It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superformula' Turns Child Cancer Patients Into Superheroes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Its often said that children have a better change to survive cancer, because they have greater imaginations.

That may possibly be true but that doesn't make chemotherapy any better of a treatment. The responses in this thread are so predictable, the power of emotional manipulation never fails to amaze me.

Go ahead and paint me as the evil old troll derailing the thread... that is fine, it doesn't make what I'm saying any less true or make the rest of you some how more moral or righteous than me.

I am merely pointing out the fact that these cartoons are misleading and deceptive with regard to the true reality of the matter, especially when I don't believe chemotherapy is the best treatment out there.

I can't help but see these children as victims of a screwed up society which is trying to make this maliciously insidious treatment look as though it's a super treatment. It's the worste treatment possible.

So I must ask am I really the one here who doesn't care about the health or feelings of these children? Or am I merely looking past my emotional bias to see the cold harsh truth?
edit on 6/6/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

How much time have you spent in a children's cancer ward ?

What have you done to improve their day to day misery ?

I'm surprised to see you still here ...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
I'm surprised to see you still here ...

That's because he is just an armchair crusader with no real-world experience in the matters of terminal pediatric cancer.

Sure it's easy to blame the big, bad conspiracy. But underneath all that, there are still sick kids who need emotional support.

ChaoticOrder is choosing to ignore this very fundamental truth. He is just going to post from his ivory tower because he has never been in this situation.

If it happened to him or to someone he loved, he would not be so cavalier about all this.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

That's because he is just an armchair crusader with no real-world experience in the matters of terminal pediatric cancer.

I'm not the one making broad assumptions about what you have personally dealt with or experienced. You speak as if you know me or what I have seen in my life but in fact you know absolutely nothing about me.

At this point I will be exiting the thread because it's clear that any chance for rational and calm discussion without personal attacks has now been thrown out the window.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
what I have seen in my life but in fact you know absolutely nothing about me.

By all means, tell us about your experience with terminal illness. You speak of this miracle cure for cancer. Do you have personal experience with it? You or a loved one?

It seems you're the one withholding relevant information and testimony.

it's clear that any chance for rational and calm discussion without personal attacks has now been thrown out the window.

Your first post in this thread started with an "lol," and you wanna talk about respectful, rational discussion?

edit on 6-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Since you asked a good question I will go back on what I just said and respond to you. I never claimed to know of a miracle cure for cancer, I simply said that chemotherapy is not the best treatment. My personal experience with cancer is not extensive, I've had a couple of relatives die from cancer in the last few years before I had done research on the topic. But in my research I have found a lot of evidence which makes it absolutely clear beyond a doubt that we have better treatments than chemotherapy, less expensive treatments which are much more effective much more of the time.

The first place you might want to start is the cancer link in my signature, I've put together a huge amount of information already. Of particular significance is Dr. Burzynski's antineoplaston treatment. He has fought and won countless legal battles against the US Government and the FDA since the 70's in an attempt to get his treatment accepted. If you want one place to start on your research than start with this documentary:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Really touching OP, good on the Ad agency thinking this up it can only do good in my eyes.
Ignore the trolls people.
Sometimes you just have to look at the story and not try to read between the lines, this is just about helping kids and If this helps just save one child then it is a success.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Gonna show this to a Nurse I know who works with kids with cancer...maybe more places can do the same eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

i cant believe some of the replys in this thread

i for one think this is a good idea,as it takes it off of the kids minds for at

least awhile

starred and flagged

by the way my dad beat the big C

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Of particular significance is Dr. Burzynski's antineoplaston treatment.

Burzynski is a quack.

His treatment is just another form of chemotherapy but unfortunately not one that is based on good science, so it doesn't work and people die when they use it. For reasons known only to Burzynski, this ineffectual treatment is nevertheless highly expensive.

Here is one couple's experience with Burzynski: www.burzynskiscam.com

Click here to read many, many more horror stories from Burzynski's death factory.

My grandmother had breast cancer, and she beat it with conventional medicine.
edit on 6/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Using brainwashing techniques to make children take something almost most oncologists wouldn't take if they had cancer is sick and inhuman
remission is NO CURE

3 0f 4 Cancer Doctors would NOT take Chemo themselves, due to destroying the body and low success rate.

Research using polls and questionnaires continue to show that 3 of every 4 doctors and scientists would refuse chemotherapy for themselves due to its devastating effects on the entire body and the immune system, and because of its extremely low success rate. On top of that, only 2 to 4% of all cancers even respond to chemotherapy or prove to be “life extending,” yet it is prescribed across the board for just about every kind of cancer.

sherriequestioningall.blogspot.ca...

hey LETS SELL THIS CRAP TO CHILDREN, WE WILL MAKE MILLIONS!
edit on 6-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

No wonder Angelina Jolie had her boobies hacked off

say
When was the last tine Spiderman ( super powers froma radioactive spider bite? Lord tundering Jesus boy!
when was the last ( first) time spiderman ( or superman or batman ) actually saved a real person...?

What the hell could more heinous then profiting from giving false hope to a child?

cancer cures from A to Z
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The OP has some 240 stars ...go there read and star and flag

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Of particular significance is Dr. Burzynski's antineoplaston treatment.

Burzynski is a quack.

His treatment is just another form of chemotherapy.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. His treatment has nothing to do with chemotherapy and there are dozens of his patients who have testified in court under oath that his treatment works.

