my problem.

Who's to say these other parents havent sought the same alternatives?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
whew, so glad you made it here.

Thanks, me too.

I'm wondering whether you know of any discoveries in the field which were very inexpensive to implement and were of no profit to any pharmaceutical companies.

I'm sorry that I don't. I've heard of many so-called suppressed alternative cures over the years from ATS and Coast to Coast AM type programs. There are also supposed to be many natural, homeopathic/holistic cures.

That is not my area of expertise. I've never tried any and don't have my hands on the voluminous research, nor do I have the scientific qualifications, to approve or deny the validity of any alternative treatments.

It's just something that you'll have to look into when/if (god forbid) the situation arises.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would like to share a photo from my personal collection. Whatever you want to think of the current treatment methods or the program mentioned in the OP, just remember that these are real kids, undergoing very real, uphill battles. I am shocked at some of the indifference and cynicism expressed in this thread. Personally, each and every one of these kids across the globe is my hero.

(No, it's not me!
)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

A picture can really be worth a thousand words.

I hope the blindfolds are off !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join