It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Bill: "ANNOY" a cop, get 4 years in prison.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

True.
Give me that power, and I would slap the cuffs on the next coworker that plopped his butt down in front of my desk crunching a handful of pretzels with an open mouth smacking their lips

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They might as well call it "we need another excuse to stop people from filming us bill". Nothing annoys cops more than being held accountable by people who are tired of their antics and film them so they can be held liable. It's not like stupid crap like resisting without violence, tresspassing, etc. isn't enough for them to use.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Of course, I don't mean to sound repetitive, but....

This all began with the paradigm shift which migrated those in police service to keep the peace... into those who seek to enforce law.

As a matter of principle "projection of authority" does not harmonize with 'keeping the peace.' Many policemen suffer the consequences of this "if I am here - you are under threat of force" aura that some others rely upon to do their job.

"The freedom to question authority" now has been relegated to the virtual... non-confrontational... and of course - of no consequence to the civil officer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is one of the most moronic laws been writed by moronic politicians, giving the right ti the police officers to feel "when and how to be annoyed" by anybody that they do not agree with their personal interpretation of what conduct should be.

Identifying what it means to be "annoyed" is just like asking a teen what is bothering her or he at any special time of the month depending on the fluctuating "hormones".

People in this nation are so used to the growing type of gestapo police force that they are not even aware of what all this moronic laws means for their own rights of citizenship.

Moronic as moronic are the politicians behind it
edit on 5-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a way to select 'none of the above' when police want to arrest someone just because.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Every single video I've seen where a civilian has been even slightly lippy with a cop, has resulted in them being tazed, bashed, mobbed by upward of 7 cops, kicked, punched, smashed with batons, thrown to the ground, cuffed and then arrested.

What's this law going to change?

damn pigs... they're scared of the world. WHY BECOME A COP THEN?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

We must not only obey the state. You must love the state.

Worship the uniform.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

dble post
edit on 5-6-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If this passes it will be the last nail in the coffin and I'll move out of N.Y.state

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd be very worried about this:

HE OR SHE STRIKES, SHOVES, KICKS OR OTHERWISE SUBJECTS
SUCH PERSON TO PHYSICAL CONTACT.

While that “sounds” like a reasonable idea, in fact almost all police, in almost every arrest, claim resisting as a stacking charge. This would make that stacking charge a felony punishable by four years, all by itself. Every person arrested for almost anything would end up as a felon.

If I were a police officer, the first people I would arrest and charge with this are any politicians who voted for it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow thats is insane...here in the UK the law was changed so it is not an offence to swear at a cop call him/her names etc as long as you do it in a manner that is not threatening.
Police serve us the people both sides of the pond and some coppers forget this.
I hope this bill doesn't pass because I planned to go all Huggy bear on a Police when I next visit NYC.

When someone from the UK, a country we fought the american revolution with- a war to free ourselves oppression, demonstrates that they have more freedom than us, you know.something is not right with this country and our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The law was NOT passed.
Just fyi ,a friend of mine works for Pepsi ,and Pepsi coke and one other mega brand,all got together,which is unheard of ,and filled up busloads of VIPs ,and they went up to Albany ,demanding bloombergs nonsense be stopped ,or various campaign contributions would END.
Fuhrer bloombarf is appealing the ruling .
The law as it was,is also illegal ,so let's see who's stupid enough to pass it .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

At this point in time Russia and maybe even Cuban citizens,have more freedoms than Americans .Americans just don't know that .
edit on 6/6/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Cops are Fuhrer bloombarfs bully revenue squad. They lie when giving tickets,to make fuhrer money .
That's all stop and frisk is about ,and they do it giving out bogus tickets for nonsense.
I got tired of getting tickets because some cop lied about me having my seatbelt on ,as they BLATANTLY LIE .
And make up crap you wouldn't believe .

I bought one of those cell phone watches from Asia .
If it takes a sim card,you can just put your sim card in,and its your cell phone.
I got one that records ,takes photos and videos. It's also hands free driving.

Last time it happened to me,I threatened to sue for harassment and prove the force lies to make money .
Funny,it happened three times in the 103 pct,in less than six months,and then never again .
My uncle is also a retired NYPD sergeant ,and his exact words are,"a cop today,isn't a pimple on a real cops ass"
That's what the past generations of cops,think of cops today .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Annoy is way too vague. People I love annoy me on same days because I'm the one whose grouchy. If they do this I guess they better have audio and visual on every moment of their interactions. What a creepy law - like setting people up to go to prison. By the way - what ever happened to civil servants?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
WTF is that?
Are they smoking crack?
They are either smoking something, or need to smoke something.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow. Utterly ridiculous man. So what if a cop finds me sneezing 'annoying'? I could land up in jail? These 'laws' defy every sense of logic and natural justice. People, we can't take this crap anymore!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The catch all part is the word "annoy". Determining later whether or not the officer is/was already annoyed is immaterial, I guess.

"Did the suspect "annoy" you?"

"Yes your Honor."

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just another way to put more people in prison who will have to work for free for the corporate prison operators and help make obscene profits for them and their shareholders. Perhaps someone should try and find out who and which interests are pushing from these kinds of new criminal laws which allow citizens to be criminally charged and incarcerated for what was legal conduct before the draconian law was passed.

If it passes, and if the governor signs it, I predict it will not be long before it is struck down by the courts as unconstitutional. Too vague and too subjective.
edit on 6/6/2013 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Its time to form a real private police force to arrest the public police and yes I am very serious about this. Its time people, its time to get serious about your future because we are going to be in deep doo if we continue to do nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join