It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do "they" continue to block the sun in Washington state? You should get the irony in the title

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Last year I posted a thread about the anomalous trails and ensuing atmospheric effects and got a lot of responses which I am thankful for, lots of different opinions and good feedback ( thread here I have been studying this topic for the last year, taking in opinions from all sides of the issue as well as learning some basics about cloud formation and meteorology in general. I noticed over the last year, on and off, the same effects that I noticed in that post. I have not been able to pay much attention to this due to, well life, but on days like today I just have to take pictures and post here, becuase it is just so damn obvious that something deliberate is going on, and I still do not know what that is. All afternoon I could hear jets flying overhead, rarely did the drone cease. This is important to note: I have lived in this house for four years and this is not common, some days there are no noticeable flights other days just one or two, but today was full on. I zoomed in with my cam and could see that the jets are small and not large jetliners or commercial jets. No noticeable marking on jets. The trails were laid out all day and I watched them. They start out as "normal" contrails. They soon fan out. Like this:

You can see the original trail and then the "fanning effect" the evenly spaced spires coming off of the original trail. These are laid out and they eventually all have this effect and coalesce into a sickly silver grey haze. Period. I watched this happen. This pic is from last year, but I observed this same thing today, notice the criss cross pattern? Those are not individual trails criss crossing but only a few that have fanned out and coalesced:

Just this evening at seven p.m. I see this:

Notice this trail leading into the sundog:

I still hear the jets right now. The sky is completely overcast with an odd reflective silver haze, and no this is not just clouds, I know the state I live in and I know a cloudy day, we get plenty. Days like this are not naturally occurring, I watched the weather get made. Now the question is why?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Vampires comes to mind

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Your third, fourth, and fifth pictures are of a “sundog”; a natural occurrence when the upper atmosphere is cold enough to contain ice crystals. The fact that the upper atmosphere is that cold is why you will also see persistent contrails form in the same area.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I live north of you on Vancouver Island we also had a slivery haze form today complete with sundog.....
Military fighters were overhead today and some commercial jets as well.....
The day started out crystal clear....
but now its looking like crap out there.....might be rain comming.......
We have had a wet cold miserable spring here.....yo think they are geo engineering climate?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ok sure. Why the increased air traffic? I do not lie when I say the cloud cover is artificial. I do not buy into the "chemtrail" idea that we are being deliberately poisoned, stupid. I do find the term "global dimming" very intriguing though.....oh wait check this out with info from NASA who has recognized this geo-engineering action, i.e. persistent contrails:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
After living in WA for the last 30 I'll attest to the "sickly silver sky" you speak of. I have pictures buried somewhere of years in the outdoors where the sky is brilliant blue. That is no longer the case.

Here in central WA we have jets coming in constantly. After spending a long time looking though I've never seen a chem-trail which seems quite hard to believe (at least for me.) Not really sure what to make of it except perhaps a pervasive type of air pollution.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

There's already a lot of air travel over Washington State, you just don't notice it most days. Flights to Asia from the west coast go up along the coast, up to Alaska, and curve down along the Russian coast and drop into Asia, so they can avoid the worst of the jetstream. Every flight out of San Francisco or Los Angeles goes along that route.

Sometimes the route shifts inland depending on weather out to sea, which is why those days you see more cloud cover. There is usually a front moving in, which means the contrails persist more, and spread out more. The weather creates the contrails, not the other way around as most people think.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes there is a distinct look to the sky on days like today, very different from just overcast skies. The sun dogs and sunbows happen quite often, if you look. In fact I was at my parents house today and casually pointed out the sun dog and my dad who is fifty three years old thought it quite odd and said he has never seen that before, just not looking I guess, but I see the odd rainbow ring around the bright white "led" sun on days like this often, seems odd to me. I do not remember seeing these growing up around here....although I must confess to not paying too much attention to the sky while a child.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Notice this trail leading into the sundog:

Those short "trails" are an extension of the horizontal refraction of the suns light that forms the sundog (which is the "spot" of bright light itself - if you do a google search for sun dog and bring up images you will find they are very common.

the circular arc they lead into is the 22 degree halo

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Ok sure. Why the increased air traffic?

There's just a lot more air traffic using big jets with high bypass ration engines, and Washington State is, I think, under a lot of flight paths from US to Asia - which is, of course, a growth area for air traffic, even if domestic US traffic isn't growing at all.

