It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple banned from selling popular models of iPhone and iPad in the US....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I look at real world situations and how it performs for me...moderating on ATS:

With a Droid phone, it drops a Warn on members if I want to give them an Applause. With even a 4th gen iPod Touch, I can Applaud or place a posting ban on a trolling member.

Downside is that I can read PM's on the Droid, I get the irate hate mail for the accidental warn. With the iPod, I can't read a word of the indignation of the deservedly post banned member going on an ego trip or threatening to give me goats so he can slaughter them (nearly true story)... so for me, I'll take an iPhone over the Galaxy IIIs that I use at work.

Computer-wise, I use an old Mac mini hooked up to the TV as a monitor so I can kick back and read the site from the recliner with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse. For the radio shows, I fire up a Dell laptop that is far stronger specs to 1) be on Skype (there is a problem with Skype on the mini although it worked fine until Skype update a few years ago. 2) Stronger specs means no digitizing during the conversation on my end like previous PC's have done under the Skype strain.

If money was no object, I would go with a maxed out Mac because my experience has been that they are stronger units and come with more functionality out of the box with all the freebie software than any PC. OS to OS, they work on lower spec builds than PC because the OS is tighter and doesn't have the bloat of Windows.

Sure, there is the pure Linux option but honestly having a prebuilt system out of the box versus custom configuring every detail to the Nth degree is something I am happier with in the long run. Plus Apple tends to use better hardware from the get go, hence the pricier tag. Yes, I can build systems all day long (used to get paid to do it when I wasn't being flown out to install them in offices or do on site repairs) but all in all I prefer to go with what just works. But when working in Blender making 3D objects, I use the PC because that is what my friend uses and we do everything on the same page. Plus the game itself (Fallout 3) is a PC game so moving things in and out of the GECK is easier without file/thumb drive swapping all the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I really have not dug into it but I do remember News Corp signing a deal with Samsung on Galaxy phones. News Corp got to embed software into the phones straight out of the box. And it was not only the news reader. This was at the same time that News Corp began to get in trouble in the UK over phone hacking. News Corp has even gone as far to create school tablets for schools based on the Samsung Galaxy. Part of Microsoft/News Corp deal to try and turn schools into the internet learning centers. And like the tablets for schools they have there little disclaimer at the bottom saying that it only will promote authorized by News Corp/Microsoft databases.

I think there is a much larger conspiracy on this law suit then meets the eye. Even how Apple was being targeted for hiding all there money in Ireland. Ireland is the same place that leaked the details about News Corp hacking. Remember when Obama was supposed to visit the Queen and give her a Ipod with undisclosed files on it? Do you remember the surprise just before he flew to visit the Queen? He found out he was a Black Irishman and flew to Ireland for a quick visit. So I think there is a much bigger picture then we are seeing going on.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's the dead Steve Jobs effect. After he goes, so do traces of his design. The company was rigged to not make it without their founder. The house, the phones, and that loop building is probably going to mutate. Maybe grow a fin on it, match its sharky new cold blooded boss, what's his name, that lets out designs with purple light on camera images, instead of making sure the lights were white and perfect. Imagine, company leadership influencing my purchase choices. Well, I could make a bunch of my own Americans wealthy, or I can throw away my money to a boardroom in China full of capitalist communists. It rubs me the wrong way when a China cell phone company got the upper hand over a homegrown company.

That's okay we'll make one that's round with three cameras on it and lip-print biometric logon screen, call it the ikiss. Muah. Destroy them and do it again!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Not much of a story though. It is all the older phone models on just one carrier, ATT, and all samsung is doing is paying Apple back for its own lawsuit against the Nexus last year.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This color thing is so stupid ,it boogles the mind .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Couldn't agree more. It hurts ones pockets but Mac is trustworthy and that's the way you get it out of the box. All the people which I know that produces or use music software and the like use Mac. We have all learned our lesson on windows.

It would be another thing if I didn't use it for work, but it is that piece of equipment that brings in my income. So I had to look the other way and spend more.

And people who thinks that Apple is made cheaply have it wrong. I sometimes wonder if those who say things like that ever had or worked on one.

But, as you said, it is expensive. But again, I would rather pay that extra $200/$300 and get a machine. I can too use the Alienware as an example that is double the price. I have seen one freeze up with the software we use. Windows is a problem. For the use of the net it is fine, to do mastering, producing etc on it is bad news.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Apple could announce they are changing the color of the on/off switch to Red and iphone lovers everywhere would get their camping gear ready for the sidewalks...

I never thought of this that way, but you're pretty spot-on!

Now it reminds me of religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join