It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caffeine Withdrawal Is Now A Mental Disorder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

To be honest, I´ve never heard of caffeine withdrawal effects - headaches etc - and I know too many people who drink way too much coffee, including myself.

I usually drink around 10-15 cups (strong coffee, not powder-like, but from coffee-beans) a day. Although I can easily go days, even months without coffee. When I am home, I drink that much, when travelling/visiting somebody I usually do not drink coffee.

I wonder what are the reasons behind I not having the caffeine withdrawal effects. I consider my coffee drinking habits a nasty habit to get rid of. Not good for health in the long run.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes ok I looked that up.
I was treated in the 90's for migraines and the approval date for Depakote preventing migraines was 2000.
They had me try over 10 different meds and that wasn't one.
Of course if I went through it now I still wouldn't choose that medication.
Way too many side effects.

I'll still drink my coffee but with plenty of water to stay hydrated.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Yeah. I've always been a major caffeine junky, too, without much problem. If you look at a good number of my edits on this forum, I usually remark that it's getting edited because I've only had one cup of coffee.
My experience with the migraines associated with caffeine only triggered off in conjunction with a great deal of advil being taken over a long period of time. We're talking 3-4 advil being taken 4 times a day plus a full pot of coffee and 3-4 throwback pepsi's. The combination of the two was what created the rebound migraines and, like I keep saying, eliminating the advil and doing a slight reduction in caffeine intake eliminated the problem in a matter of days. I drink probably 8 cups a day with 2 pepsi's now, take pain killers very cautiously, and no longer have rebound migraines. I'm guessing there is a threshhold for what the brain can take. I've been drinking coffee since I was 14 and that was the first time I ever had a problem--it took a conjunction, not caffeine alone. Maybe it's more extreme sources than just coffee that's causing the issue. There are a lot of drinks on the market that have considerably more caffeine in them than a regular cup of coffee does.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by chiefsmom

Yes, so they can put you on drugs

Caffeine

put you on disability payments

A paycheck that has you working long hours that requires more caffeine.

and make you dependent on the government

They allow coffee into the country and at anytime can take it away from addicts.

Aren't we already almost halfway there here in the good old USA now?

You are all the way there.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tankgirl

Yes ok I looked that up.
I was treated in the 90's for migraines and the approval date for Depakote preventing migraines was 2000.
They had me try over 10 different meds and that wasn't one.
Of course if I went through it now I still wouldn't choose that medication.
Way too many side effects.

I'll still drink my coffee but with plenty of water to stay hydrated.

Yeah, depakote is not a fun drug to be on but considering that I had my license medically suspended and depakote was the only way to get my right to drive back, I gladly took it. I had the wonderful combination of depakote, depro provera and 30 mgs of prednisone going through my system at the same time. Needless to say that that was the one time in my life where I got a little pudgy.
Gained about 20 lbs in a month--no joke.
I'm still a coffee drinker. Considering that I suffer from chronic exhaustion, they're going to have to pry the coffee cup from my cold dead hands to get me to stop.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Many anti-epileptic medications are used for migraines, particularly Depakote. It's nothing new or earth-shattering. When a medication is prescribed for a condition it's not typically used for it's called "Off Labeled Use."

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" caffeine withdrawal as an actual mental disorder "

But Homosexuality is Not ? ......Go Figure....

Really? Am I understanding you correctly that you believe homosexuality is a mental disorder?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh God I'm SO high on caffeine right now and burntheships avatar is so, so, so Funny I.. I..

I just Couldn't Help It!
edit on 6/6/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Many anti-epileptic medications are used for migraines, particularly Depakote. It's nothing new or earth-shattering. When a medication is prescribed for a condition it's not typically used for it's called "Off Labeled Use."

Thanks. I actually knew that as I was the one prescribed the drug but another poster called its use for migraine prevention into question.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

www.philly.com

Ask anyone coming down from the high of one too many cups of coffee, and they'll tell you that the headaches from caffeine withdrawal can drive you crazy. So much so, that the latest version of psychiatry’s bible, DSM-5, is naming caffeine withdrawal as an actual mental disorder
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.webmd.com
godfatherpolitics .com

This is totally insane and very frightening. Let's remember though that the DMSR-5 is actually merely a list of fabricated and CIA created "illnesses" that are not real. In many cases, the disorders are just made up by government collaborating doctors created for mind control and experimentation.