I do not lie when I say the cloud cover is artificial/

AFAIK no one argues that contrail-induced cirrus is anything else - the process for causing it is natural, but the trigger is obviously artificial.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Actually its much more simple then this.
I grew up living within 5 miles of a major airport, and recall seeing persistent contrails almost on a daily basis going back into the 70's. Later I worked for the airlines and was in charge of aircraft ground handling. I saw my aircraft leave persistent contrails, which I loaded, and knew for a fact didn't have any odd “chemicals” on them. I really never gave this topic a second thought for most of my life, until I joined ATS, and ran into this false “conspiracy theory” run rampant.

There are factual reasons why there are more persistent contrails today then back then, but they are still simply contrails. The reasons for them are two-fold:
1) Increase in overall air traffic.
2) Changes to the jet engines themselves.

Back in the late 80's when I started running the ramp for an airlines, the majority of the aircraft where powered by JT8D engines. 727's made up the lions share of the airline fleet for all airlines. They were the workhorse, and some airlines flew them almost exclusively, such as American Airlines. However, they had drawbacks, including noise and poor fuel efficiency. In the mid 90's as the 727 airframes began to wear out, they were replaced with newer, higher bypass engine aircraft.

Contrail persistence has been directly linked to the bypass ratio of the engine that is passing through the air mass...

PDF: Experimental Test of the Ininfluence of Propulsion EfŽficiency on Contrail Formation

For the first time, contrail formation was observed behind two
airliners with different engines under otherwise comparable conditions.
As documented by photographs, an altitude range exists
in which the aircraft with high engine efficiency causes contrails
while the aircraft with lower engine efficiency causes none. Hence,
the observations corroborate the validity of the theory according to
the revised Schmidt–Appleman criterion:Contrails of more efficient
engines form at smaller altitudes than those of less efficient engines.

Here is a video of the falcon aircraft sampling contrails as part of the test:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Your third, fourth, and fifth pictures are of a “sundog”; a natural occurrence when the upper atmosphere is cold enough to contain ice crystals. The fact that the upper atmosphere is that cold is why you will also see persistent contrails form in the same area.

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Did anyone read my post, or just look at the pictures and assume I am talking about "chemtrails?" I label the sundog as such, but the conditions for it arising, being caused by air traffic exhaust is what is concerning to me. I want my blue skies! We do not get many around here!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I don't think that the contrails “caused” the sundog, but were the result of the same atmospheric conditions that allowed the contrails to form to begin with.

BTW... The reason why the contrail forms into “fingers” or “streams” as it spreads is because it started out looking like this:

As the wind further spread it out, it makes the “stripes” you're seeing. The underlying cause here is the vertices from the aircraft affecting the contrail behind it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Did you read my post about the sun dogs??!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Last year I posted a thread about the anomalous trails and ensuing atmospheric effects and got a lot of responses which I am thankful for, lots of different opinions and good feedback ( thread here I have been studying this topic for the last year, taking in opinions from all sides of the issue as well as learning some basics about cloud formation and meteorology in general.

You may want to go back and refresh yourself on the basics of cloud formation and meteorology, because you seem to have misunderstood some things.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I want my blue skies! We do not get many around here!

That's due to the climate. You live in Washington State. Sorry, but if you want more blue skies, move.
And if you want airplanes to stop clouding up your view, um....no. That's going to continue until we come up with another form of transportation. All natural and expected results, nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

You're right there is something deliberate going on. These pilots are intentionally flying their aircraft full of passengers from one airport to another and burning fuel while they do it too!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

but the conditions for it arising, being caused by air traffic exhaust is what is concerning to me.

Those can contribute, but they aren't the cause,,,

And yet halos are a sign of high thin cirrus clouds drifting 20,000 feet or more above our heads.

These clouds contain millions of tiny ice crystals. The halos you see are caused by both refraction, or splitting of light, and also by reflection, or glints of light from these ice crystals. The crystals have to be oriented and positioned just so with respect to your eye, in order for the halo to appear.

earthsky.org...

So you don't need any plane to cause that halo as it is a natural occurrence.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
So you don't need any plane to cause that halo as it is a natural occurrence.

and have been documented and drawn since at least het middle ages - eg see a couple of examples of them from the 14-1500's on the wiki sundog page, and Aristotle wrote of them:

Aristotle (Meteorology III.2, 372a14) notes that "two mock suns rose with the sun and followed it all through the day until sunset." He says that "mock suns" are always to the side, never above or below, most commonly at sunrise or sunset, more rarely in the middle of the day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join