It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Bill: "ANNOY" a cop, get 4 years in prison.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

So you are still NOT reading the material you decided to comment on. This is just grand, and in a way surreal. You comment on things that you have no idea about. What does "sense of humor" have to do with a very specific reference to physical harassment as states it in the law?

Physical harassment is not "annoy".

To annoy is to perturb the mental state. Whether you can perturb the mental state of any individual depends on their personal peculiar sensitivities.

A Russian telling a "Polish Joke" brings a smile to another Russian. But, if there's a Polish person nearby, he is less likely to be amused, and more likely to feel annoyed.

If you mistake the officer for a Russian immigrant, and mention a Polish joke, and he turns out to be Polish, he will arrest you for annoying him. But, if the officer is of Russian background, he will just smile knowingly, and you'd have formed "a bond" increasing trust.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
'Tis why I am moving out of the state I grew up in, NY. I refuse to put up with that police state garbage.

2nd line is censored by the poster, because there would be too many curse words contained in it.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingErik

So you are still NOT reading the material you decided to comment on. This is just grand, and in a way surreal. You comment on things that you have no idea about. What does "sense of humor" have to do with a very specific reference to physical harassment as states it in the law?

That's what's written in the paper. You may disagree with the way it's formulated, but at least we need to stick to the actual material when discussing it, and not make it up. But that's what you are doing, for some reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by terriblyvexed

Conversely, would there be a way to force NY out of the U.S? Maybe build a wall around the entire state and turn into a prison

Well if the president was to get kidnapped there we could send Kurt Russell to save him...

So if I was to tell a cop that I didn't want to sign a ticket (which is my right because signing a ticket is admission to guilt) , and he decides that annoys him I could spend 4 years in prison?

How dose that not break constitutional rights?

Actually in NY they don't make you sign! I am starting to think I would be better off living in Nazi Germany during Hitlers reign! At least they had less BS laws! How far will we let things like this go?
We are being reduced to slaving consumers without any freedom to express ourselves!
This law is to make it so we can't even ask the police if they work for us or the corporations without fear of arrest!
We only have the freedom of speech to talk to ourselves but soon we will get committed doing that!
Sorry for the rant but I am losing my mind over these unjust laws!

Last time I had a ticket was in 2007, but I've yet to get one in NY, so I can't back you on that, but I'm guessing you live there.

If this is something your going through now or if it happens again don't pay the ticket.
Go to your court date, and get a cheap lawyer 9 times out of 10 the cop won't show, and if they do point out that you didn't sign, and use the words ( I felt I was doing the right thing ) this covers your butt in case they decide you guilty they can't get you for lying in court.

If the cop can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you broke a law they'll throw it out, because you never admitted guilt, and if your real lucky the cop won't even show, that's an instant win...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So, now you will know what the slaves felt like when they annoyed their masters or in this case slave managers.

Like the slaves of old, questioning their authority is strictly forbidden and now just like the days when slavery was the status quo, question the authority of the slave managers and for doing such just like a slave they will legally own you.

Dare you question the authority of the dirty pervert pigs again?

Personally, I would be annoyed if everyone who is for this type of law wasn't hunted down and annoyed every where they go.

New York State Senator who sponsored this bill isn't in the pockets of law enforcement. griffo@nysenate.gov
edit on 6/7/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Listen, the bill is no doubt Draconian, overreaching, and unnecessary--hopefully it will fail. However, I can't help but be annoyed at your OP because you do what so many people do on this site. That is, you intentionally leave out a crucial bit of information from the OP so as to get more support for your opinion. Come on man, you had to read this from the linked article right? "The State Senate passed the bill Wednesday that makes it felony to "harass, annoy, threaten or alarm" an on duty police officer by subjecting them to any physical contact. Come on man, there's just a bit of a difference between calling a cop a poo-poo head, getting arrested, going to jail and actually touching a cop, getting arrested, going to jail. Hell, the latter will probably happen anyway.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by Threadfall because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sad to say, this is a case of the majority of citizens of NY state getting EXACTLY what they voted for in their state legislature.