I'll leave this up to you ATS, you can either trust Sankari and the blog link or you can watch the doco I posted and make up your own mind. You might also do well to look through Sankari's post history.

I'm out. My tolerance for ignorance can only be extended so far. I've provided everything anyone needs to make an informed decision.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I suppose you are going to rag on Santa and the Easter Bunny too.

The OP is about giving these kids something to improve their lot. Simple as that.

They don't have a choice in the manner of treatment they must endure. Is it that bad that these people are
trying to keep a modicum of childhood hopes and fantasies alive in these poor kids ?

Sure, big pharma, money etc. is definitely rife for discussion. Just not here.
By the way, did you know that a lot of the chemo drugs used are derivatives of natural plants ?
Vincristine being just one.

Don't stomp on people trying to make it better for kids. Take it up with the medico's .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Don't stomp on people trying to make it better for kids.

Making things better for the kids would involve GIVING THEM REAL TREATMENTS INSTEAD OF DOSING THEM WITH DEADLY RADIATION AND ACTING LIKE IT'S A MIRACLE CURE!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Define real treatments.
Multiple protocols are used in the search for the best possible way of helping these kids beat various cancers.

Tell us about your proven alternatives...

ETA; would the methods in the OP not work equally well regardless of treatment.
I think the scared little children would like "superhero" serum. Regardless of what it consists of .

edit on 6-6-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Tell us about your proven alternatives...

I've already posted the information requested, why don't you review it properly and then get back to us.

And I would define real treatment as something that doesn't kill the patient in the process and actually provides an outlook for the future.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I watched that doco a year or more ago. Sounded great. So does Dr. Greer.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

I watched that doco a year or more ago. Sounded great. So does Dr. Greer.

Oh ok, so all the court battles he won, all the patients he cured, all the documentation including documentation of FDA clinical trials. It seems to me you are overlooking a whole lot of evidence which clearly demonstrates his method does work. The fact you can even attempt to equate Greer with Burzynski is pathetic. It's people like you who are preventing us from having these cures accepted into the mainstream. This is just one of many cancer cures which has a whole lot of documented evidence behind it, to think chemotherapy is still our best option is absolutely absurd. You've been brainwashed into thinking that but make no mistake, you're clearly wrong. You can go right ahead and take the chemotherapy route if you get cancer, but you best realize exactly what it is you are choosing to do and the consequences of it.

EDIT: to add some more info found here: Cancer Cure Kept Hidden! FDA tried to have Info Shut Down!

Originally posted by matito
Anyway, here are some links from the most reputable sources available about antineoplastons. I don't have a list of the cancers that antineoplastons treat, yet I did read that it included over 50 types of cancer. I hope this helps.

Antineoplastons (PDQ®) directly from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
www.cancer.gov...
www.cancer.gov...
www.cancer.gov...
www.cancer.gov...
www.cancer.gov...

Antineoplastons Phase III Trial from Yahoo
finance.yahoo.com...

Antineoplastons Clinical Trials from National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Antineoplastons Doses:
www.cancer.gov...
Antineoplastons Results from National Cancer Institute (NCI) :
www.cancer.gov...
Antineoplastons Adverse Effects from National Cancer Institute (NCI) :
www.cancer.gov...

Published medical results of Antineoplastons treatment from PubMed.gov

Phase I clinical studies of antineoplaston A3 injections.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Targeted therapy with antineoplastons A10 and AS2-1 of high-grade, recurrent, and progressive brainstem glioma.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Phase I clinical studies of antineoplaston A5 injections.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Long-term survival of high-risk pediatric patients with primitive neuroectodermal tumors treated with antineoplastons A10 and AS2-1.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Phase II study of antineoplaston A10 and AS2-1 in patients with recurrent diffuse intrinsic brain stem glioma: a preliminary report.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Phase II study of antineoplastons A10 (NSC 648539) and AS2-1 (NSC 620261) in patients with recurrent glioma.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Toxicological study on antineoplastons A-10 and AS2-1 in cancer patients.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Toxicology studies on antineoplaston AS2-1 injections in cancer patients.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Toxicology studies on antineoplaston AS2-5 injections in cancer patients.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Antineoplaston A in cancer therapy. (I).
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The effect of Antineoplaston, a new antitumor agent on malignant brain tumors.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burzynski Research Institute press releases and information
www.burzynskiresearch.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You have the luxury of being a detached observer with some type of agenda.

Can you not agree that the OP can be beneficial to kids REGARDLESS of what medicine / protocol
or whatever you think best ?

ETA: When I was questioning "why" and stating that big pharma was making plenty off cancer victims.
as well as sourcing and exploring alternatives wherever I could, as I was a father finding myself in a position of not being able to " just make it better " for my boy, a Professor of oncology made me stop and take note.

His words " Don't you think that if there was a proven alternative; we would not be using that. We don't like having to watch these kids suffer, we also have children. "

I'm done.

Go the superhero's !
edit on 6-6-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Can you not agree that the OP can be beneficial to kids REGARDLESS of what medicine / protocol
or whatever you think best ?

Yes I can agree with that obviously but when it's used in this way to promote a demonstrably bad and mostly infective treatment, especially when more reasonable treatments exists, I have a real problem with it. I'm sorry if that bursts your little warm bubble full of happy thoughts and magical rainbows but this is ATS and I'm going to say what I think whether it's something positive or negative. In this case unfortunately I don't agree with what they are doing but perhaps under different circumstances I would.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join