It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple banned from selling popular models of iPhone and iPad in the US....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
More from the Samsung/ Apple battlegrounds. Of course, Apple has relatively the same lawsuit pending against Samsung, but there has been no ruling at this point. It's entertaining, watching too companies piss away millions fighting each other.

The U.S. International Trade Commission, an independent federal agency, issued a limited order stopping all imports and sales for AT&T models of the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3G and iPad 2 3G. The versions targeted are more than a year old but are still solid sellers.

On the one hand, Apple is getting what they deserve. They managed to score patents for the most inane items like the rectangular shape of their phones (and worse). Yet, overall, all this patent trolling is just stymieing innovation; Apple has nothing since the death of Steve Jobs, and Samsung is trying to go after Apple to get back at them for the patent trolling.

Good reads at CNBC and DailyMail
www.cnbc.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Imagine if they actually produced these Apple products, as they should, in the USA. Couldn't ban imports then!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
what does that mean for the thousands of us that have these models?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Never trust Apple again maybe?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

time for a galaxy

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

okay seriously, does this mean we have to surrender them?
Also, why should I be limited to one type of smartphone? I happen to like my iphone and ipad

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Apple could announce they are changing the color of the on/off switch to Red and iphone lovers everywhere would get their camping gear ready for the sidewalks...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Samsung all the way. You couldn't pay me to use an apple product. They are nothing but cheaply made junk designed to break so you have to keep buying.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Just make a small bonfire and put them on.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Lysergic

okay seriously, does this mean we have to surrender them?

No, it has nothing to do with existing units, just new ones.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Apple could announce they are changing the color of the on/off switch to Red and iphone lovers everywhere would get their camping gear ready for the sidewalks...

While Apple laughs at how gullible they are as they sit count their profits.
Actually, shhhhh! Don't give them ideas, they will probably try and do this.
edit on 5-6-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While all you android users dance in the streets that you have no competition
pretty petty

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

pretty petty

Actually, I would like to see more competition in the market and less monopoly. More competition would drive the companies to make better quality products, be more innovative and provide better working conditions to their employees if people had more choices.
edit on 5-6-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

pretty petty

There uhh windows phone, right?

I'm sure somebody out there has one.

Blackberry?

No such thing as a cruelty free smartphone they say.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

This is not against you, but what I have learned about Samsung products. My apologies for choosing your thread for a rant, but really nothing against you.

My faith still lies with Apple.

I work in the music business, and do some production which requires decent hardware. One example I will give, I run a Traktor Kontrol S2 in my home studio for basic playing around and doing some mixes. I used a Samsung i5 and a MacBook Pro i5 (older Mac) the Samsung being the newer model. The samsung freezes, gets stuck, doesn't load anywhere as quick as the Mac, when it chooses to load. Piece of pure crap which cost me just under R10,000, which is about a $1000. My older MacBook has NO issues and never had with any of the hardware and software I use, never ever.

The newer i5 Mac at about $1200 is worth every penny in my situation.

For gigs outside I use a Kontrol S4 and I bought a new MacBook Pro, not cos its Apple but because I trust it. I have been put in awkward situations at gigs using different types of windows pc's. I have learned my lesson through trail and error.

The wife got the new Samsung galaxy tab which I cannot compare to the iPad. Yes, android and ios, two different things. Sound quality is pathetic on the galaxy, btw. Even the iPad mini's sound is way better.

I won't even compare the cell phones as I still use a 4 as my main cell cos it hasn't given me any crap in 3 years. I can't say the same for others that I know who loves their Samsungs. Phone issues starts before upgrades are due. My sister learned her lesson, still chose the new galaxy, and my wife whom chose to take a galaxy tab and not the new galaxy cellphone.

I can say the same for Samsung's Plasma LED 3D tv. My brother have his for about 18 months now, and one can see colored snow spots on it at the top and corners.

I loved Samsung. Samsung of years ago. I lost it with them after their pc proved to be crap (yes, i did swop it for the same model before 7 days as i thought i got a dud) At least I know now I won't be buying any Samsung products again. I can't speak for family though. I have had family say to me I buy Apple cos it's Apple. No, I buy Apple cos it doesn't make me look like a fool in front of a crowd. And I am sincerely being honest.

But, to each his own.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

pretty petty

did you just write off Blackberry as obsolete Homer?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Good for Apple. I hope they lose billions. Apple is about to lose the US vs Apple over e-book antitrust issues also. You just can't trust such large companies from doing something dirty.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Good for Apple. I hope they lose billions. Apple is about to lose the US vs Apple over e-book antitrust issues also. You just can't trust such large companies from doing something dirty.

I guess Samsung is as pure as the driven snow....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I wouldn't go that far but it seems the Law is on Samsung's side with this one. Besides.. Samsung isn't the Only company to use the Android Operating System in their cell phones.

Heck I can run Android on my PC laptop or tablet PC - and make free phone calls from it too nation wide as well as run all the Android apps. I win

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Keep the older phones off the market forcing people to pay for the higher priced "new" model.

I bet Apple was taking part in all of those buy back programs.

A sound business practice, if all you care about is putting profits above your customers I guess...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join