Their state representatives were not beamed down, no pod-people replacement happened. No hijack of democracy occurred. These are the people that were elected, transforming NYS into a police state.

Enjoy it or move south. But if you move south, remember why you left that hell hole when you vote down here.
edit on 7-6-2013 by setibuddies because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its all because of the cops not being able to do anything about you taping them! There isn't a law for taping cops being a bunch of power hungry jerks hurting people. Look at the poor man beaten to death recently or the lady in Washington beaten by a cop and she is handicapped. Tough guy huh? These guys are living up to the name "pig" 100% Now they have government backing saying that if they feel annoyed you can arrest them? This is a scary world we live in people. Dig a hole arm yourselves and keep your loved ones close!!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If it wasn't so sad an serious this could be pretty funny in a sick way down the road - as I'm seeing most of the population of NY would get charged..

Think about it - cops are a cranky bunch anyway.

So naturally cops wives, kids, relatives and neighbors would probably get charged with annoying a cop right away in something like..
"Honey - can you take out the trash!"
"The game is on!!"
"Please take out the trash!!"
"You're under arrest!!!"

Before long most merchants would be gone...
"I'm sorry sir we are out of glazed doughnuts..."
"Hands Up Dirtbag!! You're going to jail!!"

Even the ranks of cops would start to thin....
"Frank - you left crumbs on the squad car seat again.."
"ummm..."
"I'm writing you up.."

Along with judges and juries..
"The people find the defendant innocent.."
"Everyone freeze!! You are all going to jail!!"

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Oh, come on, now who are you trying to bs. This is just another extension of the trumped up resisting arrest, assaulting an officer game play we see out of LE everyday in every large city in the world for anyone who comes into contact with LE and doesn't immediately bow to their authority.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by seabag

So it is only pop? thats made me laugh that one.
What about a 2 litre bottle of pop? banned also? If so I bet people just buy 2 one litre bottles lol.

It is sugary drinks, salt and saturated fats that Mayor Bloomberg has been on the warpath about.

Never mind the heroin that is still for sale on the street corners.... he's worried about the health of New Yorker.

Of course a healthy Junkie is a LONG term investment.......

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
now that you are all disarmed - here's the new rules of the game.....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think they should focus on real issues, like thread count in your sheets.
Ban any sheets under 800 thread count because face it if your sleeping on 800 TC or above you're pretty darn happy.
Banning any sheet under 800 tc would eliminate all the unhappiness in the city

Who doesnt like soft sheets at night?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Bill would make annoying a cop a crime.

ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) - A bill currently making its way through the State Legislature would make it a crime to annoy a police officer, a move that could have far reaching consequences.

The State Senate passed the bill Wednesday that makes it felony to "harass, annoy, or threaten a police officer while on duty." The bill was sponsored by local Senators Pat Gallivan, George Maziarz and Michael Ranzenhofer, as well as Senator Joe Griffo (R) of Rome.

Anyone found guilty under the bill, should it become law, could face up to four years in prison.

The Bill says "aggravated harassment" but the definition can be found here:

S 240.33 AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER. A PERSON IS GUILTY OF AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER WHEN, WITH THE INTENT TO HARASS, ANNOY, THREATEN OR ALARM

Speechless. Really. I'm at a loss.

Bloomberg with his "stop and frisk" and now the state legislature with this.

Recently, there has been a state sovereignty movement and mention of states like Texas discussing succession or legally leaving the Unites States.

Conversely, would there be a way to force NY out of the U.S? Maybe build a wall around the entire state and turn into a prison?

