It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivory Coast mobs target French

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I hope these French Soldiers can hold their won and not get shot, they are actually doing a good thing there. Keep your heads low!

I know I know, I dont always bash the French, just most of the time.

Ivory Coast mobs target French
Government planes bomb French peacekeepers; 10 dead
Saturday, November 6, 2004 Posted: 11:06 PM EST (0406 GMT)

(CNN) -- Mobs loyal to the Ivory Coast government roamed the streets in two major cities of the West African country, searching for foreigners to attack.

The search on Saturday came as nine French troops were killed and 23 other people were injured when Ivory Coast warplanes bombed a French position near Bouake, a rebel stronghold.

An American citizen was also killed, but the State Department said details of the death were unclear.

Ivory Coast has been split between the loyalist south and rebel-held north since an attempted coup in September 2002 triggered a civil war. The nation gained its independence from France in 1960.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
FRANCE HAS TROOPS!
-
just kidden

Ivory Coast and France are not neibors, so this wasn't an accident. and it said that they were bombed, so even though that this country is poor I think France did the right thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Ridiculous! The French are only deploying another 700 troops since the outbreak in violence.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Apparently Ivory Coast state television urged their people to take back the airport.

If only the French weren't so opposed to regime change

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Apparently Ivory Coast state television urged their people to take back the airport.

If only the French weren't so opposed to regime change

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------WHY the regime have to change?? chapo

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
State TV=owned by state (regime,government,what ever you call it).

When a state begins to incite its people to attack UN peacekeepers it is time for that nation to step down, or be pushed.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
State TV=owned by state (regime,government,what ever you call it).

When a state begins to incite its people to attack UN peacekeepers it is time for that nation to step down, or be pushed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never look TV . I listen my friends from Afrika --the neighbors-- quiet ?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hate myself for saying this,

But the French are right in this case.................

Agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

top topics

join