It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing picture of baby born inside amniotic sac in ultra rare phenomenon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

That is strange, well maybe it can be hereditary and just hasnt been documented enough yet, who knows?

Still would be an amazing thing to witness I think

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

That is strange, well maybe it can be hereditary and just hasnt been documented enough yet, who knows?

Still would be an amazing thing to witness I think

It was... something I will never forget. Makes me wonder if it will continue when my kids eventually have kids of their own.

Wayne...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I saw this a couple weeks ago, asked my mother about the C-section she went through to birth me.
Turns out my amniotic sac was also intact.

Pretty amazing picture.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

Originally posted by Tribunal

Looks a bit like a tadpole egg thingy.

More like Aliens, lol.

I was thinking mermaid, myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

As soon as the sac was broken the baby started breathing on its own.

If the baby didn't know it had been born, and breaking the waters started the baby breathing, leaves me wondering how babies know to hold their breath after the waters break, until they know they have been born.

Damn, ats makes me question everything.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

Babies breathe in utero; they inhale amniotic fluid as soon as their lungs develop enough as it gets the diaphragm muscle developed and lungs 'inflated'; there's a certain small amount of gas and metabolic waste exchange through the amniotic fluid. They simply continue breathing once the fluid is removed. It can be dangerous if the 'water breaks' for a long period of time before birth because of risk of infection but also that they might inhale their own meconium or poop before they can be born. The mother is breathing for the fetus through the placenta and umbilical cord for it's entire respiratory needs until it takes those first few air breaths.

By the way, there's a reflex in humans that makes us 'hold our breaths' underwater; that's why you can see babies swimming and not automatically inhaling the water.
edit on 5-6-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

"Born in the sack" - you make it sound like a saying of some kind. There ought to be a song lyric to honor it or something, 'specially three generations all "born in the sack". Cute.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's an amazing picture, and for the ladies who are turned off childbirth by pictures and videos, I gave birth to a 9.7 pounder, then a 10.1 pounder, naturally and I never 'screamed' once. Sure it hurt like hell at the end of it, but the moment you hold your baby, you feel a love like no other and the pain is gone. Well worth it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It was called ,being born with a caul .
I had heard it meant the gift of second sight ,if you were born with one .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Being Born in a caul is a Hark back to when human women Laid eggs Because humans were reptilian and we had tails and wings, We were the famous Dracos Alternate literature raves on about!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I sincerely appreciate that warning. I've caught a moderate case of baby-bug and I'm trying to be very brave!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

i was there for my kids being born ,and let me tell you there is nothing better

watching your kids being born ,the second lot were twins boy and girl

that was a bit scary as emily was born breech and apgar 3

but apart from that the best moments of my life

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

my mother said that i was born like this also, she said i was born with a caul, and that according to family history, this was a sign that i would have the gift of second sight.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The way the skin is wrinkled and pressed against the sac, the baby looks fish like from the waist down. Just wait, some genius on the internet will claim it as proof of mermaids.
Beautiful pic.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have 3 months left till my kid is born, and i hope to God i never see something like that. I do not have a weak stomach by any means but something like that in real life would likely make me yarf on my shoes.
edit on 6-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

All 3 of my kids were born by C section and it was very cool to watch. Don't pass up the chance.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This doctor needs to read up on medical privacy and not post pictures of his patients on the internet where they can get distributed.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Is that what they used to refer to as being born with a "caul"?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

This was in Greece, they may not have those laws. Stuff does happen outside of the U.S.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's so cool. It would be great to know in the future if that nipper grew to to achieve great things like to omen says.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i too was in my amniotic sack, and at home. it made my father throw up and the midwife threw him out because she thought he was drunk (dad never drank, and rarely does now).

mom always told me that because of being born this way, i'd never die by drowning

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join