Start a White House petition?

edit on 5-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

This is completely insane, and a very dangerous precedent to set. They already try to claim that people standing at a distance, taping the police while they work are "harrassing" or "interfering" with police business, and people have been arrested for that. Now, if they know they can be charged with this, and get 4 years in prison for it, I think people willing to tape cops will be very few, and far between. And I suspect that is exactly what they're going for, here.

Seems suspiciously like an anti-cop-taping law to me.

Either way, it gives them way too much more power to abuse, and yet another way to ruin innocent lives if they just happen to be in a bad mood.

We really can not allow them to go through with this. This needs to be protested. They set this precedent it makes way for dangerous laws like this elsewhere. Then, all a cop needs to do is make up some BS, which can't really be proven and is on the word of the cop whether you're guilty or not (in the absence of a tape of the encounter, and a jury trial) to throw you in jail for years

I can tell you one thing-- if this passes, I will never go to NY again. Not to shop, not to visit, not to take an airplane. Never.

edit on 7-6-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
reply to post by gladtobehere

Listen, the bill is no doubt Draconian, overreaching, and unnecessary--hopefully it will fail. However, I can't help but be annoyed at your OP because you do what so many people do on this site. That is, you intentionally leave out a crucial bit of information from the OP so as to get more support for your opinion. Come on man, you had to read this from the linked article right? "The State Senate passed the bill Wednesday that makes it felony to "harass, annoy, threaten or alarm" an on duty police officer by subjecting them to any physical contact. Come on man, there's just a bit of a difference between calling a cop a poo-poo head, getting arrested, going to jail and actually touching a cop, getting arrested, going to jail.

Kudos...

I think you are the third or forth person only, in this thread, who can or can be bothered to actually read. This is sad. You are right on the money, and it doesn't reflect well on the participants who start look like uneducated hacks who don't really care about the facts.

I don't like this law either and I think it's redundant even if I did like it, which I don't. But this stupidity must end here, and you are right in that the OP doesn't help.

Some especially silly specimens went as far as to suggest that if you "intend to annoy the cop" (which is pretty much on the same level and thinking - hey, how about we go and annoy some cops) is already declared a crime.

Facepalm.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's what's written in the paper. You may disagree with the way it's formulated, but at least we need to stick to the actual material when discussing it, and not make it up. But that's what you are doing, for some reason.

The paper says "harassment" and "annoy". It doesn't say "harassment == annoy", which is what you're trying to say it says. No need for the word "annoy" in there at all, unless it "ADDS SOMETHING" to the text.

Get real. Read English.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The paper says "harassment" and "annoy". It doesn't say "harassment == annoy", which is what you're trying to say it says. No need for the word "annoy" in there at all, unless it "ADDS SOMETHING" to the text.

Get real. Read English.

I was quoting from memory, and I'm glad I got you to actually READ for a change. The physical contact is right there, not just dirty thoughts or mental inclination to annoy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrounger
reply to post by ThreeBears

Ah I am confused?

Your calling cops demons and the law from satan?

If we have gone evil you do know you have the right to move to any other county you like right?

I am sorry but even suspending disbelief I cannot remotely see where your coming from.

So who do you call if your house is robbed?

Yes, I am, but to clarify as what I point to, is a bit more complicated than simply name calling and absurd accusations, due to length that would be Required to write ALL the historical development and empirical evidence to back the assertions up that I could yes do, it would however require a Book, to do so, therefore, I'll try to sum it up in a few points. Whether anyone wants to take the time and Research is up to them...

