It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Farmer Sues Monsanto Over Rogue GMO Wheat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then your not looking very hard, I have seen a lot of it.
The beekeepers also know, that is why Monsanto holds workshops for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I've looked. Have you? Really?

During their 10-days life span, the consumption of Bt maize pollen had no effect on their survival rate, body weight and rates of pollen digestion compared to the conventional maize varieties. As indicated by ELISA-quantification of Cry1A.105 and Cry3Bb1, more than 98% of the recombinant proteins were degraded. Bacterial population sizes in the gut were not affected by the genetic modification.

www.plosone.org...:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0059589

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here you go Phage. Not sure how credible the source is, but here you go.

Department of Agriculture.

Found at levels 700,000 times a bee’s lethal dosage
Scientists at Purdue University documented major adverse impacts from the insecticide clothianidin (product name “Poncho”) on honey bee health. The study found that bees are exposed to clothianidin and other pesticides throughout the foraging period. Researchers found extremely high levels of clothianidin—as high as 700,000 times a bee’s lethal dosage—in seed planter exhaust material. It was found in foraging areas long after treated seed had been planted and in dead bees near hives in Indiana. It was also found in pollen collected by bees and stored in the hive. The study raises questions about the long-term survival of this major pollinator.

Link

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It's talking about an insecticide. Not GMO crops and not manufactured by Monsanto.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, GMO crops have insecticide inserted into them.
GMO 101.

“leaked documents seen by the Guardian show that Canada wants all governments to accept the testing and commercialization of “Terminator” crop varieties. These seeds are genetically engineered to produce only infertile seeds, which farmers cannot replant, also to mention that the bees that are trying to collect pollen, found to have their digestive tract diseases, such as amoeba and nosema disease”12. These diseases are mainly located in the digestive tract system. After studies of the autopsy, the most alarming trait is that the lower intestine and stinger have discolored to black vs. the normal opaque color, www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Insecticides are used on GMO crops... and are still very harmful... (Obviously being insects and all)

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Phage, GMO crops have insecticide inserted into them.
GMO 101.

No, GMO101 would tell its students that there are wide variety of different GMO crops.

Some have this in them, some have that, some have something else.

A blanket statement of "GMO crops have insecticide" is simply wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
*waves pom poms*

Yes ! Turn the tables on the bastards !
DIE MONSANTO DIE

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

burntheships, I know.
burntheships, virtually all plants contain pesticides. If they didn't they would not survive.
www.fortfreedom.org...
www.hort.purdue.edu...
www.botgard.ucla.edu...
www.amnh.org...

Did you bother reading the abstract I linked? It directly conflicts with those claims.

edit on 6/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Insecticides are also used on non GMO crops.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

burntheships, virtually all plants contain pesticides.

Phage, only in their natural state, you know that.

Genetically Engineered plants have pesticides in a man made engineered state.
Phage, Do you think there is a difference?

In a third study, to be published soon in the Bulletin of Insectology, seemingly healthy honey colonies were fed high-fructose corn syrup that had been treated with imidacloprid. Within six months, fifteen out of the sixteen hives that had been given the treated syrup were dead. In commercial beekeeping operations, bees are routinely fed corn syrup, and corn is routinely treated with neonicotinoids.

“I believe one reason that commercial beekeepers are experiencing the most severe Colony Collapse Disorder is because of the link between high-fructose corn syrup and neonicotinoids,” said the lead author of the study, Chensheng Lu, a professor at Harvard. (Bayer CropScience, one of the world’s largest producers of neonicotinoids, has disputed Lu’s paper, as well as the other two.)
: www.newyorker.com...

edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

burntheships, virtually all plants contain pesticides. If they didn't they would not survive.

Did you bother reading the abstract I linked? It directly conflicts with those claims.

Its like arguing with young earth creationists.
One of these days, I actually hope to get into a *technical* discussion, where observations and data are more important than "DIE MONSANTO" chants.
But I suppose I never will.

Not while they're still pushing the "farmer sued for contamination" arguments, and the old won't allow GMO's in their own cafeteria nonsense.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yes. There is a difference.
There is also a difference between native plants and hybrids (of the non GMO sort). Native wheat ain't much good for much. Native corn ain't corn.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

burntheships, virtually all plants contain pesticides.

Phage, only in their natural state, you know that.

So you're making a NEW claim now.
* That pesticides are in a different "state" depending on whether they are "natural" or "engineered".

Would you care to
1. Define "state".
2. Provide evidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I understand that aspect. But can I ask why people defend things that are "modified"? Humanity survived for millions of years without "modified" foods. Why would we change and move away from all natural...?

Doesn't make sense to me...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Funny how you quote one person,but then parrot things I have posted.
You must work for Monsanto .Must gladden your heart knowing you're not eating any gmos ,at least at work

gizadeathstar.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Humanity survived for millions of years without "modified" foods.
Humanity has been modifying food (and animals) since agriculture started. Blame it on the end of the last glacial period, I guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay sure, but not at the genetic level... Messing with nature is something we shouldn't be doing...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Perhaps.
Maybe we should have stayed in the trees. Failing that, the caves. But we didn't. We started messing with nature a long time ago to keep it from messing with us.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fair enough. I'll star that because it's a good point. But food is something we ingest and can affect our bodies... But your point is still valid, but not in regard to food.

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join