It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nominates radical idealist Samantha Power as ambassador to the UN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by Sankari
reply to post by Nucleardiver

So basically, she takes the same view as Ron Paul.

I guess that makes her radical alright.

I have never seen Ron Paul compare our actions throughout history as being similar to Nazi's

I didn't say that he had. On the contrary, Ron Paul is happy to accept the support of neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

nor did Paul push for military action in Lybia in order to remove a leader that was an ally to the US for 15+ years just to replace him the Muslim Brotherhood (which is very closely tied to and a financer or Al Qaeda and the Taliban). Nor have I seen Paul suggest we send troops to intervene in the Israel-Palistinian conflict.

I didn't say any of this either.

Ron Paul is an anti-Israeli radical. Samantha Power is another anti-Israeli radical. That's the comparison I was making.

So yes from my prior experience she is a radical.

So after all that rambling, you actually agree with me.
edit on 5/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

No I do, but if Israel was a part of the UN they would have to comply to a lot of things they currently do not.

This upsets a lot of people. I don't think you're as smart as you try to come off as.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

All due respect, but I call BS.

Ron Paul is not anti-Israel. The fact that he is not willing to pander creates such garbage.

So I respectfully disagree.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Sankari

All due respect, but I call BS.

Ron Paul is not anti-Israel. The fact that he is not willing to pander creates such garbage.

So I respectfully disagree.

I second that, I've never seen anything anti Israel from Ron.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Ron Paul is an anti-Israeli radical. Samantha Power is another anti-Israeli radical. That's the comparison I was making.

"I'm the one who defends the Israel. I don't want Israel to be beholding to us," Rep. Paul told Fox News Anchor Megan Kelly.

Well, consider history. In 1981, Israel bombed an Iraqi nuke plant. Rep. Paul went against both the U.N. and president Ronald Reagan when he defended Israel's right to defend itself.

Paul seems to believe that the strongest stance with Israel is for the United States to no longer try to control that nation's every move.

That brings us to the second issue. Clearly Ron Paul is anti-Israel, detractors say, because after all he wants to deny Israel foreign aid.
"To me foreign aid is taking money from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in other countries, no matter how well motivated it is," said Rep. Paul during the CNN Republican debate.
When Anderson Cooper asked if Paul would cut foreign aid to Israel, Paul answered, "I would cut all foreign aid. I would treat everyone equally and fairly."

LINK

I believe that Israel is one of our most important friends in the world. And the views that I hold have many adherents in Israel today. Two of the tenets of a true Zionist are “self-determination” and “self-reliance.” I do not believe we should be Israel’s master but, rather, her friend. We should not be dictating her policies and announcing her negotiating positions before talks with her neighbors have even begun. . .

I am the one candidate who would respect Israel’s sovereignty and not try to dictate to her about how she should deal with her neighbors. I supported Israel’s right to attack the Iraqi nuclear reactor in the 1980s, and I opposed President Obama’s attempt to dictate Israel’s borders this year.

LINK

Like I said, maybe you should study Ron Paul a bit more, he is in no way what-so-ever anti-Israel.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Actually it would not have mattered who Obama selected....the righty's would have found something wrong with whoever he chose.

The title should read...Obama haters find another reason to b*tch and moan. Then the usual haters can just copy and paste their comments here...just change the names or places..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Actually it would not have mattered who Obama selected....the righty's would have found something wrong with whoever he chose.

The title should read...Obama haters find another reason to b*tch and moan. Then the usual haters can just copy and paste their comments here...just change the names or places..

Assumptions are a bad thing to bring into a logical discussion. In order to help you understand why I say that let me say that I am not right or left, nor am I a Democrat or Republican. Both parties are full of tyrants, crooks, liars, and cheats and it has been a long time since I was dumb enough to fall into either one of the parties empire of lies.

So while you may assume that you are correct you are far from it. IMHO King George was every bit the tyrant that Obama is, he just had people smart enough to hide his administrations corruption and malfeasance. In fact it has been a good 50-70 years since this country had a POTUS and majority government that I would support, all the rest have been the usual power hungry elitists that we have in office now.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I think Obama is trying to play the people with all of his women appointments.

However, he is not fooling anyone, there are dozens of people that could
be considered more qualified, yet he needs to stack the deck in his favor.

After all, there may a be hearing coming up on Benghazi, he needs his back
covered.

