It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigarettes - Need Brand Recommendations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Oh I know it's in my mind, but for some reason it's just not simple with me

Don't listen to the ignorant morons that think because they quit then it should be easy for people like you and me. First, if someone quit cold turkey then it's either out of absolute fear of cancer or dying, OR, they weren't really smokers in the first place.

My sister and brother died of cancer. Every one of my 7 uncles died of cancer. I took care of my brother the last year of his life. I KNOW what smoking does, and I still smoke.

As for the E-cigs, I can't tell you which ones to buy, but I can tell you a couple NOT to buy. The BLU e-cig makes me cough with every inhale, and I mean violently. There's one in the stores now called NJOY. These taste like dog crap, and the menthol one tastes like mentholated dog crap.

I tried Pure Smoke, but for some reason my throat closes up every time I try to inhale. It's harsh on the throat.

So, good luck finding a good one, just don't waste your money on the ones I mentioned.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Hey All -

I'm a failure at quitting smoking - I just keep coming back to my Marlboro Reds at a pack a day. That said, I must quit smoking ASAP since my little kids have got fully on my case, and frankly paying nearly $10 a pack is too much, I'd like to use that money for other stuff.

So, I've arrived at the conclusion that it's time to try e-cigs as an alternative to smoking, but I know very little about the topic and have been told by a friend that the quality/make/brand make a huge difference in the success of using e-cigs.

Here's where I need help from the ATS gang - I need recommendations for a high quality brand of e-cigs that ATS members have had success with, or members who know someone who has had quitting success (

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Good luck to you, it isn't going to be easy.
I had my last cig right before thanksgiving last year.
I started out with a ce4 clearomizer and a 650 ego battery.
It took a while before I found a e-juice that I liked.
Mt Baker Vapor is a good place to buy juice.
When you first start you will probably need a 24 nic juice since you smoke a pack of reds a day.
Once you find some juice you like take your time and start cutting back off the cigs at your own pace.
It took me a few days before I finally stopped the cigs altogether.
I can't say I feel any better, but I can say I don't stink like cigs anymore.
You may not save any money for a while, but after you find what works for you it will get a lot cheaper.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by Jason88

Just quit.

It's literally all in your mind.

Trust me.

Gee, why didn't I think of that? I could've quit a long time ago! What are you doing on ATS?? You should be out making a fortune teaching people to quit cigarettes!!!

Oh, wait, I think I know what happened here... This, folks, is what happens when certain personality types are confronted with a situation where they don't know the answer to your question. They seem to believe they have a better solution for you than what you've decided for yourself. They don't know you from Adam, but they somehow know what's best for you... Yep, that portion of logic just goes ahead and takes a swandive out the nearest window, all because they don't know the answer to a question. They came into this thread on a mission, they were going to dispense wisdom and nothing was going to get in their way, damn the cost!!! Don't know the answer to the question? No problem, let's just invent a new question and answer that question instead.

I got a cigar land brand from Cigarland smoke shops. It was 2 sets for like $100, which is good cause you can always have a battery charged and waiting. And it came with some cartridges I think... I got the cartridges and the drops, both Marlboro flavored. The drops seem to be stronger.but you must be careful not to add too much, because not only will it clog, it will leak from the point where it connects. It could also be that this particular brand has a leakage problem, I'm not sure yet. I would like to try some other kinds though.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm trying arko-cig (e-cig) first brand that came to me..didn't know a lot of the differences between them, so thanks for the info so far. I hope it will make it.
Good luck on quitting smoking-
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
here's a few thoughts. Marlboro's are loaded in chemicals. So are e-cigs. Don't do either of them. If you have to smoke order some fresh cuban cigars, or some very clean fresh cigars. Just smoke those.

Why????

Because it's real tabbacco. Think about this for a second. Tabbacco is a natural plant. It's not that bad for you in it's natural form. George Burns smoked a cigar a day til 100 yrs old. There's none of the harmful chemicals like that of the cig companies. It's just tabbacco leaves.

So that's one option. The other option is to smoke weed instead. It's better for you. The Canabinoids are actaully good for you. ...here's the other option. You go on a cold turkey detox. So it's going to be painful. Like you'll get the shakes, and you'll feel like you're gonna die for about a few weeks. But then it will get easier. And keep a large bowl of candies always near by. And have candies in your pocket that you can suck on.

So just always have candies. Eventually you'll normal out again and you'll be a non smoker.

LOOK....

you have to EMBRACE THE PAIN if you wanna quit! Don't fight the pain, embrace it. Like jumping into an ice cold lake. Try and enjoy the pain, like it will bring you back to life. Pain isn't always a bad thing. It will save yoru life. My GF's dad just died of lukema at an earily age. We know it was because he was a chain smoker. So embrace the pain. And keep telling yourself each day "I'm no longer a smoker". Say it over and over again.

Now here's how you start....

YOU DECIDE RIGHT NOW.
edit on 11-6-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As for my experience with e-cigs, I've done a ton of research and decided to go with Green Smokes. I really like not having to fill up with juice from God knows where and my monthly order gets shipped on time, every time. Not only that but they look and feel like a real smoke. It's nice to not smell like an ashtray anymore, that's for sure. And I feel much better now that I have all the additional chemicals from cigarettes cleared out of my body!