Recently I had read an article where likewise "Hoarding" will soon be considered a "Mental Disorder." I believe this is being set up intentionally to more easily target individuals such as "Prepers" who are attempting to prepare for financial collapse and civil war, etc. They likewise can now be deemed mentally disordered, so this along with "Caffeine Withdrawal" as an ailment, feels methodically planned. We can see how Psychiatry and Medicine (ie. implants) in the United States, are all falling into line with the gov.scripts.

Very scary, totally twilight zone.
edit on 6-6-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My wife retired from teaching the end of last year. Now they decided she's depressed and gets disability of $1400 a month on top of her retirement.WOOHOO!!! Depressed about being retired don;t get much better. Local bar tender is buying her pills for another $100 a week.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Just wait until the side effects of the new medications make her condition worse and for the doctor's to tell her that all side effects are just her illness and that she just needs even more medication. Until eventually your entire life is completely overtaken by psychiatry and drugs and your wife is a burned out vegetable. She just sold her soul to the devil...

Just a friendly warning.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Time to file for disability!

Between caffeine withdrawal and chronic masturbation I should be a lock for full benefits.

Take that working suckers!

Dude I needed a good laugh today.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

This "disorder" as it’s described in the new DSM-5
(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders )
is placed under section ‘Caffeine-Related Disorders,’
which has a new entry: 'caffeine withdrawal'.

Most everyone knows the symptoms; fatigue,
headache and difficulty focusing.

Sure, those are valid symptoms of caffeine withdrawal if
you regularly over consume coffee, tea and drinks with
caffeine added... however is this really enough to classify
it a mental disorder?

So, now lets see what are the angles on this,
well for starters....you could be prevented from
owning a gun due to caffiene intoxication?

drinking too much caffeine can lead to “caffeine intoxication,” and withdrawal from the drug can lead to a caffeine-related “mental disorder

godfatherpolitics.com...

And, all they need to do is find you with those empty
coffee cups, and looking a bit tired.

www.philly.com
edit on 5-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Pretty sure this is true and my ex girlfriend had this disorder. Especially if the symptoms also include unexplained bitchiness, tendency to sleep around with others, and an uncanny ability to be extremely annoying.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

www.philly.com

Ask anyone coming down from the high of one too many cups of coffee, and they'll tell you that the headaches from caffeine withdrawal can drive you crazy. So much so, that the latest version of psychiatry’s bible, DSM-5, is naming caffeine withdrawal as an actual mental disorder

Related News Links:
www.webmd.com
godfatherpolitics .com

They have already taxed smoking to death, so that naturally means caffeine is next, as caffeine is an addictive substance.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Good point
they may be getting set up to do that.
Coffee is tax free as of now, who knows for how long?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, ask anyone who knows me, you don't want to talk to me until I've had my first cup of coffee
but as this affects so many people in different ways, I really don't think it should be a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Although I agree that the cure can be worse than the affliction, this is not always the case. Some people genuinely need to be locked up or drugged to keep things moving snuggly.

But yes I think that, to some extent, the industry has its foot on the gas pedal. There's no denying that nowhere else in the world is the psychiatric industry stronger than in the US.

It depends on perspective. For some people, these drugs are lifesavers and they swear by them. For others, like myself, I see people become dependent on their drugs and it's unappealing. I see them get lazy and anxious. I see their doctor's coddle them. I see increasing reliance.

Look at this:
www.psychologicalscience.o rg - Why Do People Defend Unjust, Inept, and Corrupt Systems?...

What this is saying is that people defend a system (corrupt or not) when:
1) It's threatened or attacked - crisis spurs people to support the system
2) They depend on it
3) Escaping it is very difficult or impossible
4) There's a feeling of low personal control (the system controls you)

IF our psychiatric industry is berserk then there'll be lots of die-hard supporters if and when it's attacked by legislation. And I'm more likely to believed it'll be attacked from outside.

But perhaps the human brain/body truly are screwed up a lot. Maybe these huge lists of disorders are just a very prominent clue that either we're messed up or out of sync. I argued the other day in a post that innovation has outpaced the natural ability of dna to adapt to selective pressure. This means our own genes become the enemy in a world dominated by rapid innovation. What this will potentially lead to is a more controlled state of evolution that's led by human choices.
edit on 7-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join