First, let's go to the last point I made in my comment about the Tasers, electric magnetic effects on officers combined with the metals. now That's just a theory, hypothesis I have, but even without That, we can look at the TRAINING that Paramilitaries, aka Juntas, regimes, Police terror have used all through out the world to mass terrorize Dissent, thereby keeping the power Criminals in power safe from accountability. That is simple politics, to any who bother to read, Examples of this would be the US training the police in Iran during the Shah's rule or the School of Americas, etc. Numerous examples I could use but again, would require a book...anyway point is these methodologies are by DESIGN and are yes EVIL. I refer to the actors of such Evil yes, as Demons, because they voluntarily choose to "give themselves over to protecting and propping up evil and yes it is OCCULT behind it", DE +Mons, Mons as in MONEY. MON is in numerous words, Monster, mons is to show, Latin, also Mountain, Also malformed creature, maybe the BEAST,

Nethertheless, the Mon ey system, Monsuer, Mountain, pyramid, Monster...MONEY. So, if That connect is not convincing, then we can look at the use of Social Psychology and the Manipulation of the Slave Masses, Psyche, meaning SOUL, by the use if TERROR, policing, POLICY. POLE, POL, Poli, should be obvious to most here, Poli political, many, etc., the policy of the WHO? Not Us, we ARE the policed, but for the STATE, aka MONS, Demons,

DE is root for "away and from". Therefore keeping the Slave Masses DE away from the MONS, Money, or in control BY the MONS, beast. GATEKEEPERS, simply put,

Now, some could say that is generalizing, OK then. Then Let's look at the Diagram, organizational chart of HOW the System of POLICING works from the very top ELITES to us FODDER, which Includes Criminal Social Psychology aka Behavior controls through use of Manipulation and TERROR, this goes all the way back to the Ancients, OCCULT, hidden works of sorcery darkness, which yes ties into the Elect rickety effect, of those Tasors, just like they use them to control Cattle...the symbolisms are not just coincidence. The PSYCHE EVALS used to hand select Polica are to assure that Only those who will obey no matter how morally revolting, against their own conscious, are used, That is under the Paper Clip project, aka NAZIs, the Reich, fact. Any can research this, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that the police state today is the machinery of a New World Order, that is by Deliberate design and is Extremely HOSTILE to humanity, except for the top Elite RULERS and their minions...

Milgrams experiment on steroids, Except the controlled LAB isn't in a room, but in Society as a whole, specific regions under controlled environments, aka operative word, CONTROLLED. majority of officers today are hand selected Because they fit a certain sociopath profile...it's not by misshapen chance that they are more brutal, it is by Deliberate and Willful DESIGN, Totalitarian Engineering. There is enough documentation of the KGB, of the Gestapo, etc etc to gather enough imperial evidence to compare and do an analysis, especially when there are Set Patterns of behavior with a common ENDS.

As to whether I would call the Police, NO. Thirty years ago, yes maybe, today, NEVER...we simply are not dealing with the same type of police force today. Any who cannot see this, are Extremely ignorant of history, world politics and systems, nationalism and the totalitarian engineering, foreign policy and state terrorism and HOW it works,

There are Libraries with enough Journals from Numerous former and not so former Soviet bloc countries alone, or South America with Horrific Human Right abusive Juntas/military regimes, so there is NO EXCUSE for willful ignorance UNLESS one is Illiterate. The writing is all over the wall...IF people Read and SEE enough evidence and STILL they choose to Support such a Regime,

Then YES, they are Evil, and I would say, without apology, that they are under the control of Demons, evil systems.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
loosing our Freedom, little by little !

Freedom Is Slavery !

SoooN next !! NSA will look into Thought Crimes! !

and this
The Minority Report
en.wikipedia.org...

It All Started From this !

but really from this

Causing this

Anonymous and others will cause this being the wreaking ball
or some crazy dude in a grand theft high tech plane to bomb them!

The Irony is Steve Jobs wanted to prevent censorship and
America (USA) from being like George Orwell Book1984
Apple Macintosh Computers was one the early starts of Networking and multitasking
used in Collages

Apple 1984 Super Bowl Commercial Introducing Macintosh Computer (HD)

Ironically Now the Internet is now will be controlled censored...
by the very same people Steve Job wanted to destroy Government IBM Microsoft

NSA is the Govemrnet Big Brother

edit on 7-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OK fine,

now this thread shifted into cyber spying paranoia and frankly complete psychosis.

Swell.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join