Maybe he using Samantha for her for leverage, Powers let on once she
is not a fan of Hillary Clinton, called her a monster.

www.scotsman.com...

The Clintons relationship with Obama is strained,
they hold it together for Dems sake, but maybe Obama too will
be thrown under the bus when it comes Hillaries big day.

They are all corrupt.

edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't agree she is an anti-Israel radical. She is married to a Jew so she is hardly an anti-Semite. If you disagree with her opinions on Israel you should debate the actual opinion rather than just name calling her anti-Israel because you disagree with her opinions. Did it ever occur to anyone the far right policies in Israel aren't promoting lasting peace in the region? If so I don't see how wanting peace in the region or at least wanting to change the policies that have not lead to peace could be anti-Israel.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

She is married to a henry kissinger type jew that believes in depopulation - cass sunstien.

These are the jews that are not jews, in the bible.

Do some research on samantha powers - it is shocking. she is an elitist, one-world-gov't communist, just like the other ashats in this administration.

I just wish the obozo's people and the clinton's people could just be shut up in a room and let them kill eachother= and leave the rest of the world out of it.

They could put it on Pay-for-view. Probably pay off our awesome trillion dollar deficit with the money pouring in.

We could make eric holder referee - wouldn't that be funny.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Hold up...just one point. You do realize that the former leader of Libya ordered that aircraft blown up over Scotland..Lockerbie. He was a terrorist. The Muslim brotherhood haven't ordered any aircraft full of people blown up.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Hold up...just one point. You do realize that the former leader of Libya ordered that aircraft blown up over Scotland..Lockerbie. He was a terrorist. The Muslim brotherhood haven't ordered any aircraft full of people blown up.

Yeah he was at one time, but after we Bombed Tripoli into the stone age and killed his daughter(or son?) we went from being a terrorist to being just plain terrified. After that we had no more problems out of him and actually used some air fields in Libya as FOB's for some certain missions.

While the MB hasn't ordered any aircraft blown up they have financed a great majority of the Taliban and Al Qaeda for many years. They have also recently ramped up their anti-American rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by amazing

Yeah he was at one time, but after we Bombed Tripoli into the stone age and killed his daughter(or son?) we went from being a terrorist to being just plain terrified. After that we had no more problems out of him and actually used some air fields in Libya as FOB's for some certain missions.

While the MB hasn't ordered any aircraft blown up they have financed a great majority of the Taliban and Al Qaeda for many years. They have also recently ramped up their anti-American rhetoric.

I see your points, and I'm not claiming the MUslim Brotherhood are friendly Girl Scouts by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't agree that taking out Khadafi s.p. was a bad idea, I don't agree with having a scumbag like that as an ally and I don't think this reflects badly on Susan Power.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So, just for discussion sake what makes someone so called "anit Israel"?? Does that mean you cant disagree with whatever they do?? Does that mean that if you have problem with a "sect" of the Israel religion??

And focusing on a old newsletter that has already been discredited by RP as a link in your post is a troll attempt.

On topic, placing two people who are related in a major Government position=

CIA
Home Land Security

Considering the major situations around the World that Obama was made to be President and take care of this is perfect situation for the Husband/Wife team.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama23

Why? So they can't testify against eachother?

Make Susan rice the NSA so she can't testify about the benghazi debacle?

samantha powers is the UN ambassador, and her husband - stepped down recently, I believe. What did he head?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Seems an awfully lofty post for someone that was not born in the US

Source

Does not make sense to me that someone born in a country other than The United States would qualify to be UN Ambassador for the United States.

For some reason Henry Kissinger comes to mind. What xenophobic garbage!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama23
So, just for discussion sake what makes someone so called "anit Israel"?? Does that mean you cant disagree with whatever they do?? Does that mean that if you have problem with a "sect" of the Israel religion??

And focusing on a old newsletter that has already been discredited by RP as a link in your post is a troll attempt.

On topic, placing two people who are related in a major Government position=

CIA
Home Land Security

Considering the major situations around the World that Obama was made to be President and take care of this is perfect situation for the Husband/Wife team.

Anti Semite would be against the religion.

Anti Israel would be against their policies, and not backing them in their violent need to destroy all the countries around them.

You could call me anti Israel, but I'm not in government. That's the problem I have with Samantha, Israel is a huge ally in the ME , like it or not we need them almost as much as they need us.

It's a spit in the face (imo) to make an know anti Israel personality your UN ambassador of foreign policy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join