It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caffeine Withdrawal Is Now A Mental Disorder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Joe Stalin must be larfing his freaking butt off...

eta
S&F
GMO coffee?

edit on 5-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah Dan, GMO coffee.
Who would have thought?

Who knows what else the rats are doing.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All this does is prove what a bunch of idiots we have
controlling the field of psychiatry.
Everyone on that board of directors should be restrained and injected
with IQ serum. Because their brains obviously are dead.

and I have to include any idiot that signs up for the research trials to prove their theories.

Which will get me going in another direction. They'll be throwing money away researching the withdrawal symptoms to this stupid disorder.
edit on 6/5/2013 by Tankgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just wait, soon enough the act of being alive with a pulse will be enough to classify you as having a ________ disorder of some form. It is all part of the agenda, label as many people as possible with having any number of various disorders then drop the hammer on everyone and restrict rights, liberties, and anything else they want.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by Tankgirl

Yes, so they can put you on drugs, put you on disability payments, and make you dependent on the government. Aren't we already almost halfway there here in the good old USA now?

This is just stupid.

Stupid? Hell yes! But it's the way politicians guarantee votes and win elections. They keep people poor, dependent upon social welfare programs, securing generations of votes.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know that the subject at hand is the concept of making caffeine withdrawal a diagnosis in the new DSM. My opinion echoes that of many previous other replies, it's just plain silly. On to the subject of the DSM itself:

I recently completed my Bachelor's in Psychology with the intention of continuing on to obtain a masters in family therapy (potentially continuing ever onward toward a PhD in Clinical Psychology). So i've read a lot of the DSM-IV, and honestly, I am seriously beginning to lose faith in my chosen field.

In recent news, the NIMH has withdrawn it's support of the DSM-V because of "its lack of validity". For me, that is a very telling decision. Read more here

Unfortunately, I think that like big pharma, medicine and psychiatry are all about the money. The more diagnoses that are available equates to more money being made.

Here is an interesting video I came across that discusses the DSM, from its inception to the most current version. It's really long, but quite enlightening. DSM Scam

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I haven't posted much these last few days. I was going through my own "mental disorder".

You see, I just quit smoking. Went cold-turkey. Am in my 4th day right now. (Curious. I've developed a nasty cough)

Sissies whining about coffee can kiss my butt!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually the cough is sometimes due to the lungs trying to get rid of the junk that has been accumulated during the years you were smoking.

Although it's not common, some people seem to cough more than usual soon after stopping smoking. The cough is usually temporary and might actually be a sign that your body is starting to heal.

Tobacco smoke slows the normal movement of the microscopic hairs (cilia) that line your lungs. When you stop smoking, the cilia become active again. As the cilia recover and the mucus is cleared from your lungs, you might cough more than usual — perhaps for several weeks.

In the meantime, you can speed the process by staying well hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, such as water and juice. You might also increase the humidity in the air with a humidifier or vaporizer.

www.mayoclinic.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Lol my favorite disorder is "obedience defiance disorder"

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nicotine paralyzes the cillia that line the airways. That's why smokers have a cough in the morning and the first smoke of the morning eases the cough. But all the stuff that the cillia move out of the lungs stays in the lungs. When you quit, everything starts working again.

I am an expert in stopping smoking. I done it hundreds of times!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks! If my lungs are house-cleaning, I don't envy the job!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I remember when my husband stop smoking he got a nasty cough that would not go away for months.

But thankfully he is been smoke free for the last 20 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just wait until the next edition, where normal is a disorder. And the entire human population suffers from puny mortal syndrome, a spectrum disorder. See how you just can't win when you play the psychology game? It's getting soviet, and in the wrong hands you can get Democrat or Republican syndrome, I'm being realistic for how stupid people can be around the doctor force.

Caffeine withdrawal, when I go cold turkey, I get the pukes and my hands shake, then the diuretic properties of caffeine wear off and my brain swells for a while. Two days of that, it's a short term mental disorder that you can repeat over and over again. As soon as they start forbidding minors to have it in sodas, that would be a good wish for the people of my country.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Sandalphon because: grammar disorder

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Someone on the proposal team must have endured one too many painful incidents involving someone who Hasn't Had Their Coffee Yet. This is the revenge.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Newspaper headline a hundred years from now:

"Britons who refuse to convert to Islam are being diagnosed with multicultural adjustment disorder..."

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, seems someone gave you a good idea on the cough,
got to love ATS for that. Instant info.

Hang in there, and by all means, as soon as you wake up tomorrow,
have some good ole joe. Coffee speeds your metabolism, so it cant hurt.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Weird.
Because for the last 19 years I have not been through 48 hours without caffeine. I think I need to suffer for 3 days to see if this has any merrit.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Guess I'm eligable for disabilty since thats mostly what I drink. Can't help it,,I love coffee. HEY!! where' my dam check allready??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join