But really, it was the cost savings that got me interested and kept me buying. Hubby and I went from spending $10 a pack down to $2. Pretty hard to argue the economics of that if you don't really want to quit and just want an alternative that doesn't have the stench and the chemicals. We each smoked about 1 pack a day, so that's over $400 a month in savings. And in this economy, that's huge without having to give up something you actually like to do.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I tried several of the ecigs that actually look like cigarettes and I was never really satisfied. from my personal experience with ecigs so far, I recommend getting an EGo style ecig. They produce much more vapor, and are way more cost effective. The only problem I have found with them is the replacement clearomizers( you have to replace them occasionally). Some of the ones I buy from local smoke shops are garbage from the moment they left the factory. it has been hit or miss finding replacements that work like they are supposed too. I did some research and ordered some from a company called vision. They should be here in a few days and hopefully will be more reliable. That is my only complaint about the Ego style ecigs. I charge it overnight and the battery last all day. I cant speak for all the companies that manufacture cigarette styled ecigs, but I would avoid the Blu Brand. They advertise alot , but their product is terrible

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions - I did want update this post. I ended up buying the Ego C Twist, and have not had a cigarette in 6 days. I'm using a tobacco flavor but I'm getting interested in all these other wild flavors I see out there - so likely I'll try experimenting very soon. Anyways, first thing my family noticed after a day or two - no smelling bad, like smoke! So, I'm already winning. Thanks again, all!

Side note - Seeing this recent news tells me that e-cig market is about to explode even further than it already has: "Investment in NJOY Indicates E-Cig Category 'Paradigm Shift' - Electronic cigarette maker receives $75 million in funding from Parker, Teitelbaum: www.cspnet.com...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions - I did want update this post. I ended up buying the Ego C Twist, and have not had a cigarette in 6 days. I'm using a tobacco flavor but I'm getting interested in all these other wild flavors I see out there - so likely I'll try experimenting very soon. Anyways, first thing my family noticed after a day or two - no smelling bad, like smoke! So, I'm already winning. Thanks again, all!

Side note - Seeing this recent news tells me that e-cig market is about to explode even further than it already has: "Investment in NJOY Indicates E-Cig Category 'Paradigm Shift' - Electronic cigarette maker receives $75 million in funding from Parker, Teitelbaum: www.cspnet.com...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

That is GREAT! I'm on 7 months + now just vaping.You can do it! If you get into it enough the issue of buying replacement cleros and cartos is solved by Rebuilding them your self .on RBA Tanks (Re-Buildable atomizer). Easily I might add and for me at least its really fun ..
Once again Congrats on your switch from Analog to Digital and VAPE ON!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
just got this: tekcig.co.uk...
I hope it will work and I will quit smoking

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Aspire sub ohm battery and Aspire Atlantis tank.

Atlantis tank

Aspire Sub Ohm Battery

Super easy to use, awesome clouds (considering), adjustable airflow, fairly inexpensive, small enough for the pocket, uses a regular USB type charger.

When I decided I wanted to get a "real" e-cig I went with this set up and it blows away (sigh) others I've tried but is still super simple.

I don't want to be messing with my e-cig, I just want it to work. I think this is the perfect balance for someone getting into vaping. It's super simple, very effective and pretty darn affordable and delivers an adjustable amount of airflow that FEELS like you're smoking a regular cigarette. My girlfriend asked me a few minutes ago how many normal cigs I smoked yesterday, 5 and like I've said before I'm not actually trying to quit yet, it's just happening on it's own. Right now it's way more tradition than anything else when I actually light one.

Oh wow old thread!
edit on 3020150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
there are so many brands, and everyone likes different ones, i would reccomend you test and try

however when i first started vaping i tried all 4 on this list and stuck with the number one

bestecigaretteuk.org.uk...

hope this helps,
edit on 16-4-2015 by yeboprotein because: forgot recommendation

(post by paulharris0008 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Aspire sub ohm battery and Aspire Atlantis tank.

Atlantis tank

Aspire Sub Ohm Battery

Super easy to use, awesome clouds (considering), adjustable airflow, fairly inexpensive, small enough for the pocket, uses a regular USB type charger.

When I decided I wanted to get a "real" e-cig I went with this set up and it blows away (sigh) others I've tried but is still super simple.

I don't want to be messing with my e-cig, I just want it to work. I think this is the perfect balance for someone getting into vaping. It's super simple, very effective and pretty darn affordable and delivers an adjustable amount of airflow that FEELS like you're smoking a regular cigarette. My girlfriend asked me a few minutes ago how many normal cigs I smoked yesterday, 5 and like I've said before I'm not actually trying to quit yet, it's just happening on it's own. Right now it's way more tradition than anything else when I actually light one.

Oh wow old thread!

Ha ha It is old! lol
I work @ a vape shop and we sell a TON of Atlantis ,Arctic and the Kanger Sub tanks but I have not seen the Aspire Batteries yet.
Anyways congrats on the decision to vape and the transition is very easy once you buy your last pack..no fear!
I am 2 1/2 years now smoke free only vaping... I am in no hurry to quit but I am down to 6 mgs so all in all not much anyways I use a Copper Penny Mechanical and a Zenith RDA . I build my own coils using kanthal wire and it produces the same amount of vapor as yours and can far exceed it depending how I build it...Once again best of luck to you and enjoy the Vaping!

edit on 5/15/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: paulharris0008

Really? smh

(post by yasminedrake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I know a person who quit by using candies instead. So what they did is bought bags and bags of candies. They'd keep them everywhere they went. Bowls of candies everywhere. No smokes so they'd munch on candies. Well they were able to quit by doing that. Try it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join